• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for an Overstable Mid Range

I would suggest a vector unless you have a huge arm, then maybe you should try a gator :D those things are nuts

I have a flat top x-out Flex Buzzz that flys more overstable than my Ti Wasp. If you can find one you might be happy with that...

I use the Trident a bunch during my round. I use it for flex shots, side arms, overhand rollers, spike hyzers, skip shots, you name it. It's really become my utility, get out of trouble disc. Thing will roll for days. Pans super slow for overhands and spikes straight into the ground. I never use it for a midrange type shot however.

I play open courses, so I'm not in trouble that often where I need to make a sharper, hooking throw. And I've never thrown overhand...so that's why I use the Trident more rarely. But yea, it's a great disc for when you need something really overstable. Plus it's probably the best feeling disc I own, as far as how it sits in my hand.

I am also on an overstable Buzzz quest. I tried a Wasp, wasn't able to get used to the bead, had a lot of bad releases. Hornet is a good one, but it's not as overstable as I was looking for. The Zone was plenty overstable, but I had trouble dialing in how much power to give it. It would either go way too far, or fade too soon. Right now, I'm using a 168g gummy champ Rhyno as my overstable "mid". Got a Drone I'll be trying tomorrow.

I bought a max weight Star Rancho Roc today before I hit Hudson Mills and I absolutely love it. I mispoke when I said I was looking for a very overstable mid range. I just needed a mid that was more stable than my worn in buzzz's. I was even turning over my newer Ti Buzzz. the roc gel every line and on shots where I needed it to finish left, it did. I still think I'm going to pick up a Ti Wasp to try it out for windy days or shots where I need a harder right turn. I'm absolutely in love with the 180g roc as it saved me probably 3 to 4 strokes today!!!

I throw a z buzzz as well and have a z hornet i use for my overstable needs it works well for me at least

This is a subject that has been in my mind lately. I have 4 mids in my bag right now... A San Marino Roc, A z wasp and two Buzzzes, One Ti and one SS. Both buzzes turn over even if released on a hyzer. Wasp is a pretty straight shooter with a little bit of low speed turn and in my opinion is pretty similar to the Roc. I want a buzz with more stability, Maybe I outta just get a Z Buzzz and call it a day? My old Z buzzz would shoot straighter than heck with almost no low speed turn.

A Ti Buzz should be comparable to a Z buzz in stability if you want a more stable mid get a Star shark which is slightly more stable or a Hornet which I have never been able to turn over without putting anhyzer on it.

I currently throw Buzzz's as my mid range for the most part. I'm looking for a mid range that is a bit overstable and that will finish left all of the time. I throw my buzzz's anywhere from 270-350. I want a disc that I can snap pretty hard and not have to worry about turning over!! I was thinking about trying out a wasp or on the innova side a Cro. Are these viable options for what i'm looking for? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

i have found that the best overstable mid-range is the Drone. Every time I throw it, i can anhyzer it a little bit and it have never turned over on me. no matter how much snap and speed put into it, it's never failed to do what i expect it to do

Latest posts