• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Jawbreaker Plastic?

I got enough play with my Jawbreaker Bangers today to give my opinion. As far as durability they are passing the test. I've gotten in 5 rounds today with them and they only have minor dings that I would say are similar to new KC Pro and 350g plastics have had in the past. Absolutely nothing like the Pro-D and Soft-X Bangers that I used before. After 5 rounds with those plastics I swear 4-5 grams would have been beaten out of them already. I do wan't to point out that I only putt/approach with these Jawbreakers. I don't throw them off the tee. I have a Ti for that. I would also like to note on the tackiness of this plastic. Really feels comfortable in my hand. Nothing slick about them even though they have some firmness. If there is a Discraft putter in Jawbreaker that you like I highly recommend getting them.

I have six JB Roaches now. One in the bag, and five for practice.

It seems like there are two different blends of JB. One has a soft X tack to it. The other is smoother and feels more like elite X. Anyone notice this?

^^^I don't want my Buzzz's to season so I get them in Z. Plus for cycling, this being a limited release, wouldn't be very practical. I bet they fly like an X, though...

I use my buzzz for short approach shots where many would use a putter. I love jawbreaker plastic. Durability isn't such a big deal to me as I won't be cranking on them

I have six JB Roaches now. One in the bag, and five for practice.

It seems like there are two different blends of JB. One has a soft X tack to it. The other is smoother and feels more like elite X. Anyone notice this?

I have close to 20 Jawbreaker Challengers (I tack one to an order every now and again) and I've had three that had a slickness to them. Don't know if this is what you're referring to....at any rate, the slickness wore away and they all feel the same now.

I got a Jawbreaker zone (first zone) and it wasn't anywhere close to the OS I was expecting/hear of. Barely comes out of an anny on a soft approach flick. I love the feel, but I guess I need to get a Zone in Z or ESP if I want a real Zone

switched to putting with the jawbreaker roaches. they are very flat top.

APX in Jawbreaker? That'll be cool...

I got a Jawbreaker APX, and I am really liking this putter in this plastic. I have a Soft APX and always liked the disc but not the softness of that plastic. The Jawbreaker is more firm, and while it's not as firm as my Classic Wardens, it's "good enough". The APX has done very well for me in several rounds (tied my personal best on the home course during one round using it), and I'm seriously considering making a change.

I do hope they'll come out with an even more firm Jawbreaker plastic, but the Jawbreaker APX is really good for me. :thmbup:

I got a Jawbreaker zone (first zone) and it wasn't anywhere close to the OS I was expecting/hear of. Barely comes out of an anny on a soft approach flick. I love the feel, but I guess I need to get a Zone in Z or ESP if I want a real Zone

if u dont want that zone, trade?

I bought a jawbreaker Zone, thinking it would break in to be a straighter compliment to my go-to cryztal FLX Zone.

The one I got is yellow/orange, 173g. It's very firm and grippy, which is a very different feel from the FLX I'm used to throwing (flexible but slippery). Took a few rounds to get used to that feel.

It's super flat on top (even slightly concave) which is normally what I look for in my OS Zones. Right out of the box it did all of the OS Zone things: fade hard, not glide, never turn...act like a flightless turd in general.

Overall I like the Jawbreaker. It could replace my FLX...except that it's visibly starting to break in after about 3 rounds. Haven't noticed much change in stability yet; I'll have to wait to see if it beats into a compliment to my FLX Zone (rather than a replacement).

Jawbreaker Nukes available at sunking. Seems like a great idea until you throw it off the fairway. Some of those colors are tough

Cool stamp. I'll probably pick one up once they list them if they have any hot pinks.

Attachments

• JB Nuke.JPG
    JB Nuke.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 47
Why dont they have jb wasps?! Im growing furious at discraft.

If I cant have my beloved x wasps, Ill settle for jb.

ordered 4 jawbreaker roaches the other day. 3 were great firm tacky 1 was super slick and felt like the old waxy D. Been using the slick one as a thrower think it would just beat into a real flippy one that I could use for anny putts, but it is holding up really well. Still think jawbreaker is currently the best plastic out there but going to have to buy them hands on from now on.

ordered 4 jawbreaker roaches the other day. 3 were great firm tacky 1 was super slick and felt like the old waxy D. Been using the slick one as a thrower think it would just beat into a real flippy one that I could use for anny putts, but it is holding up really well. Still think jawbreaker is currently the best plastic out there but going to have to buy them hands on from now on.

Scrub it with dish/grease soap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why dont they have jb wasps?! Im growing furious at discraft.

If I cant have my beloved x wasps, Ill settle for jb.

Wasps have been consistently inconsistent in most plastics. I'm not sure you want what you're actually asking for.