• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Fury

So would you recommend me to use a Star Sidewinder? I have a few of those stashed away.

Just trying to make the adjustment easier when I do get one.

I was just commenting in regard to the comment you made about the 'Transition from your Valkyrie'

my buddy has this sooooo amazing 4x JK Valkyrie and he throws it on a lot of the same holes I use my Fury, and his Valkyrie will fade back quite a bit more. Even if they both might look the same in the beginning of the flight.

edit: re-reading your question, Yes, that's correct, unless the Valkyrie you have is special (4x,5x,etc) put it in a stash and bring out your Star SWs. That transition will be pretty much seamless.

I was just commenting in regard to the comment you made about the 'Transition from your Valkyrie'

my buddy has this sooooo amazing 4x JK Valkyrie and he throws it on a lot of the same holes I use my Fury, and his Valkyrie will fade back quite a bit more. Even if they both might look the same in the beginning of the flight.

edit: re-reading your question, Yes, that's correct, unless the Valkyrie you have is special (4x,5x,etc) put it in a stash and bring out your Star SWs. That transition will be pretty much seamless.

Now that I think about it that Valkyrie should be in my Collectors box. It's a very nice 5X JK Valkyrie.

I'll be throwing the Star Sidewinder now. :hfive:

It's gonna be a bit before I get a Fury,but which one should I get?

I have a Opto Saint and a Gold Line Saint that I will paring it with. My thoughts with wear is the Opto will remain stable,the Gold Line will turn into a slightly more stable Valkyrie. These two discs are both still fairly new.

Ok now knowing this would you guys suggest I get a Opto Fury or Gold Line Fury? I'm only going to get one, so don't say get both. :D

I was thinking that too.

I was thinking that the Gold Line Fury once broke in will fly like my Sidewinder,but with just a tick more glide.

I just like getting 2nd opinions. :thmbup:

I've got a couple heavy opto Furies and think they need a lot of hyzer to flip to flat and not turnover. On a full power less than 15' low line hyzer flip I almost always turn and burn them out around 300'. I had a nice 50' high anny to 370' that tracked 75' right with late fade on a hyzer flip to turnover line this weekend. I've attached a pic of the 590' hole #4 at Bud Hill. I started it at the left edge of the tree line straight down the fairway and it ended out of the line of sight behind the early tree line on the right to the right of the blue circled marked basket leaving me a Judge upshot through the tunnel just over 200'.

I'd be concerned that a max weight GL would be very flippy if thrown over 350' but with 400' max D with a warp speeder power, a max GL Fury would make a good roller unless you have some hyzer, a lot of height, and width to work with.

Attachments

• Bud Hill hole 4.jpg
    Bud Hill hole 4.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 26
Received a stock stamp blue Opto Fury today, and for the first time (in my Latitude experience) it has a white stamp. Definitely stands out, but not quite as sharp looking as the metallic stamps I have on others.

This post brought to you by boredom.

I played one round with my new opto Fury and that was the end of that. The disc just turns and burns for me. Will not come out of an anhyzer. I have better luck shaping a line with my Saint, which will hold an anhyzer line for a bit before straightening then fading out.

Keep at it with the fury. It's tricky to learn but once you do it's magic! I pair mine with saints and they are great together. Power down some smooth is far with the fury. It took me a couple weeks to dial mine in. Didn't want to give up omit and I'm glad I didn't.

The fury is one of my favorite discs and the one I grab if I want long and and straight. I put about a 5-10 degree hyzer on it and let it fly.

MrGlass is dead right. Don't try to kill it. IMHO on my latitude stuff they do better with rhythm and finesse rather than raw power.

If I throw it flat it's my best anhyzer bomb. I've had more than a few wows when it turns rights and glides farther after the turn.

sorry i havent read through the entire thread but im very curious about this disc.. been throwing my Rivers again but just not flippy enough yet but hope to get them there.. so is the Fury like a understable river? I throw and LOVE Sidewinders but if i can get a SW type flight with more glide from the Fury i may be sold.. I dont have much power more of a finese player.. if thrown flat will it have any turn?

I found that it has a later turn, not an imediate turnover. Flies wonderful for a finese thrower. I was not in love with the river, it has to have much cleaner form to be thrown consistantly omgish; the Fury is much more forgiving and it sounds cooler.

sorry i havent read through the entire thread but im very curious about this disc.. been throwing my Rivers again but just not flippy enough yet but hope to get them there.. so is the Fury like a understable river? I throw and LOVE Sidewinders but if i can get a SW type flight with more glide from the Fury i may be sold.. I dont have much power more of a finese player.. if thrown flat will it have any turn?

I've seen it compared more to the Saint than the River. River is speed 7, Saint and Fury are both 9. Fury and River both have -2 turn, whereas Saint is -1.

More understable Saint. Faster River.

Underworld is the "flippy River"

I would have to agree with EL-KABONG: if you're looking for a more US River, the Underworld is what you seek: about the same speed as the River (maybe a mild tick slower), same monster glide, but more turn. I've only thrown a Fury a few times, but it struck me as being definitely faster than the River - a solid speed 9. Didn't have a significant amount of turn for me on my trial throws (though it was an Opto).

For what it's worth, I had the same sense of the River that you do: loved its speed, glide, and distance potential, but wanted more turn. The Underworld was exactly what I sought. Awesome anny and turnover potential. The Rivers recently made their way back into my bag in the form of heavy Optos, providing a nice stable compliment to my Stags and Underworlds.

Can anyone compare the gold line fury to opto? Love my optos wondering if the gold line will offer something different.

Can anyone compare the gold line fury to opto? Love my optos wondering if the gold line will offer something different.

I don't think so
I have both in the bag. I think my FR Opto might be slightly more understable but I could be imagining that
My Opto is quite gummy and grippy.
I think I reach for my GL more often simply because it is a bright pearly pink vs the orange that is my opto

I don't think so
I have both in the bag. I think my FR Opto might be slightly more understable but I could be imagining that
My Opto is quite gummy and grippy.
I think I reach for my GL more often simply because it is a bright pearly pink vs the orange that is my opto
thanks.

I found that it has a later turn, not an imediate turnover. Flies wonderful for a finese thrower. I was not in love with the river, it has to have much cleaner form to be thrown consistantly omgish; the Fury is much more forgiving and it sounds cooler.

Nailed it, on every point made.
Plus, I also just like to say - FURY :D

Latest posts