• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

Thinking of trying one of these out. Any big difference between opto and GL in stability?

well, i got a 173 GL and a 165 Opto. The Opto is more stable right now, but the GL got a little puddletopped during shipping in the heat wave last week. Prime Discs didn't put anything between the discs and they suctioned together in the tight envelope. :\

So i turned it upside down and left it in the sun-light for a day and it flattened out. Flies more understable than the Opto.

well, i got a 173 GL and a 165 Opto. The Opto is more stable right now, but the GL got a little puddletopped during shipping in the heat wave last week. Prime Discs didn't put anything between the discs and they suctioned together in the tight envelope. :\

So i turned it upside down and left it in the sun-light for a day and it flattened out. Flies more understable than the Opto.

I hope they ship 3 discs better than they ship 2... My saints come marching in today

I hope they ship 3 discs better than they ship 2... My saints come marching in today

actually I got three (one was for prerube). But they slipped the receipt in between his and my opto, so no damage done to his. :\

(and no i didn't throw HIS brand new saint first. That's bad karma)

Really gave them a workout today on a course where long accuracy is a most. The Saints are long but really showed off that on long lines they have absolutely zero LSS. My TeeBirds were easily out performing them. Yesterday on a tighter course were accuracy is more important than distance, the competition was about even, but today the TeeBirds easily trumped. After more and more throws I am seeing the Saint as more of a TL than anything else.

Really gave them a workout today on a course where long accuracy is a most. The Saints are long but really showed off that on long lines they have absolutely zero LSS. My TeeBirds were easily out performing them. Yesterday on a tighter course were accuracy is more important than distance, the competition was about even, but today the TeeBirds easily trumped. After more and more throws I am seeing the Saint as more of a TL than anything else.

that doesn't sound bad, i can dig a long controllable disc with little LSS. if i need some fade i can always throw a pd.

The all-day warmup trick to get a disc back to shape is right-side up. Upside down and you're forcing flatness onto the disc. Always right-side up. Can't tell you how many thousands of unsellable discs were un-warped and restored to perfect condition that way at Millennium.

Just got the last 164g pink opto saint from discgolfcenter. Hoping it's opaque..

The all-day warmup trick to get a disc back to shape is right-side up. Upside down and you're forcing flatness onto the disc. Always right-side up. Can't tell you how many thousands of unsellable discs were un-warped and restored to perfect condition that way at Millennium.

Okay thanks. I don't mind the flat middle. It still has the domey shoulder so all is well

The Saint is perfect for my distance and compliments my GL River perfectly. My best throws have seen the disc travel ~340 ft. straight with small fade at the end. :clap:

Attachments

• Saint.jpg
    Saint.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 46
Aced with my opto metal flake saint today on hole 15 at como lake park (320ft) but then my tbird answered back and aced hole 18 (320ft) so now Im exstatic that I hit 2 aces in one round and now hold the course record but dont really want to take either disc out of my bag.

^^^
Nice! I really like my 173 Opto Saint. I'm gonna buy one more lighter one. Should I try a 167 Opto or 167 Goldline? I'm thinking Opto.. But maybe Goldline to be even more of a contrast to what I already have..?

Are we going to see a Lat 64/Skulboy Designs Saint?
The answer to that later this week.

^^^
Nice! I really like my 173 Opto Saint. I'm gonna buy one more lighter one. Should I try a 167 Opto or 167 Goldline? I'm thinking Opto.. But maybe Goldline to be even more of a contrast to what I already have..?
Going through the same thought process myself. I have always liked opto better in drivers. I have a 164 opto was gonna grab a 175 opto. I feel that this disc will need the extra stability, don't want it to change too quickly, i feel that this is going to be my workhorse. But the gold lines i have seen are sweet. The light blue is just nasty.

Going through the same thought process myself. I have always liked opto better in drivers. I have a 164 opto was gonna grab a 175 opto. I feel that this disc will need the stability, don't want it to change too quickly, i feel that this is going to be my workhorse.

I have a 164 Opto, but I love the look and feel of GL. How much higher can I go in weight on the GL and still get the similar flight and glide of my Opto?

I have a 164 Opto, but I love the look and feel of GL. How much higher can I go in weight on the GL and still get the similar flight and glide of my Opto?
I am not sure but I get similar flights our of my 150 champ leopard and my 165 champ leopard. Just more effort on the heavier one. I would pay attention to dome and plh between the two. I would think if they are the same the flights would match. But the gold line will break in sooner.

I wonder how the saint will break in. Will it loose HSS or LSS first?

Going through the same thought process myself. I have always liked opto better in drivers. I have a 164 opto was gonna grab a 175 opto. I feel that this disc will need the extra stability, don't want it to change too quickly, i feel that this is going to be my workhorse. But the gold lines i have seen are sweet. The light blue is just nasty.

I have 2 174 optos I'd be willing to get rid of...

After this morning's competition between the TeeBird and Saint, and the TeeBird winning out, I still pulled out the Saint for a few shots tonight at a different course. On one particular long drive I shaved a couple of trees because it stood up earlier than I expected and I released a millisecond later than I wanted, but to date this year it was the longest throw I have had on that hole. The hole is 438 feet but the only open line is to the right of the tee. You do have a little sky to work with on the right, but absolutely nothing on the left. This is a forehand or left-handed player's nightmare. Normally I swing it out at 1 o'clock off the tee box and put enough hyzer on it so it fades back in at the 370 mark. This leaves me with a very open 70 foot upshot.

Tonight I got a hold of a really good rip from my Gold Line Saint. As I mentioned it stood up flat quicker than anticipated and since I swung it out too far right, I thought I was going to nail several trees that protect the far side of the fairway. Not because it was a Saint, but it skimmed but did not hit a single tree. In the end it came out to 415 feet. If I had been on target instead of being right, it would have been a putt instead of a short approach type of long putt.

Hurray for bag confusion. The TeeBirds are still dominated in my bag, but it is clear that the Saints are close enough, or at least workably close enough, where my game would not suffer in the least if I were to use them instead. The Saint's strengths of super glide and less LSS offsets the TeeBird's strengths or pure straightness with a resistance to doing anything stupid. I am not sure they can co-exist in the bag at the same time because the overlap could cause me to second guess my shot selection. However, if I need a massive right turn by swinging it out wide left first and then have it sky across the field, and all without it fading out on me prematurely, then the Saint definitely has the TeeBird beat. The pop-up of the Gold Line from the slighest of hyzers will be a huge asset too.

Latest posts