• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kansas City Wide Open

As bad as his tantrums are the sport of Disc Golf needs all characters as did tennis with J-Mac. The sport needs a needle in the arm so a pr1ck or two couldn't hurt.

If anything, I would've fed off McEnroe's anger and used it against him.

It's interesting you say that - MJ has said that during his amazing round at Bradford at worlds this year that he fed off of AJ's complaining about the course and even said that it kept him more focused b/c he was laughing the whole time and not thinking about what he was shooting.

As bad as his tantrums are the sport of Disc Golf needs all characters as did tennis with J-Mac. The sport needs a needle in the arm so a pr1ck or two couldn't hurt.

He's the most pronounced in the sport but he is far from the "needle in the arm" that this sport needs. Nice, respectful, talented pros are the minority. There are a great number of talented pros that kick their bags over, yell obscenities, and complain every hole. The argument has always been "They're playing for a good deal of money, blah blah blah..."

They are professionals, and they should act as such. They can think whatever they want to think, but the outbursts heard 400' away, as have been reported from BOTH of the 2 recent NATIONAL TOUR EVENTS is unacceptable. I don't blame MJ for not wanting to travel to play these, adults should be able to handle themselves as such. And yes, they may be young, but they are indeed ADULTS.

It's interesting you say that - MJ has said that during his amazing round at Bradford at worlds this year that he fed off of AJ's complaining about the course and even said that it kept him more focused b/c he was laughing the whole time and not thinking about what he was shooting.

Playing against angry people is like playing in the wind. If you know how to deal with it, it's a huge advantage.

I would've loved to have been at Bradford that day to watch MJ work over the course while Avery soiled his diaper.

So it's better sportsmanship to blame and yell at others than to be angry because you expect yourself to perform at the highest level? Not sure I quite buy that argument.

Not blame. In Macs situation he legitimately things someone is cheating him, and anyone in that situation IMO would be entitled to be a "little" upset.

Its also one thing to get upset due to poor performance, I get that. It's an entire other thing to pout, which I feel I've seen far to much of from Mr. Nikko. I'm from MO and want to see that guy succeed fwiw.

Latest posts