• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Los Angeles!

Adontalis

My brother and I will be making a trip to the greater L.A. area. We are from MN and are willing to travel for great disc golf. What are some of the MUST play courses in the southern CA region?

I really enjoyed La Mirada, Oak Grove and Huntington. I played the front 18 in La Mirada twice, back 18 once (it was fairly crowded with soccer) then drove up to Pasadena and watched the pros play the final 9 for the wintertime open. Once that wrapped up and I played the tourney layout to bring my total to 81 holes for the day. The next day I played Huntington 18 + 1 to get to 100 holes. My favorite of the bunch was OG.

If you're willing to do some driving, the two best courses in SoCal are Sky High and Lake Casitas. Both are well worth the drive from the LA area, Sky High is up in the mountains on a ski area, beautiful views and some really fun shots. Lake Casitas is a mix of open elevation shots and some tight wooded holes with great views of the lake and the surrounding area.

Mashnut brought up the more spectacular courses. If you end up pressed for time there are three along the 210 Sylmar, Verdugo, and Oakgrove you can get in pretty quickly.

SoCal cool courses:

Morley field
Brengle terrace
Goat Hill
Mountain Pride
Yucaipa regional
Prado Regional
Whittier Narrows
Oak Grove
Sylmar
Verdugo
La Mirada
El Dorado
Huntington Beach
Sky High
Lake Casitas

Santa Maria (if u consider that SoCal)

La Mirada should be high on that list. I'm a local to Sylmar and love that course but I'm not sure if it would be out of the way for you. If it isn't, please let me know and we can set something up for it and maybe even Verdugo. We have a few close courses here. Oak Grove (which I did today) is also very fun but sometimes I still get lost with the basket layout.

Latest posts