• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jussi Situation

If anyone is truly for smaller government, then they have to fully embrace "My body, my choice." There's no debate. Sorry.

Buying sex is a bigger deal here in the Nordic countries compared to the US I think, it's not very common here and it's very much frowned upon. Basically it's an action of a male chauvinist pig and in a part of the world where womens rights is further along than basically anywhere else it's not really something you're coming back from.

Personally I won't be buying or throwing a disc from Discmania as long as he's with the company, simple as that.

So does that mean it's only illegal for a man to purchase sex from a woman? And only the man is charged with a crime?

Last edited:
So does that mean it's only illegal for a man to purchase sex from a woman? And only the man is charged with a crime?
The law doesn't consider gender, but yes, it's only illegal for the buyer, not the seller. Although pimping is also illegal

This story interests me about as much as a story about where Trump buys his socks. Which is to say, not at all.

But when I read the post he wrote, my mind immediately understood it to be nipping idle speculation in the bud. These days, no one bothers to check their heads - they just go to town on a twit-storm of accusations and then conjecture of the worst-case-scenario type. In this case, he made sure that didn't happen, at least.

It's bad enough, I guess, but I sure don't judge him for what amounts to a very human mistake.

I wasn't judging it just drew my ire. It is most likely the cultural difference in how the statement was worded. For sure, he made a mistake, he is owning it, life will go on.

The person trying to assert the unknown has the burden of proof. Next you will ask me to prove God doesn't exist.

the burden of proof is on the accuser, no? you make a bold claim and then ask for people to prove you wrong? that's a big part of what's wrong with our country right now

To be clear: I am not saying that I have proof of anything. I am saying that, according to the police, there is a distinct possibility that this is the case.

Now that I've shared my information, I'm wondering what proof you guys have that the woman is a willing sex worker. Are you basing it on any information, or are you just assuming? Why should that assumption be the default?

Thread starter idea:

Has Jussi peaked?
Or should it read did Jussi Peak?

I agree with Golden Tuna that all this is not our business unless you are connected with Jussi personally.
But that does not mean that we can't make fun of the situation even though I feel sorry for the people involved.

I wasn't judging it just drew my ire. It is most likely the cultural difference in how the statement was worded. For sure, he made a mistake, he is owning it, life will go on.

I did not intend to imply you were judging, Skotty. I apologize if it came off that way. I was only speculating as to why "adult" was part of the verbiage used...

And if you were judging, I wouldn't judge you for the judgment. :p

Nope....the mistake was getting caught. There was NO mistake on Jussi's part. He was a willing participant. He clearly understood the circumstances and ramifications. It is unfair to characterized any part of this as a mistake. (besides getting caught) To be clear, he is also sorry, BECAUSE he got caught.

To be clear: I am not saying that I have proof of anything. I am saying that, according to the police, there is a distinct possibility that this is the case.

Now that I've shared my information, I'm wondering what proof you guys have that the woman is a willing sex worker. Are you basing it on any information, or are you just assuming? Why should that assumption be the default?

I let the police and investigators figure that stuff out instead of wildly speculating.

I let the police and investigators figure that stuff out instead of wildly speculating.

The police's speculation is my source of information.

"He does not write in detail what the matter was about, but HBL has previously reported on the case, which thus concerns the purchase of a Ukrainian woman in Sweden.

Stockholm police Simon Häggström warned in the article that the very largest part of the Ukrainian women on the sex market in the Nordics are currently victims of organized pimp networks, and that the majority of them are ordinary women who have been forced into prostitution because of the ongoing war."

Damn the mods are showing patience with this thread ... or they are asleep at the wheel. How long before this is moved into landfill or politics? Over/under?

ok, so why would I need to try to dis/prove anything here? you're baiting really hard to make an argument out of nothing.

edit: damn, someone killed my perfect 5000post/2500nice ratio.

Convicted? I thought he had just been arrested...So Jussi had a trial already?

Things happen quick over there I guess.

Legal systems are usually VERY different than in the US. Generally the accused are guilty until proven innocent, and the court systems are much faster to adjudicate. Basically just like the internet :D

"He does not write in detail what the matter was about, but HBL has previously reported on the case, which thus concerns the purchase of a Ukrainian woman in Sweden.

Stockholm police Simon Häggström warned in the article that the very largest part of the Ukrainian women on the sex market in the Nordics are currently victims of organized pimp networks, and that the majority of them are ordinary women who have been forced into prostitution because of the ongoing war."

I just went back and read the article you linked. Seems he probably went through some type of pimp to get serviced by a Ukrainian woman.

When someone gets caught like this, it's rarely a first time issue. Based on this info, does sound like he's got a problem.

Culver's is a good choice around here, but man, as a traveler to Texas once a year or so, I'd love to see both a Whataburger and a Rudy's take root here...

Living on the west coast my entire life, I've only recently heard of Whataburger and never heard of Rudy's. I just discovered Culver's like 2 years ago. I've been living under a rock! :(