• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Fury

i just came in from throwing it here at the house
on a long sweeping anny down hole 9
the differences between my vision, fury, and saint (all in opto) was very blurry
seemed like some overlap

i will get them out to the driving range tomorrow to get a real feel for it/them

Vision and Fury I could see.

But as someone with multiple Saints and one GL Fury, can't really see any overlap.

How do you get overlap with your Saints? Mine fly nothing like my Visions.
Just ordered a Fury and looking forward to it though.

I have 2 visions and a striker both in GL that are uselessly over stable ... Almost as much as my opto xXx... So I can see there being some overlap with a run of visions and the saint

Ahh that would explain it then, I wasn't aware there was an overstable run of Visions. I'd be kinda pissed if I got one of those.

Ahh that would explain it then, I wasn't aware there was an overstable run of Visions. I'd be kinda pissed if I got one of those.

Maybe my two are freaks but I honestly feel like they are useless tits ... IMHO the underworlds and first run furies are thus far pretty consistent in flight path

newer opto vision and low PLH air saint and opto fury
and the saint was the most stable of the three
and i did say i only got a couple of throws on them
also did not call them identical

Just threw my fury for the first time today, and I dig it. I got a 172 GL and it feels great. I threw it side by side with my S-Line Discmania TD (also a rad understable disc) and they had very similar paths and were usually within 2 or 3 feet of each other. If further testing yields different results I'll post them. I will say I prefer the GL plastic to S-Line (Star) plastic. I really want to see how an Opto Fury will compare to my C-Line TD (I usually prefer Opto to Champ), I guess I know what my next purchase is.

I bought a first run Fury and got out to try it an I was impressed. I was looking for a lat roadrunner and I think I found it. Ripped it flat in the the air and I watched that fury go straight, turn, and take the best angle towards the basket. I only threw it like 4 times off the tee and 2 of them were ace runs! Im just hopin this GL only breaks in a little, I feel like this disc requires some good snap, but is already in the sweet spot outta the box.

After throwing a GL Fury a lot this weekend at a tournament, I'm still liking it even as it breaks in. Distinctly more high speed turn than a Saint. I had originally pegged it as a speed 8 disc, but it is faster than that. Further than my Roadrunner, maybe speed 10. Lots of glide too, slightly less than a Saint or River... so be careful with the cross winds or it will sail away.

It has made my bag for non-windy days.

I noticed a couple of people have commented that the Fury is not much longer than the Underworld. I was wondering if that is still the general concensus and roughly how much more distance people are getting with the Fury over the Underworld. I am clicking pretty well with the Underwold and dont want to muddy the waters unless their are some real advantages to adding the Fury to the bag.

For me at least the Fury will fade out after it turns, whereas I don't get that with the Underworld. The underworld holds a solid anny and doesn't come out at all. This could be a form flaw, and I've only thrown both a few times. I personally get a lot more distance with my fury then my underworld and 9 out of 10 times it will come out of the turn at the very end.

For me at least the Fury will fade out after it turns, whereas I don't get that with the Underworld. The underworld holds a solid anny and doesn't come out at all. This could be a form flaw, and I've only thrown both a few times. I personally get a lot more distance with my fury then my underworld and 9 out of 10 times it will come out of the turn at the very end.

not a form thing, thats how the underworld flys. Just keeps turning and turning, like a longer fuse.

Finally got to throw my Fury today. Here's my take/early review:
White Gold Line 168g, fairly domey and a pretty flexy/gummy gold line run.
First, I love this disc! It flies fairly similar to my beat in Elite-X Cyclone only WAY longer. I had two of my longest calm condition drives with this thing today. For reference I throw with a Swedish style throw, coming from down low kind of like a hyzer flip. With my normal drive, and aiming for straight distance it bombed. It had a really nice S pattern flight. Nothing abrubt, and the turn portion was almost like a slide to the right similar to how a Comet would slide. On a distance line the fade is pretty healthy.
Releasing flat produced some really nice turnovers that basically held to the ground as long as I don't put too much air under it. Again the turnover was more of a nice slide to the right instead of a turn.
On an Anny, this baby holds all the way, and doesn't come out.
On big sweeping hyzers, it was a really cool flight I haven't really seen before. I threw one hole with a lot of hyzer, maybe 45* hyzer. It climbed in hyzer, started to flatten out pretty high up, maybe25-30ft. Flattened, slide right just a hair, came back flat still pennetrating forward, and then started fading off left, still penetrating forward. Easily the longest hyzer shot I have had. If you need a LONG hyzer and have room to work at the apex of flight, this disc is what you need!
So far I'm loving it, beat out my Saints (I'm one of the apparently very few that didn't like the high speed stability of the Saint). I want to get a max weight Opto next to see if it will hold low hard hyzers and see if it has a little more fade on low straight shots.
Sorry for the wall of text, but I know a lot of people are wondering about this diisc, and if it was worth it for Lat to make it. I say YES!

My 167 GL Fury acts like a fresh Opto River for me. Probably a little longer but I'll test it against a 164 Opto River for reliable turnover shots. I'm curious what it will beat into...hoping for a beat River that isn't absurdly flippy.

This is a nice disc for turnovers because it doesn't turn out of the box. It starts for me about mid-flight and fades out at the end. I think Rivers come out a little turnier, but that could just be me.

I haven't thrown my Opto 167 on the course but it was surprisingly more understable during field tests. Usually Opto goes the other way.

Thank you for the feedback. I decided to order an Opto and Goldline. If it works out for me I will put it in the bag. If not I am sure i can trade it on the marketplace.

I got to throw it a bit at the Disc Nation disc demo this last weekend. It was pretty close to the LASERi for me. Long understable disc, that flies straight in a tailwind, but when powered will hold flat on long turnover. I did really like the first run stamp on the opto as well.

For those still wanting to feel the Fury

It is the Primediscs deal of the day. Gold Line Fury 10.69 http://www.primediscs.com/Latitude-64-Fury-Gold-Line-Disc-Golf-Drivers.html

My 167 GL Fury acts like a fresh Opto River for me. Probably a little longer but I'll test it against a 164 Opto River for reliable turnover shots. I'm curious what it will beat into...hoping for a beat River that isn't absurdly flippy.

This is a nice disc for turnovers because it doesn't turn out of the box. It starts for me about mid-flight and fades out at the end. I think Rivers come out a little turnier, but that could just be me.

I haven't thrown my Opto 167 on the course but it was surprisingly more understable during field tests. Usually Opto goes the other way.

Turnier is my new favorite word to describe a disc turning!

I haven't got to throw mine much yet
But this now sounds like a new slightly longer opto vision?

Latest posts