• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Losing interest

Why the hate on competitive players? This is a sport right? When you play a sport you generally play to achieve as low as score as possible. If you are playing in a tourney you should be playing to win or at least put in the best score you are able. You are suppose to be testing yourself. I for one absolutely hate playing tourneys with players who don't care about playing their best and doing their best to compete. If you want to make it about being best buds and having a great time, i sure don't want you in my group, hit me up for a casual round sometime instead. I am busy playing for your money.

I have no problem with people with people wanting to do their best in any endeavor, that is what life is about.

My philosophy is and always has been that I am playing against the course, not other players. If we both play fairly and do our best that is all I can ask for. I have no interest in competing against other players. I for sure don't want to play with someone who goes into a round of disc golf like it is a football game. There is no problem playing like that if you are playing with your bud and your bud has that mindset too, but not everyone is interested in that.

I am busy playing for your money.

6ldc2.jpg

I got my fun back today went to Walmart and bought A DX shark and a DX T bird I went to play with 2 discs against people who were playing with carts and that DX T bird did just fine And the shark filled the rest of it from 300 in.. It's fun not carrying anything... Did i give up some distance ..sure ,did it matter.. not in the slightest

I used to look at a piece of land when I was driving around and imagine a disc golf hole on it. I would think about the course I was going to play next and strategize on disc selection and how I was going to execute each shot.

Now, when I have time to play, I grab a bag of discs and drive to the course without giving any thought to it at all. It just isn't the same. I'm sad about it, but that's the way it is. I don't care about disc golf anymore. I still enjoy playing, but I don't care if I play well or not. It's nice to see my friends.

I used to look at a piece of land when I was driving around and imagine a disc golf hole on it. I would think about the course I was going to play next and strategize on disc selection and how I was going to execute each shot.

Now, when I have time to play, I grab a bag of discs and drive to the course without giving any thought to it at all. It just isn't the same. I'm sad about it, but that's the way it is. I don't care about disc golf anymore. I still enjoy playing, but I don't care if I play well or not. It's nice to see my friends.

I still care about playing well, but I care more about seeing my friends than about playing well. Hope to see you Saturday.

I started playing when I was 35 thankfully and typically play a couple of times a month and a sanctioned tournament fives or so times a year. I have taken 6 months off once and 3-4 months off a few times which made it easier to come back. I have a couple of friends that played occasionally in college (I had no interest) but probably have not played fives times since graduating almost 30 years ago which I understand. If I would have started in college, I would have never played again after college most likely because I would have missed out on other activities I enjoyed then and enjoy now.

Ill give you a different, random perspective. I havent been able to play for 2 years due to injury. Hope to be back out there by end of summer.

Glad you found fun in the game again.