• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude Overmolds

I would buy an overmold Pure just so I could throw it against a Proxy.

Long time Pure thrower, that decided to go on a journey of self-awareness to try out different putters again. I landed on the Warden, but then I just got a Proxy Plasma and it is a beautiful thing that flies like a bullet. So ya, I would love to try it against an overmold Pure...

the Pure is not broken.. why overmold it?

unless there is a specific purpose or flight pattern they are trying to get where they think gyro will work better, i dont see the reason to adopt a more expensive production process.

Why is the assumption that they're overmolding existing discs/molds? Whatever they come up with, it surely won't be an overmolded Pure or Mercy or Dagger or any other disc in their lineup.

Latitude is getting into the overmold game for the same reason Innova did and for the same reason MVP is branching into non-overmolded discs...to broaden their market reach. MVP has shown that there is a market for overmolded discs, so why shouldn't every manufacturer get in on it if they want to?

I'll have to trust your word more than mine, as you're the resident MVP expert. To be fair, I was testing these relatively early into my playing and am always trying to navigate how to play in the winds we have out here (gusts of 30-40 often times), so you may be very well right.

All good. In winds like that no disc besides the lawn dart type will do well without any decent technique so makes sense. I just get so tired of the MVP discs dont XYZ when really they are just discs like any others but seem to have a little more HSS when juiced up.

I cant even throw the damn 23mm nitro without a huge left finish and skip action. Cant imagine any normal DG player needing more disc (which mvp makes) when i can crush 425-50' in real life...

All good. In winds like that no disc besides the lawn dart type will do well without any decent technique so makes sense. I just get so tired of the MVP discs dont XYZ when really they are just discs like any others but seem to have a little more HSS when juiced up.

I cant even throw the damn 23mm nitro without a huge left finish and skip action. Cant imagine any normal DG player needing more disc (which mvp makes) when i can crush 425-50' in real life...

Yeah, very true. Got me thinking I might have to revisit some MVP molds.

Latitude makes nice discs ill be curious to see what these are all about. Price will be a big factor. Their retail stuff is some of highest with opto/gl already and overmolding is not easier/cheaper.

Hate to see the price on Prodigy overmolds then. I can't say if Prodigy makes good discs or not (I am sure they do, I just don't care to own any), only thrown maybe 3 throws with them all together. But I can say they are the most overpriced production discs in any of the stores around me or people selling them at the courses. And I live 10 minutes from Prodigy's home base.

Back to overmolds, just like everything else, the good/popular discs (new or old) will stick around and the not so good/unpopular will go away after a few years. I know that some great molds have come out of this "new overmold crap", so I will reserve judgement.

...um its an actual golf ball...

th

woosh

Hate to see the price on Prodigy overmolds then. I can't say if Prodigy makes good discs or not (I am sure they do, I just don't care to own any), only thrown maybe 3 throws with them all together. But I can say they are the most overpriced production discs in any of the stores around me or people selling them at the courses. And I live 10 minutes from Prodigy's home base.

Back to overmolds, just like everything else, the good/popular discs (new or old) will stick around and the not so good/unpopular will go away after a few years. I know that some great molds have come out of this "new overmold crap", so I will reserve judgement.

Yeah makes sense. I only brought up $ as MVPs claim with streamline discs is superior molded single shot discs @ lower price. Latitude could have something here if they went non-GYRO and worked with grippy outsides or even harder ones with grippy flight plates etc. Innovas are just garbage looking while these seem legit.

Why is the assumption that they're overmolding existing discs/molds? Whatever they come up with, it surely won't be an overmolded Pure or Mercy or Dagger or any other disc in their lineup.

Latitude is getting into the overmold game for the same reason Innova did and for the same reason MVP is branching into non-overmolded discs...to broaden their market reach. MVP has shown that there is a market for overmolded discs, so why shouldn't every manufacturer get in on it if they want to?

Ya, that's pretty much what I was asking.. I have no reason to believe they would produce an overmolded Pure, just responding to the speculation.

I'm never sure how big MVP/Axiom's market is. I dont see it in the seattle. People are very Innova/Trilogy focused here. I can think of only two shops that carry any at all.

...I'm never sure how big MVP/Axiom's market is. I dont see it in the seattle. People are very Innova/Trilogy focused here. I can think of only two shops that carry any at all.

Howdy neighbor!

Mando's in Auburn stocks a good variety of molds, colors, plastics, and weights. I'm pretty particular about each and like to hold a disc, especially one that is new to me, before purchasing.

I can see the appeal of producing over-molded discs for the Euro market. Does MVP have much of a presence in Europe?

Just came to say bravo for being more civil here than the folks on Facebook for like the first time ever.

I can see the appeal of producing over-molded discs for the Euro market. Does MVP have much of a presence in Europe?

Unless I am mistaken, most of the few sponsored MVP players were European until just recently. Not sure of market share.

From what I know they actually do. Ive come across a few wesbites that are not english when searching LE stuff as well as some YT videos even. Im sure someone like Zam can let in on any sales info but there are some EURO posters in the MVP threads from what i remember maybe they can chime in as well.

They did (maybe still do?) sponsor the Sandström's.

Last edited:
Unless I am mistaken, most of the few sponsored MVP players were European until just recently. Not sure of market share.

Yeah from looking at the team page they have a few it seems. Sandström's seem to be out.

This move from latitude really just makes MVP seem that much more legit. If anything it might make some people more curious about both brands.

Well there is only one thing left to do...

...EnvyOS:popcorn::D

And that goes for these Lat OMs also. Never did like the feel of the harp, so if they can make an Envy feeling disc that is beefy goodness before MVP does, then that might be the first Swedish disc to be in my bag.

Howdy neighbor!

Mando's in Auburn stocks a good variety of molds, colors, plastics, and weights. I'm pretty particular about each and like to hold a disc, especially one that is new to me, before purchasing.

OK that makes 3 places. :) Two pro-shops (Mandos is nominally White River pro shop) and Chainbangerz (Lakewood pro shop), and there's a PIAS.. I think the one in woodenville.

I guess its doing better than Prodiscus around here. Almost as well as Discraft.

I've known a few people who tried them out. I even had a friend who got half way to building an MVP bag before he bailed on it, but I still seldom see any on the courses. Honestly I see Novas and Atlases here more often than I see anything from MVP/Axiom.

Every single time i play i get questions about my MVP discs. Even an older couple was on a walking path of DGC mentioned never seeing those kind of "high tech" looking discs. The bros im sure would have been proud of that one being disc nerds.

Gateway just seems to recycle same old ideas/molds so really curious what lat. Can/will do.

Last edited:

Latest posts