• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

least favorite disc IN your bag?

my new orange 169g Z Force.

LOVED my old one that this one has replaced...it was oh so perfectly worn in..I could make it do anything I wanted. I hate throwing this super overstable one but I figure I have to give it some wear or until will never get to be how I want it.

130 weight Blizzard Boss, no contest. It floats so I carry it around. The only thing I hate more than this disc is throwing actual good discs in the water.

Great question.

My least favorite disc was a 175 Tourny Pro Cyclone or a 175ish Elite Pro MRX, and both have since been removed. The TP Cyclone was more overstable than I would like, almost like I wasn't getting it up to speed. The MRX flew like a Roc, straight to fade, but seemed like it had no glide and this was a shorter disc than my other mids.

As for right now, of discs I currently carry around, it's my 170 DX Rhyno. I love Rhynos, don't get my wrong, but the disc is relatively fresh and stupidly overstable. When it beats in, it'll be great.

170 champ monarch, or 171 champ firebird. Monarch is used for tomahawks and firebird is used for short thumbers/tomahawks, approach forehands, and approach shots that need to cut hard and possibly skip.

Ti Force. Because I chipped the edge on a piece of Ray's Landscaping equipment at Blue Ribbon Pines, on a 35 MPH windy day (gusting to 45)

Almost went with that for my pick. :\

I try to have backups of molds that I like since I have 2 bags, keeping one of each in each bag (minus about 4-5 in the small bag). I picked up 2 champ leopards around the same weight. One lightly broken in orange one is a nice understable fairway driver which flies as designed. The other is a tie-dye somewhat overstable one that I can never seem to release correctly. I'm either way right or release early and it hyzers way left. But I keep trying to convince myself it's the same damned disc.

You should try switching them... Just to see if it's a mental issue.

Wahoo. Only there for short over-water shots. Have a blizz Destroyer for longer shots over water.

Pro Wraith that was given to me in place of a disc I found for a guy. Its ugly, and I have a star wraith in my bag as well. I just need another overstable and I will take it out.

depends on the day. Today i hated my rocs.....monday it was my aviars......haha, overall i like and trust all the discs in the bag for what they do equally....the ones i don't like are in my tubs in my closet.

Firebird. I only use it when it is super windy, and then I'm not having the best time, if you know what I mean.

Disc I like least in bag though is a Champ Glow Gazelle. I put a dye on it, but I let the orange sit too long and turned kinda brown. It throws well, but it's hard to find, so it has now become my roller disc.

So I lost this disc, yeah:clap:, so I got a new esp cyclone to replace it. Unfortunately, I tried a shaving cream dye and now it's ugly:doh: it does fly really nice so I'm not complaining too much.

Mine would have to be my ESP FLX Predator. It is so insanely overstable that I only use it situationally for thumbers... So it defintely has a slot, but it's not used very much and I don't enjoy it as much as I do the rest of what I throw.

My least favorite now are my Teebirds, I played with an 11x fly dye factory second for a few years my buddy who retails picked up from Innova's factory in Rock Hill back before they had the factory store and now these 12x's are so less stable and the champ plastic one is way too domey. Seriously these things are less stable out of the box than the one I spent 2-3 years playing with and even through thumbers with. I used to wonder about all the Innova hate you see from some of the more experienced members in my area, but I can start to see some of where the complaints about molds and inconsistency come from (the last two tournaments they ran trophies for in this area, one had the color ultra faded and dulled, and the last one didn't have any clear coat so they paid for Inncolor Star and got something like a KC Pro that the color rubbed off almost instantly so now Gateway is doing our discs, for much cheaper too, they even mix in Superglows for a couple of extra bucks). I have to say though those new flat Firebirds look like a good run and the Totem's are closer to the 11x from what I've read.

Not serious: The putter I just used that clanked off the basket from 15 feet out

Serious: Champion Glow Gator. I only have it in the bag for windy days and short dogleg left shots 150-200 feet or when theres some serious OB or gnarly jungle on my right. Most overstable disc I've ever thrown..

Latest posts