• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this guy a falling-putter?

Falling putts?

• Total voters
dont know if anyone mentioned , but maybe this dude was just playing fast (practice) and normally plants the foot more "lady" like in tournies.

"practice" . "we not talkin bout the game but practice" , " man what we talking bout."...... "practice"

Glad someone else gets it.

tldr - 10' casual solo round gimmie putts =/= PDGA tournament putts

so what youre saying is if you were playing in a competitive setting, you would follow the rules and plant your back foot or stand still like a statue for a moment on one foot before proceeding past the mark?:)

i would really like you to answer my question.

You blind man? What do you call the pause in between me releasing my putt and stepping forward? If that's not "halting his forward momentum" I don't know what is.

No, he's not blind. He's just an Internet troll who refuses to accept the possible notion that he could be wrong. You see Apothecary believes that he is the end all be all of all things known to man. The only right way, whether it be religion, politics, disc golf or whatever, is Apothecary's way. There is no debating it. If you should not agree that he is right, you can count on being labeled, called names or any other number of immature things. That's just how he rolls.

No, he's not blind. He's just an Internet troll who refuses to accept the possible notion that he could be wrong. You see Apothecary believes that he is the end all be all of all things known to man. The only right way, whether it be religion, politics, disc golf or whatever, is Apothecary's way. There is no debating it. If you should not agree that he is right, you can count on being labeled, called names or any other number of immature things. That's just how he rolls.

i dont think you know what trolling is.:\

look. BD has my back:

Yeah, I agree with Apoth, this has been an interesting discussion; I'll vouch for him on his admission of his non-trolling intent.

i would really like you to answer my question.

You must be dense if you need me to answer that question. Do you throw all of your 10' solo practice round gimmie putts like you were in a tournament? I don't. People like you are one of the reasons I prefer casual play. I got away from team sports so that I could do my activities how I want, not how a coach or referee tells me to. That's one reason I like skateboarding, and one reason I like playing Disc Golf. I'm not going to let you or anyone else ruin that aspect of it for me.

Last edited:
were in agreement then!:)

in the video you were breaking the rule and you would adjust for serious play.

im glad were on the same page.:eek:

go ahead and change your vote.

People like you are one of the reasons I prefer casual play. I got away from team sports so that I could do my activities how I want, not how a coach or referee tells me to. That's one reason I like skateboarding, and one reason I like playing Disc Golf. I'm not going to let you or anyone else ruin that aspect of it for me.

oh come on, nancy!

we are discussing the rules using your footage as a learning tool. dont get all butt-hurt on us. its not ALL ABOUT YOU:\

oh come on, nancy!

we are discussing the rules using your footage as a learning tool. dont get all butt-hurt on us.:\

Nice try. This thread has been anything but a general question regarding falling putts, rather it's been an up and down critique of my casual gimmie putt putting style for 25 pages or something at this point. If you were interested in a legitimate discussion over falling putts you would of posted at the PDGA board and asked genuine officials to comment, not post it here so every rec player who comes on DGCR can give his opinion. This thread is 25 pages long and we aren't any closer to having an official, fully substantiated agreement on whether my putting style is tournament legal or not.

were in agreement then!:)

in the video you were breaking the rule and you would adjust for serious play.

So now you're putting words in my mouth?

Last edited:
If I putted like that I would adjust it for tournament play not because I think it's illegal (it isn't). I'd adjust it because I know there are players out there who prefer to gain strokes by making bogus calls rather than playing better. They force you to play by their rules rather than the rules decided on by the governing body and I could see how this might be against their rules.

yes it took awhile but the battle has begun

471.jpg

i dont think you know what trolling is.:\

look. BD has my back:

ROFL! Your the Internet textbook definition.

it cracks me up that the rule is there, pros and TDs have explained how it is to be enforced and trogs on the net have so little faith in their balance that they argue in favor of falling putts.:eek:

Those who don't agree with you are trogs. Nice one, troll.

You've asked two people. So those two people alone are representative enough that we should accept their interpretation as what should be played? ok. :rolleyes:

If I putted like that I would adjust it for tournament play not because I think it's illegal (it isn't). I'd adjust it because I know there are players out there who prefer to gain strokes by making bogus calls rather than playing better. They force you to play by their rules rather than the rules decided on by the governing body and I could see how this might be against their rules.

Ya nailed it there!

i would call you on it for three reasons:

-it would force you to change your game
-it would get in your head and make you play worse overall
-its against the rules and i grantee i could sell it to the card.

am i a dick? yes. im one ruthless vato. but every stroke helps.;)

He demonstates balance. That's all that's required.

"demonstration of full control of balance" is whats required, mr reading comprehension.;)

its one thing to have that balance. demonstrating it is something else completely. the object is to make it undeniably clear to anyone who is watching you.

you slow down your forward momentum for a moment. youre still moving forward though.:wall:

:wall::wall::wall:

he clearly stands still after releasing his putts. you guys are rediculous.

i would call you on it for three reasons:

-it would force you to change your game
-it would get in your head and make you play worse overall
-its against the rules and i grantee i could sell it to the card.

am i a dick? yes. im one ruthless vato. but every stroke helps.;)

and i would continually harass you on your game seeing as you how must play perfect.

so do i. so do avery jenkins and eric centanni (who i learned my putting from). and we ALL do this kind of putt. lift the back leg and set it back down before walking to get the disc out of the basket.

if you set it down behind the mark and demonstrate a stop of forward momentum, youre cool. here. let this guy explain:

...there's no rule change. Feldberg was just illustrating how the rule should be followed.

As Feldberg points out, "jump putts" have never been allowed but "putt jumps" have been, meaning that the player must release the disc before jumping or stepping forward for lies beyond 10m. Inside 10m you have to place your non-plant foot on the ground with proper balance before moving forward after releasing the putt if it wasn't already on the ground (like a straddle putt). Where and when your disc has landed during a putt has no bearing on making legal movements, unlike some who think you can't move forward until the disc stops moving.

in the vid he doesnt put his back foot down.:\

Last edited:
I think it shows balance, but i guess if you were really a prick about it then it is a falling putt. Just do what he did at about 1:00

as far as im concerned, you lift your leg. you stop moving. you can look like a f*&$ing flamingo, just stand still as your putt is in the air. then go get it. foot back down or not. a falling putt is someone that is literally falling all over themselves to stay up. this guy isn't. ur a dick, i win.