• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

My brother and I have a few gold lines coming in this week, a 166 and a 168. Were hoping theyll turn slightly more and complement the lazer-like opto saint

I like my Pinky so much I am itching to get back to GGGT just to browse. Probably walk away with a sparkle and GL...

mine came today

pretty standard magenta GL marked 168
and a nice sparkle raspberry Opto also marked 168

the soonest I'll be able to throw them is Friday

I'm hoping they will be mini Swords (at least the Opto) up to about 375

You may just get your wish. :thmbup:

I want to get my hands on one of these Saints really bad, but they are hard to find. My local shop doesn't have them yet and I'm surpised there is a small selection on Ebay. I like to see the exact disc I'm getting, cause I want an Opto (slightly more stable), yet I have been burned a couple times getting really clear Optos; I like my Optos slightly opaque so i don't lose them. I wonder why there is such a small selection on Ebay, and they are almost all GL's. I guess I should just suck it up and call one of the shops and have them pick one out for me. Anyone recommend a shop to call to pick out my perfect Saint?

To start with, I've been afraid of this disc since mid-spring when the rumors started flying about its release. I was scared because I am a die-hard Stalker fan and was worried what would happen to my precious Stalker if this disc turned out to be what it claimed to be. I have read the entire thread, and my nightmare is coming true (It's really not a nightmare, just adding dramatic effect).

So, can anyone who has used the stalker and thrown this thing draw a comparison? I know its longer and faster. I know the Stalker is a tweener disc. Just curious how the lines compare when thrown flat and full swing. I typically throw 174g stalkers, would a lighter Saint share a similar flight pattern? (with the exception of distance)

To start with, I've been afraid of this disc since mid-spring when the rumors started flying about its release. I was scared because I am a die-hard Stalker fan and was worried what would happen to my precious Stalker if this disc turned out to be what it claimed to be. I have read the entire thread, and my nightmare is coming true (It's really not a nightmare, just adding dramatic effect).

So, can anyone who has used the stalker and thrown this thing draw a comparison? I know its longer and faster. I know the Stalker is a tweener disc. Just curious how the lines compare when thrown flat and full swing. I typically throw 174g stalkers, would a lighter Saint share a similar flight pattern? (with the exception of distance)

Probably. I throw a 174g Opto Saint, but I can definitely see a ~167g GL Saint perhaps better mimicking the flight characteristics of a longer stalker.

Well, I went thinking I would pick up a sparkle and a GL.

But I left with just another pair of bubblegum pinkies.

They had some really neat looking red/orange shifty Optos with an orange foil stamp that reminded me of fire and embers... BUT -
1.) On all of these beauties plastic appeared to be "fogged" / roughed up around the stamp and this foggy look could not be wiped off and REALLY took away from the beauty / shine of the plastic..
2.) I knew it would have to be a wall hanger otherwise this color simply would not survive on any courses with shadows / woods. And in the fall? no chance.

I still may grab one another time, but for now I talked myself out of it.

[edit]: Also, Every saint I have encountered has the swirls in the plastic. Even the opaques. It's not readily visible, but when held up to a light source, the swirls are definitely present. I think this is the case with any Latitude mold that the swirls have been noticed on.

Last edited:
I want to get my hands on one of these Saints really bad, but they are hard to find. My local shop doesn't have them yet and I'm surpised there is a small selection on Ebay. I like to see the exact disc I'm getting, cause I want an Opto (slightly more stable), yet I have been burned a couple times getting really clear Optos; I like my Optos slightly opaque so i don't lose them. I wonder why there is such a small selection on Ebay, and they are almost all GL's. I guess I should just suck it up and call one of the shops and have them pick one out for me. Anyone recommend a shop to call to pick out my perfect Saint?

Call GGGT tomorrow. I work 11am to 7pm. We have plenty left and I am sure we can find something that you would be happy with.

Personally I throw a milky-clear and a deep blue Gold Line. I have had no problems finding the milky-clear one.

Call GGGT tomorrow. I work 11am to 7pm. We have plenty left and I am sure we can find something that you would be happy with.

Personally I throw a milky-clear and a deep blue Gold Line. I have had no problems finding the milky-clear one.

