• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kansas City Wide Open

I'm keeping an eye on the second round on PDGA.com's live scoring page. Gee, sure would be nice if there were some actual live video of the event...

I'm keeping an eye on the second round on PDGA.com's live scoring page. Gee, sure would be nice if there were some actual live video of the event...

Word on that. I'm at work and have to be in front of a computer this afternoon. I'd love to be distracted by some video.

Happy to see Nate take the lead. I talked to him and Val last night. Both super cool people and both of them look to have lost a good bit of weight (something I wish I could do). I wish good things for both of 'em.

Last year at the awards ceremony, they sat next to me and we chatted for quite awhile, about DG but all kinds of stuff. They seem like good people to me, although it was hard to resist the "imagine the cannon arm your kids are going to have" comment. I was strong, though. But seriously, imagine the skills those kids will grow up with.

I walked around for Open round 1 at Water Works. I was really happy to see local phenom Matt Perry finish fifth in open. He is a really good wind player so I expect him to do well at Rosedale this afternoon. McBeth was solid with his putts. Easy to see why he is a World Champ. Justin Atwater-Taylor from Grip almost put a 60 footer in on 14 with the basket pucker inducing close to OB road. That took some stones. Got to catch up with old friend Cam Todd, good to see him back playing. I was hoping to see Ricky playing but I guess he withdrew? If it is windy tomorrow, Blue Valley is going to be one of the toughest courses in the world.

Does anyone know why Ricky withdrew? Screwed me for one of my leagues that doesn't have subs :\:\:\ Oh well, hopefully everything is ok with him.

Does anyone know why Ricky withdrew? Screwed me for one of my leagues that doesn't have subs :\:\:\ Oh well, hopefully everything is ok with him.

Screwed a lot of people over. I think something like 70% picked him for KCWO in one of the leagues with almost 400 people playing.

Does anyone know if any YouTube Tournament footage guys are getting good footage on the KCWO that we'll get to see anytime soon? There are a lot of guys now putting of excellent footage and I'd be stoked to see some of it online.

There were some people filming and filming with a drone yesterday at swope gold.

I'm really disappointed with DGplanet. For all the money they've spent and all the effort they said they were putting into their broadcast, not one minute of live coverage is very upsetting. And even the post-show isn't working for me. Might just be my computer, but I can't even watch that now. So even though I'm in KC, the fact I have to work this weekend and can't go see the Wide Open live is one thing, but a website who claims to show live disc golf coverage not showing any is just salt in the wound.

Well, not to be harsh, but I have absolutely no interest in watching DGP.TV any longer. What a huge bummer... I really enjoyed the live coverage they used to provide even if the commentary was often painful between holes.

Crazy John saying ' the perpendicularity of the perplexicuity' is always fun.

Suggested drinking game: Crazy John invents a word, everyone downs a shot
15 minutes in, you won't even care if it's english...

I ran into Ricky at Swope on Wednesday afternoon and he was laying in the shade (literally) taking it easy. I asked him if he was tired and that's when he pointed to his right calf and he had some kind of 'sleeve' over it. He sounded really iffy as to whether he would be able to play this weekend and as it turns out, the pain must have been to much. Really sad about this cuz he is such a cool young man, always willing to chat it up with his fans, and it would have been great to see him take on Big Blue tomorrow!!! Oh well, I wish him a speedy recovery!

What is everyone else watching? Was the interviewer asking Paul to tell him about "that person" the creepiest question ever -- or am I watching this out of context?

What is everyone else watching? Was the interviewer asking Paul to tell him about "that person" the creepiest question ever -- or am I watching this out of context?

No Brooks just managed to put his typical creepy "Frauleins of the fairway" touch on it.

There's no way that this video isn't intentionally the most uncomfortable ever? I've missed some kind of joke here -- right?

Latest posts