• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just right or too many?

jansenk4

My bag is not huge but do I still carry too my molds? Tell me what you think. I backhand most of my shots but carry some for forehand shots as well. I have a few courses where the open holes are nice for the high speed stuff, but definitely not driving these on every hole by any means. Where would you trim, add, or is it just right?

For good measure this thawing period I was hitting 380 cleaning up my form last week if the tee pad wasn't icy as hell. Now hoping even longer as the weather warms up.

Long range (350+):
Boss- Straight and deep hyzers
Katana- Anhyzers (lighter wt), hoping straight shots if I hyzer flip with the max wt white one I haven't been able to use lately

Drivers (315+/-15)
Surge SS-Anhyzers
Flick-Straight with stability late and big skip (also a forehand disc)
Max-Same as the flick and I would think obvious overlap but I bring one as a utility disc if I can't afford that huge skip I get with a flick

Fairways (280+-20):
Banshee-Straight with stability at the end (also forehand)
Stalker-Straight, possibly slight annhyzer with the cryztal (more understable)

Mids (Whatever I don't want to put-260)
Drone-Hyzer (hyzer forehand in trouble)
Buzzz-Straight shots
Impact-Anhyzer disc (light) for the narrow tree lined anhyzer holes (forehand anyhyzer in trouble)

Putter:
Aviar

Thanks for any feedback, hard to get a solid opinion elsewhere sometimes

11 molds is high for some people, but I carry 10 usually. I think your bag is fine. It is better than carrying 8 different speed 10+ drivers, 1 mid and 3 putters, like some new players.

I got u beat with number of molds :p But this doesn't seem like too many. Actually, u could probably use a more stable putter to use for approaches. Do u make most of your approaches with the aviar?

I carry too many and I like it.

You're fine. The Mold Police aren't gonna get you.

If I got pulled over by them I'd get cuffed. But once they found the permit for that many molds in my bag I'd be released...

If I got pulled over by them I'd get cuffed. But once they found the permit for that many molds in my bag I'd be released...

Ha Nice.. I'll be on the look out since I'm applying for my permit still

Do u make most of your approaches with the aviar?
Yeah I have a new KC that seems stable enough (even for driving short holes ~200) and the champion one I've had for a while for 100 foot or so. I end up doing a lot of approaches with a drone though, the flx sits nicely

Ha Nice.. I'll be on the look out since I'm applying for my permit still

Do u make most of your approaches with the aviar?
Yeah I have a new KC that seems stable enough (even for driving short holes ~200) and the champion one I've had for a while for 100 foot or so. I end up doing a lot of approaches with a drone though, the flx sits nicely

ahhh ok, the KC and Champion are plenty stable for approach discs...carry on!

If you feel you carry too many molds, find routes to simplify. If you're happy with what you carry and know what each will do for you, then so be it.

I like both aspects and sometimes switch it up. I can carry 4 rocs for everything, or play around with a Hornet/Fresh Z buzzz/ESP Buzzz/Meteor. You really just need to use what you find comfortable. With colder temps and harder grounds, I've opted to put the Rocs away.

Well, you have a purpose for each, so you are probably fine. The only thing I would look at is picking either the Flick or Max maybe, but if you are ok with carrying one disc just because of skip, then that's fine.

Also, I think between the Buzzz and Stalker, you should be able to work turnover lines with those and the Impact a very tight squeeze between those once you are able to do that.

Drivers (315+/-15)
Surge SS-Anhyzers
Flick-Straight with stability late and big skip (also a forehand disc)
Max-Same as the flick and I would think obvious overlap but I bring one as a utility disc if I can't afford that huge skip I get with a flick
I have a grievance with this section. You need a proper stable driver like a Surge or Wraith, PD, Orc, etc. You'd have a lot more control and shorten the range gap b/w here and your Boss/Katanas.

That's about it, everything else looks peachy keen. I do 2nd the driving putter suggestion (BB Aviar, Wizard, etc.)

Well, you have a purpose for each, so you are probably fine. The only thing I would look at is picking either the Flick or Max maybe, but if you are ok with carrying one disc just because of skip, then that's fine.

Also, I think between the Buzzz and Stalker, you should be able to work turnover lines with those and the Impact a very tight squeeze between those once you are able to do that.

Very true technohic I had thought this in the back of my mind

B. Dave I think I am gonna see how much of a distance gap I am getting between the Flicks and bosses with the nice weather. Then I'll see if some other molds may help my game and make minor adjustments if necessary.

May also borrow one of my brother's rhyno's to see if I would ever use it in a round for a stable approach disc/hyzer putter.

Thanks for weighing in guys

Last edited: