• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

Don't forget the Rattler. It's basically a small diameter Ultrastar if I remember right.

-------------------------------------

Speaking of the Gopher, I really rue trading mine. Although, I did trade it for a 1st run Ion (the blue and red ones) which I later sold for like $250 so I don't feel too bad about it.

Rattler has a bit rounder shoulder than a polecat, which is more ultrastar like, but it still has more similarities with a polecat. A true small(er) diameter ultrastar is the whitler.

When I started throwing Ions, I was throwing 3rd runs but wanted a light one. Marshall street had 1st runs (165g) in stock at a blow out 9.99. Loving the mold, and being unsure of how long the company would last... I bought 7. Stopped throwing the 1st runs when they hit about $50 a piece. Sold a few. I sold my last 3 for $250 thinking they would never be worth more... I was wrong oh well. Sold off all my 3rd runs for 40-60 a piece as well.

Loving the Polecat after a few recent rounds. I was playing a nice wooded course with tons of elevation change as well as some tricky wooded greens. The Polecat was awesome for safe, floaty approaches as well as tree-weaving and basket hunting. In one round, I managed to throw in a 50-60' uphill shot and had two other cage hits in addition to a couple other parked approaches.

^yep, that's why it's a staple in my bag. Just makes so many boring holes a lot more fun too.

Just got a 158 Lightning Upshot. First impression: AWESOME. A bit faster and less HSS than my 150 Polecat. Incredibly straight on low-powered shots. Makes a smooth, beautiful turn when given a little power. Can't wait to play a round with it.

I can't wait to get my Upshot in. I just order a bunch of Lightning cause they were selling them for like $3 a disc

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I am loving the Upshot at 150g. It has replaced the Polecat in my bag. It has just a tick less HSS which is awesome for what I use my lid for. I'd say it is between the Sonic and Polecat in terms of flight.

If I play a one disc round on a wooded course though I would choose a Polecat.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Considering a lid to kick the judge out of the bag for the neutral putter slot next to my envy. Steal my wife's 168g DX Polecat? Looking for something that doesn't fall out of the sky on lazy anny approaches, and that will flip slightly on approaches and drives.

Loving the Polecat after a few recent rounds. I was playing a nice wooded course with tons of elevation change as well as some tricky wooded greens. The Polecat was awesome for safe, floaty approaches as well as tree-weaving and basket hunting. In one round, I managed to throw in a 50-60' uphill shot and had two other cage hits in addition to a couple other parked approaches.

Add me to the list of (relatively) new Polecat fans. Tried a 150g Polecat and it's a lot of fun to throw. Great disc for upshots, especially from tough lies and awkward positions. Surprisingly good glide; it WILL sail on you if you're not careful. Great for backhand turnovers, as long as you don't overpower it.

Polecat is now in my core bag.

I feel like they've ran Zephyrs in Star before but I'm pulling that out of thin air.

I had a Discraft Soft Elite X Putt'r that if it was in a Pro D Plastic I would have loved the disc. It was like a less sharp Polecat and that was great. I did however feel the plastic type it was in made the top go slightly concave when broken in and made it have less glide so I had to putt harder so to get the disc past 12 feet to go to the basket. After I threw it past 12 feet then the disc would go past the basket making me 2 putt. At the time after I found the Putt'r was not for me I found a Magnet as a putter, similar top and the Magnet was the putter, Use two jawbreaker and an old Hard pre 2006 hard Pro D model that my brother tried for a month before finding what he uses now. I use Magnets as my putter, most lid like non lid disc out there right now. Well the Magnet and the Clutch too.

Last edited:
I gave that Putter to somebody that switched from a Polecat to a Soft Elite X Putt'r but she was using the EDGE under 150 gram DX Polecats before that. She loved it because she like the Soft Elite X Putt'r only after they broke in for putting.

Who air bounces what?

My last Z Putt'rs are getting finger printy and I'd like a lid in something stiffer than Soft X.

Latest posts