• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

It's the where you at check-in?!?

JoshC

Im starting this thread for everyone who has joined and is looking for people to play a round or two with in their area. My vision is for everyone to list where they are from (because I've found not many place this in their profile) as well as a simple means for people to get a hold of them to play DG (often checked email / phone number)..... this way you can simply browse the thread and possibly set up an outing or two with new peeps.... heck, maybe TimG will make a searchable list of users by area code or something along those lines. (hint hint)

here goes....

Josh Charlton
Pittsburgh, PA and surrounding areas
[email protected]

I could definitely do it by zip code and it was a thought that had crossed my mind. Something like "Players near you" in your profile page. If the member base expands and I'd also be more than happy to add regional forums to make this sort of thing easier.

where you at??

Sounds like a good idea. I am always looking for people to play with.Ken Clay, Meridian, Ms. 601-917-7999.

Last edited:
I probably shoulda looked at this sooner.

It being winter here, I don't expect to get out anytime soon. But come spring, I was considering taking a 4-5 day trip around New York and Pennsylvania. I really wanna check out Warwick, and after that a friend of mine lives outside of Philadelphia, so I was gonna try and crash with him, then work my way back up to Buffalo.

Lewis
Kenmore, NY (Buffalo)
[email protected]

I probably shoulda looked at this sooner.

It being witer here, I don't expect to get out anytime soon. But come spring, I was considering taking a 4-5 day trip around New York and Pennsylvania. I really wanna check out Warwick, and after that a friend of mine lives outside of Philadelphia, so I was gonna try and crash with him, then work my way back up to Buffalo.

Lewis
Kenmore, NY (Buffalo)
[email protected]

Sounds like the road trip I took.. we went to the Philly area, Pittsburgh, Allentown, Warwick, etc. LOTS of fun. As for my contact info, just hit the "Contact Us" link on the upper right there :)

I am....

in Amory, MS. About 30 minutes South of Tupelo and 40 minutes North of Columbus.

Hey MagicTenor1, you are about an 1.5 hours from the start of Mississippi's premier disc golf country. Do you know that? You can play 18 in Columbus or Starkville, we have an 11 hole course in Amory, then there are 3-18 holers and a 27 holer in Tupelo, another 18 in New Albany, and a 9 holer in Fulton. Not to mention there are two courses at Tish St. Park and two in Holly Springs. All kinds of golf up this way if you can ever make it.

Oh and in Amory we play all year long and just about anytime of the day or night. Lots of night rounds in Amory.

If you make it this way my contact info:

Keith Spotts aka Amorybulldog
662-305-5077
[email protected](if you email make sure to put DG in the title or it will get filtered).

I'm in

Baton Rouge, LA. Highland Road Park out here is amazing, it has a little of everything. I've only played about 5 or 6 other courses, but this one has to be up there in terms of top courses in the country. The Rez in Jackson, MS is nice as well as the few I played while visiting Asheville, N.C.

[email protected] for a match. Bulldog, come check it out when ur dogs come see the tigers next year. :cool:

Might have to do that pecanputter....

I want to start travelling with my dawgs again. Used to make 2-3 road games a year until the kids started arriving. I have played the course just outside of NOLA and enjoyed it. First time I have ever played with bananas, oranges, and lemons growing on the course. That and the fact it is an old ball course make it a great course. Poorly signed at the time and this was pre-Katrina. The Rez is one of my favorites due to it's degree of difficulty in the longs. If you find it challenging you should head to Amory. Best ever round at the Rez from the longs is less than +5( I have played it twice in the long positions), best ever round in Amory from the pros on our 18 hole rotation (+10 and I play this course weekly, I designed it). Alas it is an untamed beast, even the creator can't master the course.

I'll ring you up sometime pecan if we ever get that way. Congrats on the NC. Look to push you guys for the West next year and continue to own your tigers in roundball.

Recreational Round Hook-Up

For anyone in/coming to Lehigh Valley area (Allentown)

Andrew L.
(484)226-8246, leave message
Preferred: [email protected]

If there is ONE disc golf destination, it must be Dallas-Fort Worth. There are 28 courses within 50 miles of my house, and I have played 18 of them.

Andy Clay
Fort Worth, TX
[email protected]

Where I'm at...

JR Stengele

Mukilteo, WA. - 15 minutes north of Seattle, WA. and 1.5 hours from Vancouver, B.C.

Several courses either way from me. Mukilteo is the perfect inbetween spot on the west side of Washington. If anyone is in the Northwest and planning on playing the the Emerald City, feel free to shoot me an email at
[email protected] ....Go WSU COUGS!!!!!!!

Jayson here...
Arlington, VA

I travel a lot with work and get to check out courses all over. I used to live about an hour north of Pittsburgh and considered Moraine my "home course" now I play Bluemont here in Arlington at least once a week.