I was just at GGGT!

I can tell you/him off the top of my head that there were the following colors in Opto (on the shelf anyway):

Opaque Orange, Orange sparkle, Transparent yellow/greenish yellow, lots of 166 gram bubblegum pink optos, about 2 deep sparkle blues, and those orange/red fire shifty optos I mentioned on the last page.

Gold lines:

Pink, Yellow, and a peachy/orangey color.

Took my new Opto Saint out for the first time yesterday and it instantly made the bag after 2 consecutive metal hits (GET IN THE HOLE!!) at my local course.

I feel like the Saint is one of Lat64's most well-rounded throwers and will ultimately garner the same sort of following that the River has. It absolutely bombs with a little oomph behind it, with a beautiful glide and nice penetrating forward fade at the end of its flight, but powers down nicely and still tracks fairly well if you don't throw it full speed. It is also surprisingly controllable out the box (as Hagstrom's video illustrates) and while it can be put on different angles, it's ultimately a little more forgiving with nose up/down angles overall. I have a feeling it's going to become a true workhorse driver as I start to spend more time with it.

As far as the Sword comparisons, it's close but I would say that the Saint is a little less HSS and a little less LSS compared to my VIP (Opto) Swords. I also find the Sword to be more controllable, as I know when it's going to start to slow down and begin to fade out, compared to the long flighty glide of the Saint. This is undoubtedly because I have a lot more time with the Sword over the Saint, but can see why people are saying that the Saint has too much glide.

Overall, I'm very excited about this disc and it's potential. And while I too sometimes go back and forth about the amount of glide contained in Lat64 discs and the effect they have on ability to range distance, I can see getting comfortable with the Saint VERY quickly.

Took my new Opto Saint out for the first time yesterday and it instantly made the bag after 2 consecutive metal hits (GET IN THE HOLE!!) at my local course.

I feel like the Saint is one of Lat64's most well-rounded throwers and will ultimately garner the same sort of following that the River has. It absolutely bombs with a little oomph behind it, with a beautiful glide and nice penetrating forward fade at the end of its flight, but powers down nicely and still tracks fairly well if you don't throw it full speed. It is also surprisingly controllable out the box (as Hagstrom's video illustrates) and while it can be put on different angles, it's ultimately a little more forgiving with nose up/down angles overall. I have a feeling it's going to become a true workhorse driver as I start to spend more time with it.

As far as the Sword comparisons, it's close but I would say that the Saint is a little less HSS and a little less LSS compared to my VIP (Opto) Swords. I also find the Sword to be more controllable, as I know when it's going to start to slow down and begin to fade out, compared to the long flighty glide of the Saint. This is undoubtedly because I have a lot more time with the Sword over the Saint, but can see why people are saying that the Saint has too much glide.

Overall, I'm very excited about this disc and it's potential. And while I too sometimes go back and forth about the amount of glide contained in Lat64 discs and the effect they have on ability to range distance, I can see getting comfortable with the Saint VERY quickly.

Glad to hear you picked one up. I am thinking about kicking all of my other drivers out of the bag for a few rounds to really get to know my Saint. When I throw it, I can usually hit my line, but the added distance from my PD has been clouding my disc selection.

As for the glide, I think it is really beneficial for lower-powered players like myself, so I will battle the initial range issues.

I just took out all my drivers except a gl and an opto saint and hit the course for 36 holes.. My home course is pretty righty friendly and has no anny lines needed. I did not miss my leopards today, but they will be in the bag to compliment the saints. At my power i have never thrown a disc that i trust like the saint. I can lay into it and it will turn slightly but always fades back to nearly straight. The glide is helping me get into the 350/370 range. The gold line only got a couple throws today, but i can agree its a little less stable, but still reliable. These saints are bagged. leo/saint combo is working for me!!! thanks lat 64!

7598888276_5806f5a6a8.jpg

Got my two in the mail today ... orange opto and a pearly pink gl. Thanks to my certificate from gggt for a contest on facebook. Can't wait to take them out for a test run!

I have a ton of rounds on my Opto, and it is just part of what I throw now. I love that it is so versatile and that it can take being pounded. I am going out to buy backups and a GL to compliment the Optos.