• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Falk

Yes, to the best of my memory..
Let us know how it goes. I broke myself buying backups of discs going oop. It may be a few weeks before I get to pick a K1 up.

Word. I just ordered 2 white 172g K1's. Can't wait!

So is K1 kind of both star and champ? I noticed some clearer K1's and also some more opaque Star looking ones?

So is K1 kind of both star and champ?

I'd say that's a pretty good assessment. I've only thrown a K1 glow Berg and it definitely has more flex than champion. The bubble top of the Berg may exaggerate that impression though. Better grip than typical champion too.

Word. I just ordered 2 white 172g K1's. Can't wait!

So is K1 kind of both star and champ? I noticed some clearer K1's and also some more opaque Star looking ones?

Close enough on the feel but tougher than either. The Opaque seems to wear in quicker than the translucent, so that is in line with Champ/Star.
Its like Prodiscus Premimum but tougher.

I have had my 1st run Rask(translucent) almost 4 years, used to get out of trouble and forehand rollers, and it is 8/10 still. My 3.5 year old White Opaque Kaxe is about a 7/10.

I have been throwing various K1 Kaxe and Kaxe Z for two years now. My preferred ones are the opaque ones, because the translucent ones seem to be a bit more flexible. I expect that translucent Falks will be more flexible also.

My favorite Kaxe is a two year old White opaque 174 gm. It has been slamming into sharp rocks at Devens DGC since I bought it, but is still in great shape. It shows small scratches, but still looks quite good. And, it flies about as stable as when new.

If all Kastaplast K1 discs are as rugged as mine, then you can expect long lives with them.

I'd say that's a pretty good assessment. I've only thrown a K1 glow Berg and it definitely has more flex than champion. The bubble top of the Berg may exaggerate that impression though. Better grip than typical champion too.

:thmbup:

Close enough on the feel but tougher than either. The Opaque seems to wear in quicker than the translucent, so that is in line with Champ/Star.
Its like Prodiscus Premimum but tougher.

I have had my 1st run Rask(translucent) almost 4 years, used to get out of trouble and forehand rollers, and it is 8/10 still. My 3.5 year old White Opaque Kaxe is about a 7/10.

This makes me feel better, since they were a bit pricey :D

For now I'm not a big fan of the Falk, it feels more understable than his numbers like everyone says. Today at my local course I was alone and I decided to play against myself, Discraft discs against my Kastaplast discs. I like the Reko and the Kaxe but I didn't find a way to use the Falk efficiently with my modest talent.

On some holes when throwing a Falk it was always bad, my other throw was with a Mantis and I got a lot better results. It was windy so it probably didn't help.

Decided to give the Falk another run...Valks haven't been working for me. 2 green K1 170g. Good fliers, little domey though. Easy glide.

I almost ordered a Falk.....in comparison to the River, is it the same, more or less stable?

Thanks, I recently bought a Kaxe Z after using an original Kaxe off and on. The Kaxe feels like a little speedy bullet when thrown. I think it's a good disc in the wind for sure. The Z I havent tried much.

When it isnt 100 degrees out I will have to throw that again. I have so many discs in the 7 speed range where I came to my senses and decided against buying a Falk. I love the feeling of Kastaplast K1, but my collection is already larger than needed. The price tag on these bad boys kinda steers me away. The feel in my hands is very nice though.

Thanks, I recently bought a Kaxe Z after using an original Kaxe off and on. The Kaxe feels like a little speedy bullet when thrown. I think it's a good disc in the wind for sure. The Z I havent tried much.

When it isnt 100 degrees out I will have to throw that again. I have so many discs in the 7 speed range where I came to my senses and decided against buying a Falk. I love the feeling of Kastaplast K1, but my collection is already larger than needed. The price tag on these bad boys kinda steers me away. The feel in my hands is very nice though.

Nice, yeah. I will say the Falk is a solid Speed 9, so it's going to be "faster" than a River.

They are touchy. How does it compare to a DX slightly worn Teebird?

A Falk is a Valk that has better glide... and maybe a touch slower even if not by wing size.

As much as the Crave is an improved TeeBird, the Valk is an improved Valkyre. Plasma Crave will be what you are looking for.

Edit: I see streets already answered. He is correct.

Last edited:
A Falk is a Valk that has better glide... and maybe a touch slower even if not by wing size.

My K1 Falks are both a little domey and I was throwing them beside a flat GStar Valk and I agree with this assessment. The GStar Valk flew faster out of the hand but the Falk felt a little slower and just floated its distance.

Edit: Read a few pages back and answered my question. :|

Last edited:
Is someone puts their Leo3 s out to 350 on a slight flex line, and Destroyers out to 400' on a hyzer flip to flat and slight flex line.....what would a Falk fly like at the 350-375' power???

Is someone puts their Leo3 s out to 350 on a slight flex line, and Destroyers out to 400' on a hyzer flip to flat and slight flex line.....what would a Falk fly like at the 350-375' power???

Assuming that the throw is flat and clean, it should have a gentle turn for most of the flight and a gental fade at the end.

If thrown on anhyzer, it needs to be aired out. It will go a long way if given enough height.

Really, just think Valkyrie with better glide.
Don't be surprised if it flys as far as your Destroyer on a hyzer flip line.

I think Streets throws a bit farther than I do, let's see if he agrees with this assessment.

Last edited: