• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Looking for a "driving" putter

haha thanks for all of the feedback everyone. I'll be trying out a bunch of new putters soon...luckily I think all of the mentioned discs are thrown by people in my playgroup so I won't break the bank for putters :thmbup:

I switched from the opto Pure to the Neutron Ion for line shaping upshots. Loved the opto Pure but the Neutron plastic feels better IMO. I drive with Wizards, but you've already mentioned you don't like the way those feel. No one has said it yet, but check out the classic Aviar. I used that for a while but got tired of buying new ones due to the DX plastic they're made of.

I switched from the opto Pure to the Neutron Ion for line shaping upshots. Loved the opto Pure but the Neutron plastic feels better IMO. I drive with Wizards, but you've already mentioned you don't like the way those feel. No one has said it yet, but check out the classic Aviar. I used that for a while but got tired of buying new ones due to the DX plastic they're made of.

pure in zero HARD is $

Wow, I guess I need to try an Opto Pure.

I'm a big fan of Rhynos. I keep a Pro and a Champ in the bag for driving and certain approach shots. But even a DX Rhyno is a great driving putter.
Rhynos are overstable to begin with, but they beat into a surprisingly glidey, straight-to-turning disc. For whatever reason, I've never been able to torque over a Rhyno. I can turn one over, but I've never ever gotten the "oh crap I torqued it", fluttering, wobbling drive. Pretty effortless off the tee, and they handle a headwind really well.

How come there's no mention about JOKERi? :O

He carries a Zone, and it's too beefy for him. A JOKERi will be less beefy than that but not enough to make it a viable option. That said, I think Prodiscus' plastic is some of the best in the game. The JOKERi I've been tossing the last week is a great disc, I'm just too invested in Zones.

How come there's no mention about JOKERi? :O An OS compliment for Pure. Try it.
In the process working with the jokeri, great disc! It's giving the sinus a run for it's money. Also the tm2 pures are great though I did trade it off for the jokeri, which I'm happy with. The hard plastic for the sinus has been holding up thus far, but I've seen a hard pure chunk away. The soft plastic by lat is a great driving putter material, though watch out for very sharp twigs as I got one stuck in one of my sinus's.

I have to put in a plug for my favorite driving putter...

pig+driving+car.gif

That's weak. I never had to stress out throwing TM2s/EZEs in the woods, and they aren't THAT firm. I heard ZH is firm like Medium Wizards.

its not that i am afraid it will warp or ruin the disc. Just that i have opto pures so why even risk it.

its not that i am afraid it will warp or ruin the disc. Just that i have opto pures so why even risk it.

I was hoping that their Zero plastics have a similar reputation for durability in their plastic class as their premiums do. Hearing the ZH chunks easily (I don't like soft putters regardless of whether I'm putting or driving) when TM2 doesn't is a sad thing.

I was hoping that their Zero plastics have a similar reputation for durability in their plastic class as their premiums do. Hearing the ZH chunks easily (I don't like soft putters regardless of whether I'm putting or driving) when TM2 doesn't is a sad thing.

i havent had my zero hard pure chunk or take any bad slices and ive used the same one now since it was released.