• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Jawbreaker Plastic?

The Roach isn't board flat like Ringers and Zones but isn't deep either. It has a slight shoulder which is shallower than the Challenger and Aviar P&A. It is beadless.

It's junk...although the ones I've thrown and handled were 'Soft' versions. Just pure junk though.

I own 4 Zones and have "handled" several others. No idea what this "soft" version is that you are talking about. The Magnet's were soft, Banger's kinda soft, Zone's stiff, Challenger's stiff (and slick) no idea about the Roach's. Talked to many people who have them, including sponsored players, never heard about soft and firm of the same disc.

I own 4 Zones and have "handled" several others. No idea what this "soft" version is that you are talking about. The Magnet's were soft, Banger's kinda soft, Zone's stiff, Challenger's stiff (and slick) no idea about the Roach's. Talked to many people who have them, including sponsored players, never heard about soft and firm of the same disc.

Yep, Magnet and Banger GT are soft Jawbreaker...what I was saying. The Jawbreaker Challenger I threw also was, or at least a little flimsy. Of course, they couldn't be varying the softness or stiffness on different runs, right? ;)

Yep, Magnet and Banger GT are soft Jawbreaker...what I was saying. The Jawbreaker Challenger I threw also was, or at least a little flimsy. Of course, they couldn't be varying the softness or stiffness on different runs, right? ;)

I was thinking you meant "soft" "firm" in the Vibram sense. If not, this whole exchange is dumb. Of course runs can vary.

I was thinking you meant "soft" "firm" in the Vibram sense. If not, this whole exchange is dumb. Of course runs can vary.

Take the Jawbreaker Banger GT for example. Not labeled 'soft', just Jawbreaker. But the one a buddy has bagged is as soft as a 'Soft X' Banger GT. I'd like to handle some of the firm Jawbreaker you're talking about, I need to get to a store and do that.

Got these twins in today.
CQRH8kvl.jpg

Both 175g. The left is flat and the right has a wee-bit of puddle. I live for the puddle top putter so I am in love with it. I just wish the foil would have been better. They feel half way between Vibram firm and Medium. Were slick at first but after 45ish minutes of putting the slick film is wearing off to a nice tack. Could probably use a good wash like the Vibram Putters need to get their full tack. Will return after testing with another Update.

How durable do they seem? Good for Driving? I love challengers for driving/middie stuff and need to replace my Soft plastic one with something durable so I'm wondering if this is it.

I am surprised at the amount of statements saying that x soft is not durable.
I carry an x soft zone I use for much of my approach work, and it's holding up way better than my Pro-D zone s did.

I am curious as to how flexible these jawbreaker will get.

My x soft is actually holding up pretty well it's just that I play around a ton of rocks and trees and anything that's not made for that just gets chewed up. The underside of my challenger is thrashed, after 2 years of a lot of playing it lost it's fade and pretty surprised it took that long. I just want something that I can throw right into a rock and not have it take a chunk out of it.

Complete Speculation as I have not thrown these a whole lot but after 30+ door jam hits ( putting down hallway through doorway) I can see no visible dents or scratches. They feel like they will last quite a while. Just based off grip they do remind me of Innova Pro so I would assume they would last as well as that. Maybe better? only time will tell. One of the twins will be for up shots and drives so well know in a month.

My x soft is actually holding up pretty well it's just that I play around a ton of rocks and trees and anything that's not made for that just gets chewed up. The underside of my challenger is thrashed, after 2 years of a lot of playing it lost it's fade and pretty surprised it took that long. I just want something that I can throw right into a rock and not have it take a chunk out of it.

Have you tried a ZFLX Challenger? Would be more durable than x soft but the grip probably won't be as good.

Last edited:
Love Jawbreaker

I had a pair of Magnets and Challengers in Jawbreaker delivered to me last week.

The white Challenger molded up with a puddle top and the orange one a micron above flat. They are both on the softer side but are firmer than X-Soft and FLX plastic. They are slick compared to the Magnets but have better grip than my Pro-D ones.

The Magnets are stiff and have excellent grip. These will be my new putters for sure.

Jawbreaker is considerably more durable than Pro-D.

After a month I'm am starting to be convinced that the jawbreakers have less glide on my putts then My X-soft or pro-d had. I have hit more cages since getting them then I can recall in my whole career. I love the blend and they feel great but I cannot seem to get these down for a consistent putt. :(

Picked up a Jawbreaker Challenger today. I always liked the Pro-D Challenger, but the Pro-D plastic just did not hold up to everyday use. The Jawbreaker felt firm like Pro-D (feels about the firmness of Classic Blend when new) and hopefully it'll be more durable than Pro-D. Will report with results after taking it out for some play.

^ It should only take one round to decide if it's better than Pro-D or X-Soft. My experience with those two plastics is that it only took 18 holes for them to look like they had been through a war zone. Jawbreaker is way overdue.

^ It should only take one round to decide if it's better than Pro-D or X-Soft. My experience with those two plastics is that it only took 18 holes for them to look like they had been through a war zone. Jawbreaker is way overdue.

Can't speak for X-soft, but yes, my Pro-D was all but destroyed after 36 holes, and that was just putting into the chains, hitting the baskets, etc.; no long(er) throws or hitting trees...

I got a Titanium FLX Challenger, and it was more durable, but FLX made the Ti plastic way too soft for my putting liking. I'd love a Challenger in regular Ti. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Jawbreaker plastic does.

Latest posts