• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Losing discs

lost blue 1st run buzz with a wasp stamp on it at circle C on hole # 18 reward if found

It seems we always lose our "best" disc!
I was given an unmarked / blank prototype disc at World's this year...awesome super stable driver, pure white, instantly became my go to disc for long stable shots. Quickly lost it at the next tournament, on my home course where I've never lost a disc! The second drive of the tournament, first shot on hole 18 at Spring Valley, ended up carding a 6.
Spent an hour "fishing" for it in the snake infested brush & water with no luck.

easy come, easy go!

Great follow up story.

This is some freaky ****! Actually, this is my life. This past week, I'm thowing 6 discs around in my backyard and I leave them out in the lawn. Later in the day I go outside and pick them up, but instead of putting them in my bag(in the house), I throw them on the back seat of my truck. I go to the school to pickup my son and daughter. I come home and take the discs out of my truck and bring them into the house(so I think). The next morning I'm organizing my bag and I notice that one of my new Destroyers is missing, one of the discs that I was throwing the day before. I look around in the house, go out to my truck 3 times, and walk around the yard. Nothing! I look all over the inside of my truck(and it's not that big), and it's not there. Now I'm pissed. After losing so many discs including my two putters over the past week, I decide to go online and order a bunch of replacements discs. Cool! Later that afternoon, I go to picup my son from school and I open the back door to let him in, and the PHUCKING thing is sitting on the floor of the truck right in front of me plain as day like it was there the whole time. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! How does this happen? Too weird for me.

I was at my practice field one day,and I threw a bright orange Star Valk, and it went into the parking lot and landed near my truck. Now this is a Library parking lot, and its closed on Sunday , so nobody was around but me. I walked over to get the disc, and it was no where to be found. I looked around the parking lot, under the truck, in the bushes, but I could not find it. I was shocked that a bright orange disc would just vanish like that. I still don't understand.

I lost a yellow destroyer while throwing in my own yard. Isaw where it went, approximately. No big deal. I searched high and low, covered a ton of ground and still haven't found it. Now the leaves are falling and it's probably burried and gone for good.

I also lost a red leopard dx in a wooded area with virtually no undergrowth. Again, I saw where it went and searched with two people for twenty minutes with no luck. Don't know where it went. It made no sense.

I lose discs in two ways:
1. I leave the putter in the basket. I usually notice pretty soon, but if it's the 18th, and I go home, it's lost. I've been called a couple of times but other times...
2. I throw the next shot and don't pick up the disc after I'm done. There it is on the ground. I usually notice, but if it's late in the round. I go home and don't notice until the next round. It's lost.

If you use a mini to mark all your shots, you won't leave them. Don't take mulligans.

Why didn't I think of that? Every time you think the world is lost, some genius comes up with an idea that nobody even thought of before.
The name of the genius? Mr. Obvious.

Five on one hole!

I was playing Middle Concho while in San Angelo for a family reunion. My brother and cousin's husband were playing with me, but they didn't have any discs so I was letting them use some of mine. We get to 17 and the first disc goes in the drink. Then another...and another. Next thing I knew 5 of my discs were in the water. I swam around for a little while but didn't find anything.

I was playing with a newbie that I had let use one of my discs. We came to a hole with a 70ft wide pond. I knew the guy could not throw that hard, because he kept throwing to high, so I told him to use the kids tee at the edge of the water. He wanted to throw off the regular tee, and when he did, the disc when straight up and landed right in the middle of the pond. I was not happy.