• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Icon Cannon

I got three new icon cannons: Purple 163, Red 165 and White 165. The latest batch of purple icon cannons are so money and incredibly easy to get distance with. Thrown flat with the wind or with hyzer into the wind, this thing goes for days. The red is a bit more stable and the white is the most stable.

I remember reading somewhere that the Pinnacle Cannons were more overstable than the Icons but my experience has been completely different. I've got a green Icon and I just picked up two lighter blue Pinnacle Cannons. The green Icon has been flying way more stable than the -3 HSS would suggest and the Pinnacles are flying much closer to that rating.

Yesterday we had some wind from the tropical storm remnants that blew through and I was throwing them in to a headwind. The green Icon actually handled it pretty well, it would turn a bit but always come back out of it if I gave it some hyzer. The blue Pinnacles were a different story, no matter how much hyzer I gave them they'd almost immediately flip up and turn over.

So are the green Icons just really stable or are the blue Pinnacles just way more understable than normal or is what I was told previously that the Pinnacles are more overstable complete bull****? Or are all of these things just so inconsistent it all makes little sense?

With legacy it depends more on the plastic blend. Are your icons rubbery or are they more stiff?

The stiff Icon plastic I've thrown has been crazy beefy. I had a stiff icon (lime green-ish actually) patriot that would not turn for the life of me.

I've also found the light blue pinnacle cannons to beat in pretty quickly. I'm some Pinnacle Cannons right now and they are -3, 3 for sure. But I haven't tested them in headwinds.

I think the green Icons are just really stable.

Are your Icon Cannons stiff?

No not really it feels kinda gummy and it's flexible but it's not super flexible. Though I haven't really felt a lot of Legacy plastic to compare it to; it's just now hitting our stores. What other Icon Cannon colors are coming out more stable because I'd like more of those to pair with my light blue pinnacles. It's a nice tandem.

No not really it feels kinda gummy and it's flexible but it's not super flexible. Though I haven't really felt a lot of Legacy plastic to compare it to; it's just now hitting our stores. What other Icon Cannon colors are coming out more stable because I'd like more of those to pair with my light blue pinnacles. It's a nice tandem.

I'm not sure. I know the White Icons (167-169) are pretty understable out of the box.

I think the lime green is your best bet for overstability.

Hit 450 today with a 173 red icon cannon into a decent head wind. It flies a big s curve but never fights to the ground during the turn. It's a softer but still pearly icon cannon if that makes any difference at all.

Legacy is taking over my bag lately.

I don't know about the newer runs, but I have blue and Lime green first run Cannons. The Lime Greens are a completely different monster, way more overstable. I stopped throwing them because the lip is bigger than feels comfortable in my hand.

Anybody still throwing these? I've got a 8/10 white icon coming in the mail and would like to hear more reviews. Is the tern/destroyer/crank/tresspass that much better?

The legend cannons I have are more overstable than anything you can think of. A guy here who throws 600+ got it about 250 and it hit the ground vertical

The legend cannons I have are more overstable than anything you can think of. A guy here who throws 600+ got it about 250 and it hit the ground vertical

Wow! I was hoping I'd get a beat nuke ish flight outta them. So is it more like a beat Xcal in regular plastic?

Wow! I was hoping I'd get a beat nuke ish flight outta them. So is it more like a beat Xcal in regular plastic?

Those are freaks. Most cannons fly somewhat like a katana or beat nuke. As with any disc some are surprisingly more or less overstable. My personal favorites for bombing on medium-low heighth lines have been heavy Icon ones.

Cannons generally are like a shallower rimmed esp nuke. Starts off stable then beats in for huge distance hyzer flip lines...

I have one of those freaks. I can't throw the sucker at all so it can be had very easily if anyone is interested. Quite beefy indeed, you definitely need a cannon to throw this Cannon.

Those are freaks. Most cannons fly somewhat like a katana or beat nuke. As with any disc some are surprisingly more or less overstable. My personal favorites for bombing on medium-low heighth lines have been heavy Icon ones.

This is what I was hoping. I liked nukes, but the rim seemed a little blocky for my grip. What color/plastic are the most understable cannons ran in? Seems like early threads said they were all over the place.

Every pinnacle cannon Ive had was very flippy at low and high speeds. The Icons are a little more lss but still just as flippy at high speeds, but they can all vary like stated earlier.

^weird. every cannon ive thrown was not flippy at all. they have HSS turn but always came back and were very fast. 2 pinks and 1 white were all pretty OS.