• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ledgestone 2017

Why is Anthon and Val, not the top story on PDGA yet?

We've got articles on National Disc Golf Day, a guy resigning from a position, election results, Pro Master Worlds, and EO 2017 recap.

ummm... :doh:

J Poole is the Innova Team manager and this is being posted to the Team Innova Facebook group regarding the finishing placements of people on Team Innova.

I said that a few posts up. Maybe you should give more scrutiny to people who don't look where they're driving their RVs instead of people who don't look at posts close enough. :|

We've got articles on National Disc Golf Day, a guy resigning from a position, election results, Pro Master Worlds, and EO 2017 recap.

Typically PDGA site only puts stories up about their NTs and Majors. This one was just an A-Tier.

It's just a big money A tier. I doubt being a DGPT event earns it much priority around the PDGA offices either.

Congrats to the winners and great work by the staff.

Quick question, I have seen a lot of players reacting to other players bashing the event. Can anyone shed some light? It looked to be a very well ran and organized affair. Please, no jokes

I said that a few posts up. Maybe you should give more scrutiny to people who don't look where they're driving their RVs instead of people who don't look at posts close enough. :|

it wasn't there when i loaded the page and took the time to actually read everything instead of incompetently skimming everything, einstein.

As the writer of that article, I assure you there was no intention of making light of the reasons Josh was imprisoned. In hindsight the word choice could have been better, but I was looking for a simple way to distill the fact that he simply outplayed everyone by executing his shots. Apologies if that came off as crass, but please know it was not intended.

When Josh finished out the final hole, I was impressed to see the warm congratulations he received from all three of his card mates. He accepted their congratulations and conducted his victory interview with Terry with humility. It appeared that Josh played and won Ledgestone with class. Good for him.

Most top pros prefer as few courses as possible due to travel demands and preparation.

Yeah I get that. There was some discussion earlier about the pro's voting on only having one course for the big tourneys 3 years ago. I wasn't sure if this was specific PDGT or if it was just a survey thing they did earlier in the year.

Most top pros prefer as few courses as possible due to travel demands and preparation.

Example:
Tournament Ends Sunday and you have a 12 hour drive to the next tour stop. This means arrival is at best mid afternoon Monday.

If you tee off Thursday and have four courses, this gives you just two and a half days to prepare for an event.

A one or two course model for top events will become the norm.

That's half a day on 2 courses for 2 days, and another half on the one giving you the most trouble. Seems like the professionals should know their discs really well, so it shouldn't take a whole lot of time to dial in most holes on most courses. Spend a little extra time on the difficult holes, throw a drive or 2 on the must-gets, and this seems completely doable.

Anyone know what Josh throws? I know, Innova, but molds?

If I recall correctly; Excals, Wraiths, Roadrunners, Firebirds, Eagles, Leopards, Rocs, KC Aviars, but I think he putts with Classics.

Could very well have changed by now.

Edit: didn't CCDG do an ITB with him?

Duh. Why would you want a murderer on your roster?

Because honestly, I'd rather play with someone who has paid the price for their crime, than someone who hasn't.

The guys who started this country came from countries where the crime followed you till the day you died. They wanted to do something different. You paid, you were done. There are lots of countries that follow the old method of crime for life, they're pretty ugly places.

Here in Texas, a young man got drunk and ran over four people. He was let go. He was rich and spoiled and no one had ever told him it wasn't okay. That was literally his defense.

There was a woman who's husband cheated on her so she got in her Mercedes, and ran over him, three times. She did donuts on his body. Two years. She cried really well during the trial.

We are now in a place where if you're rich, you're innocent and if you're poor, you're guilty for life.

Josh paid for a drunken act of stupidity. I've seen too many guys get into fights or drive stupidly while drunk, and luck out, to not have a little bit of compassion.

His actions and demeanor show him to be a polite and controlled guy. Frankly, I enjoyed watching him play. I'm sorry you didn't.

Last edited:
Because honestly, I'd rather play with someone who has paid the price for their crime, than someone who hasn't.[/SPOILER]

Is he fighting for a spot with someone who killed and got away with it?

The guys who started this country came from countries where the crime followed you till the day you died. They wanted to do something different. You paid, you were done. There are lots of countries that follow the old method of crime for life, they're pretty ugly places.

Here in Texas, a young man got drunk and ran over four people. He was let go. He was rich and spoiled and no one had ever told him it wasn't okay. That was literally his defense.

There was a woman who's husband cheated on her so she got in her Mercedes, and ran over him, three times. She did donuts on his body. Two years. She cried really well during the trial.

We are now in a place where if you're rich, you're innocent and if you're poor, you're guilty for life.

Josh paid for a drunken act of stupidity. I've seen too many guys get into fights or drive stupidly while drunk, and luck out, to not have a little bit of compassion.

His actions and demeanor show him to be a polite and controlled guy. Frankly, I enjoyed watching him play. I'm sorry you didn't.

Anthon got off way light.

That's half a day on 2 courses for 2 days, and another half on the one giving you the most trouble. Seems like the professionals should know their discs really well, so it shouldn't take a whole lot of time to dial in most holes on most courses. Spend a little extra time on the difficult holes, throw a drive or 2 on the must-gets, and this seems completely doable.

I didn't say it wasn't doable, just not ideal.

As the writer of that article, I assure you there was no intention of making light of the reasons Josh was imprisoned. In hindsight the word choice could have been better, but I was looking for a simple way to distill the fact that he simply outplayed everyone by executing his shots. Apologies if that came off as crass, but please know it was not intended.

I see you changed the word form "Execution" to "Precision". Great to see someone take criticism so well.

First of all, yes Josh is back on Team Innova. I have known since the beginning of the weekend and was playing coy in my last post as it wasn't my news to share. But I think that the cat is out of the bag with JPoole's post. Terry has an interview with him from the weekend that he will probably release too.

We are going to try and have him on the podcast this Tuesday as well.

I did find it funny during the live broadcast all the chatters that were saying there was 0% chance that anyone would ever pick him up, especially Innova.

So... there is that. Good for him, and good for Innova.