• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest disc

victorb said:
My longest disc in my bag, accuracy not being taken into consideration, is a 165 blizz DD2. I've hit 450' with this bad boy, but hell if I know where it's going or if I could put it out there more than 2/10 times that far. I actually don't like throwing this disc that much, but I keep it in the bag because I have to learn how to throw the big rimmed stuff eventually.

In terms of consistency and accuracy, it's probably my worn 172 pPD. I've hit 410' with it, but most of the time I'm throwing it 380-390' with pretty good accuracy.

I have a 158 gram DD2 blizzard. It's the flippiest disc I own. I hate it.

My beat Pro Wraith is easily my longest disc. I am maxing out at around 400 feet with it.

The first disc I threw over 500' was a champ Boss at 175g. When I switched over to all discraft I could throw distance lines with 174g X nukes that were clearing 650'. Now that I throw a mixed bag I don't know what I throw the farthest with, haven't played with enough of the new companies, molds, or technology.

Longest but hard to control - Pro Katana

Consistently Long and better control - Destroyer

Still gets out there - Star Valk. I broke in a Star Valk over the summer just practicing slight hyzer flips with it and now that thing just keeps going. The turn is late and then a light fade at the end and the good 'ol valk lands wayyyyyyyyyyy out there.

When it breaks in more.....it may end up being my longest. - Opto Flow

LumberJack said:
164g r-pro Boss. KaBoom

Back when they were released i got several weights of those and the lighter ones suited my power and were the longest discs for me. Then came the Nukes and the most overstable kind of Kings and now Blizzard Bosses too outdistance R-Pro Bosses while being more durable albeit still not like normal discs.

The D4 is getting out past my GL flows by 30' or so. I need to do some real testing once the snows all gone in a couple weeks. But so far I'm really liking them. The D1 is bombing for me into headwinds as well. Love the feel of the plastic as well.

My longest throws ever have been with Champ Orcs around 172, S/DS Destroyer @ 172, and my very early bubbly flight plate blizzard Bosses @ 156g.

My longest throw ever on flat ground was with a Champ Orc and a backdoor wind. I was on a football field (Kalamazoo Central High) and I threw from the end line, went through the middle of the uprights about 20' above the crossbar and kept going another 150-200' clearing a fence and ending in the middle of traffic. Most of my longest throws have ended up in traffic somehow...

Those Bosses are probably the longest as I was really concentrating on D when I had my other long throws, but the Bosses were going almost as far with a lot less input on my part.

what'shisname said:
The D4 is getting out past my GL flows by 30' or so. I need to do some real testing once the snows all gone in a couple weeks. But so far I'm really liking them. The D1 is bombing for me into headwinds as well. Love the feel of the plastic as well.
I got a Flow recently, and have been very underwhelmed. Maybe it needs a good beating. Seems to do nothing better than similar discs from other companies.

PMantle said:
what'shisname said:
I got a Flow recently, and have been very underwhelmed. Maybe it needs a good beating. Seems to do nothing better than similar discs from other companies.
I've heard that the flows have varied a lot from the first runs that I have a stack of. All of mine are the same, my yellow gl's are the longest but won't handle any headwind, and my optos are more stable but not quite as long.

I really like my flows but the d4 and d1 are really impressing me. Not going to make a decision on them until I can get some time with them up against my flows and pd2's without snow on the ground.

what'shisname said:

Flow is 1mm shorter winiged or one Innova speed rating slower than the Prodigys. So no wonder that PMantle is not impressed. Especially if he has the most overstable kind Flow which might be too much for his power. IDK how far he throws. Flows have wildly varying power requirements with the flippy thin GLS with low PLH going faar with little power and the tall high PLH Optos demanding 400'+ power with warp speeders.