• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

The Saint won't replace my 175 Champ Glow Teebird. BUT... it will compliment it nicely. I have a 172 Opto Saint. After 2 days this is my brief summary: Farther, more glide, less fade. I like this disc so far. I threw my wife's 165 Opto and liked that too.

For those of you that have thrown the Saint in both opto and gl, which do you prefer. I hear that the domes vary from time to time on the plastics. Looking forward to getting this disc.

I have a 174 GL and a 171 Opto, so weight should not play a huge difference in what I have seen, but take this with a grain of salt.

The GL has the tiniest bit less HSS, making it actually capable of flipping up flat which I really have not seen out of my Opto, allowing me to throw the GL with the mildest of hyzers while I need the Opto flat. However, both seem to have the same LSS.

Right now, when the weather is warm and dry, I am getting the slightest bit better performance out of the Gold Line, like 5-10 feet at the most. Yet from past experience I know that once the weather gets colder and or it becomes wetter, the Opto has far superior grip. In VIP versus Tournament plastic (which is essentially GL and Opto), this difference is night and day. This is even more complexing because in other plastics, Star versus Champion, ESP versus Z, the opposite is true. I have far better grip with Star and ESP in adverse conditions and almost no grip with Champion and Z.

At the end of the day I am picking Opto and VIP over Gold Line and Tournament. The added grip and that pinch of extra HSS outweighs that extra sneeze of distance.

Yet the stunning appearance of Latitude's colors are hard to deny. I absolutely love their deep blue Gold Line. The yellows and oranges are definitely bright and eye-catching, and if they can find a way to keep the color-shifts from becoming flat and glideless, they are an awesome color too. Yet, I am really into their day-glow Opto yellow, a color I can only find elsewhere in Discraft's Cryztal. Throw in a little Sparkle and you have a premium looking disc.

First throws with my 167 opto tonight...this is really a nice disc. Unfortunately mine isn't as overstable as I hoped, but I think it will make the bag. It's definitely not a Teebird. Tested it on a flat field, mostly flat throws on low lines, and with a rare 5mph wind. Mine flies more like a new powered up TL at 320' except longer and faster....call it 8, 6, -.5, 2. At 370ish feet, it starts acting more like a Valk but with better ability to pull out of turns and not quite as much understability. Maybe 8, 6, -1.5, 1.5. I'm saying speed 8 here just because of the measured wing width, but it really zips down the lane pretty quickly like a faster driver. Seems to hold a hyzer line nicely. Hard to compare it to other discs really. Viking might be the closest flight pattern. Definitely less stable than an OLF. The only Striker I have right now is a flat gl which is fairly stable but not one of the beefcakes...Saint was flying similar to that but it definitely had more zip and glide, and felt much better in the hand - definitely two different discs and if a choice must be made there, the Striker loses. I'll play with it more this weekend where I have a better chance to warm up and more time to throw it on various lines...should have plenty of wind, too, and the same lovely 100° heat. woohoo!

I love this disc. I picked up a 172 opto today and so far I've been pleasantly surprised. When i power down a little it seems to fly a lot like a teebird, but as i start to crank it a little it starts to turn a little and fly like a very glidey viking. I've never really had an obsession for the swedish stuff (the curved rims have bothered me a lot), but this might make a fanboy out of me. The rim is very comfortably slanted, not too much, but enough, and it is so versatile. I'll be buying another soon, now to just get rid of a bunch of other discs to make room.

Threw my 175+ gl and opto yesterday. Very tbird-esque. Threw them both on 40 degree hyzers and they both held their lines and a consistent 360ft every time. Then I started throwing them on less hyzers (10-20 degrees) and they would just bomb. Just dead straight with predictable fade and they were out 400-420. The opto was a bit more stable than the gl but had the same fade at the end. I was throwing into a 10mph headwind on some throws and I can see the gl wanting to turn but it held.
I would say this is a great disc for people with real smooth form and throw the majority of their drives on hyzers.

Threw my 166 Opto and my 168 GL today. I would say that for people in my ability range or close to it this disc is a glidey Teebird. I threw like crap today, but on the few good throws I made with the Saint it flew very straight and had decent fade up to about 325'. I even OATed one into a moderate headwind, and it fought back nicely. If you are not a huge arm this disc should be a decent all around driver. It handled winds fine today. Nothing brutal, but enough that my River turned and went astray when I tried that immediately afterwards. I could see people that can throw Rivers over 350' or people that are using Strikers really liking this disc. Over 350' or so I'll leave the opinion to more skilled throwers, but if you are a semi-noodle arm this could be your main driver.

^ I tried out my 175g GL yesterday, and I was throwing like crap too. Oat into a big headwind. I figured it was going to turn forever, but it "fought back" very well. Great disc. Can't wait to throw it more.

Anybody wanna trade a opaque pink opto for one of my 168g raspberry GL's? Pm me.

Okay, I brought the Saint out for two rounds today and thew it. I mostly just threw with flat releases or a little hyzer- and some big hyzer bomb type of shots.

From these experiences (no field testing yet) it felt a touch more HSS than my Eagles. I would place it has a happy medium between Teebirds and Eagles, to be honest. It also benefits from a very manageable, forward penetrating fade with a ton of glide. Generally I was able to put it out as far, or a little farther than the Eagles on similar lines, it just ended up fading left a little more since it doesn't turn as much as my eagles.

Overall, I really do like this disc. I feel like I could use this or my eagles without really missing much since I have the Rivers to cover understability. Will I switch away from Eagles? Probably not. But that wont stop me from buying more Saints. Seriously, on any given round I could pull out the Eagles and put in the Saints without missing a beat. The discs even feel about the same in my hands.

[edit]: I have an opto saint, for those who didn't see the picture on a previous page.

Last edited:
Hey people with Optos, do all these things have spirals in them? If so I may need to get a few more. :thmbup:

Lots of them do...seems like an awful lot of the recent opto/vip has it. Mine is a dark blue sparkle - harder to see the spirals but they're there.

i've got a white 168 s pd that's getting worn in that has a little bit of high speed turn. my 168/169 opto and gl saints don't have any turn and fade less than my pd. i was actually getting more d with the saints due to the increased glide and lesser fade.

i've got 2 yellowish green 174 optos that i'd be willing to trade for either raspberry gold lines or the blood red bronzy colored optos in the uppers 160s to low 170s. one of the optos is new and the other just has a few throws on it.

i've got a white 168 s pd that's getting worn in that has a little bit of high speed turn. my 168/169 opto and gl saints don't have any turn and fade less than my pd. i was actually getting more d with the saints due to the increased glide and lesser fade.

i've got 2 yellowish green 174 optos that i'd be willing to trade for either raspberry gold lines or the blood red bronzy colored optos in the uppers 160s to low 170s. one of the optos is new and the other just has a few throws on it.

Thanks for the info. These are sounding pretty interesting. Are they the same speed as the PD?

Nope.
But they all fly like they do.
:D Unfortunately I haven't been able to get out and throw it yet.
icon_cry.gif

Lots of them do...seems like an awful lot of the recent opto/vip has it. Mine is a dark blue sparkle - harder to see the spirals but they're there.
This is the first piece of new Lat plastic I've gotten. Sounds like a sweet looking disc. :thmbup:
Any idea how they do the spirals?

Any idea how they do the spirals?

The old "snowflake" pattern that appeared on early Strikers was because of some machine used to crab the disc (probably to remove it from the mold after the plastic takes form??). I think it was some sort of vacuum suction.

I imagine this is the same sort of deal, here.