• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] List of copies?

The only one I know off the top of my head is a Tank(discontinued)

It was basically a neutral Rhyno without the bead.

DGA Reef is a Discraft APX exactly.
Tsunami is an old mold Predator.
Titanic is a Magnet with a spacer.
Hurricane is almost like a Force SS (and it's amazing)
Rogue is supposedly similar to a Surge SS, but I've never thrown the Surge SS so I can't speak to that.
Legacy Ghost is very similar to a Roc. (Icons are the bees knees)
Rival is very similar to a Teebird, but I prefer it over the bird (blasphemy, I know)
Patriot is a slightly faster Leopard, which I love.

The list could go on and on and on...

PA4 is a Magic, the GM is a Gremlin, and the Breaker is a Ringer. Also, the Legacy Clutch is a Magnet clone, and the Dynamic Discs Judge is a Wizard clone (albiet with a lower profile).

PA4 is a Magic, the GM is a Gremlin, and the Breaker is a Ringer. Also, the Legacy Clutch is a Magnet clone, and the Dynamic Discs Judge is a Wizard clone (albiet with a lower profile).

I think the breaker is similar to a ringer, but there is a definite difference there (and it's not just the plastic)

Clutch is shallower than a magnet if I'm not mistaken as well

You'll get lots of "X disc is similar/kind-of-like/really-close-to X disc" - but the reality is there are very few (if any) exact copies. For awhile I had a buddy who liked to claim that every new mold that came out was "An exact copy of X mold"; finally had to hold two discs together for him and he gave up that old song and dance.

So is there a list of what discs are known to be one companies copies of another?

Suffice it to say that there aren't that many unique discs out there. Most discs have a near equivalent at another company. Any list would be difficult to compile, and open to interpretation.

Last edited:
You'll get lots of "X disc is similar/kind-of-like/really-close-to X disc" - but the reality is there are very few (if any) exact copies. For awhile I had a buddy who liked to claim that every new mold that came out was "An exact copy of X mold"; finally had to hold two discs together for him and he gave up that old song and dance.

The DGA Reef literally is an APX though lol. On the underside of the flight plate it still has the APX tooling on it :p

The DGA Reef literally is an APX though lol. On the underside of the flight plate it still has the APX tooling on it :p

Lots of DGA molds are either discontinued Discraft molds or just Discraft molds in other plastics.

I realize many of the ones I posted earlier aren't exact copies, but they're close enough that I would consider them "clones" (with the exception of the Breaker, which was a mistake on my part). The PA4 is (in my opinion) a copy of the Magic probably at the request of Nikko, and the Clutch is a Magnet relative because Steve Rico loved Magnets.

So, although they may not be the same exact mold, they're imitations, and should be--in my opinion--considered clones.

Lots of DGA molds are either discontinued Discraft molds or just Discraft molds in other plastics.

I realize many of the ones I posted earlier aren't exact copies, but they're close enough that I would consider them "clones" (with the exception of the Breaker, which was a mistake on my part). The PA4 is (in my opinion) a copy of the Magic probably at the request of Nikko, and the Clutch is a Magnet relative because Steve Rico loved Magnets.

So, although they may not be the same exact mold, they're imitations, and should be--in my opinion--considered clones.

Ya, I have a few friends who work for DGA, so I know all about the relationship with Discraft. And the Clutch is definitely very similar to the magnet, it just felt a little shallower when I felt them up, but that was a while ago. Can't speak to the PA4

Suffice it to say that there aren't that many unique discs out there. Most discs have a near equivalent at another company. Any list would be difficult to compile, and open to interpretation.

I agree with this

Surges and Wraiths are pretty similar discs and behave very much the same, but specs wise, they aren't exact copies:

Attachments

• Surge_Wraith.jpg
    Surge_Wraith.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 32
What about the MRX and MRV? Did DGA pick those up too? Or are they just regular ol' OPP?

What about Discmania discs? Aren't they all frankensteined Innova molds??

Also, I have an older milenium OLS that is marked "G4" on the back. I understand it was also made by Innova, but am curious as to which innova parts comprise the millenium discs as well.

Anyone with the inside scoop?

What about Discmania discs? Aren't they all frankensteined Innova molds??

Also, I have an older milenium OLS that is marked "G4" on the back. I understand it was also made by Innova, but am curious as to which innova parts comprise the millenium discs as well.

Anyone with the inside scoop?

P1 is identical to an Aviar PnA
P2 is the Aviar X mold with a spacer

MD1 a Roc without a bead, or a shark without its notch. One of the two.
MD2 is something like a Mako with a microbead. Not positive.
GM is the old Innova Gremlin.

The only driver of theirs I know is the PD, which is a Firebird wing with a unique top.