• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Have only been playing a couple of months, so this is my 1st one lost. And I could see it! It was off the 1st tee in Rainbow City, AL, and the hole curved around to the left around the lake. With a straight throw, or even a slight hyzer, there should be no problems.

But my wife and kids were there, so I tried to launch a new Discraft Hawk that I had just purchased. It was the worst kind of throw - high and lofty and perfect... Except it was completely in the wrong direction. Plop!

Tried to wade in and get it, but the bottom of the lake sank way down on the 1st step, so I left it as a lesson learned.
a3558dc1f3dea17dd72f064dbdff86a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Playing Middle Creek in Raleigh, NC. My son finds a key fob for a Mercedes. On this hole actually down the hill near the creek.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125231&highlight=Middle+Creek+Cary

The course is pretty spread out and we would've had to stop and walk a long while to try to find them. So at the mid turn we tried the fob and sure enough we found the Mercedes. I wrote a note and put it on his window telling him to check his front left tire as it seemed to be going flat, but I'd put the key on top of the tire. In retrospect, I should've just written my phone number on the note and have him come look for me but anyone walking up could've read THAT note and called me pretending. No real easy way to do it without me actually standing next to him with the car and have him show me ID and the car registration.

Returning discs, my son (14yo) found a Champion Starfire at the same course once. Brought it home. Being relatively new to the game, he had seen where people write on the flat bottom section, but didn't see where the owner wrote it on the inside edge. We were going out to look at discs at Play It Again and I asked him if he had called the owner. He had not (little devil on one shoulder had his ear). He wanted a Roc and bought it (important later). As we're leaving, I tell him to call the owner. He does and the owner is thrilled someone found his disc and wants it back. I coordinate the meetup and he walks up with 3 new discs from him to pick one of for returning his prized disc (1st run supposedly?). My son had no idea he was giving him a disc. Very cool stamped disc. We are throwing it around and he texts the guy asking what model disc it is. A Roc. Important lesson learned. Be honest, do the right thing.

Enjoying this new sport as a 48yo out of shape doofus. :)

Playing Middle Creek in Raleigh, NC. My son finds a key fob for a Mercedes. On this hole actually down the hill near the creek.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125231&highlight=Middle+Creek+Cary

The course is pretty spread out and we would've had to stop and walk a long while to try to find them. So at the mid turn we tried the fob and sure enough we found the Mercedes. I wrote a note and put it on his window telling him to check his front left tire as it seemed to be going flat, but I'd put the key on top of the tire. In retrospect, I should've just written my phone number on the note and have him come look for me but anyone walking up could've read THAT note and called me pretending. No real easy way to do it without me actually standing next to him with the car and have him show me ID and the car registration.

Returning discs, my son (14yo) found a Champion Starfire at the same course once. Brought it home. Being relatively new to the game, he had seen where people write on the flat bottom section, but didn't see where the owner wrote it on the inside edge. We were going out to look at discs at Play It Again and I asked him if he had called the owner. He had not (little devil on one shoulder had his ear). He wanted a Roc and bought it (important later). As we're leaving, I tell him to call the owner. He does and the owner is thrilled someone found his disc and wants it back. I coordinate the meetup and he walks up with 3 new discs from him to pick one of for returning his prized disc (1st run supposedly?). My son had no idea he was giving him a disc. Very cool stamped disc. We are throwing it around and he texts the guy asking what model disc it is. A Roc. Important lesson learned. Be honest, do the right thing.

Enjoying this new sport as a 48yo out of shape doofus. :)

Think I'll play Middle creek today. You are correct, for a short (tee to basket) course, MC is a pretty long walk. Those back 9 transitions are looooong.

Lost my gold line Jade at The Rock at Stonewall on hole 2 July 3. Grass on the tee was a little wet. As I slipped a little on my drive I stood up a little and hyzered my longest disc deep into the rough. We looked for 15 minutes and a thousand scratches on my legs and she no come back. Boo Hoo.

To my fellow players: I thank you all.
Call backs / texts are getting much more commonplace.... and not just in Michigan.

Last five discs my son or I have lost over the last year or so (in three different states), have all been returned.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :hfive: :thmbup:

Someone with a Golden Retriever will snag that...I would.

I hope your number is on it.

It is! No one has gotten to it yet, but I'll remain hopeful. This course has a lost and found box with a bunch in it, so they may not go and empty it out often. I'm not sure how much the local community visits this course, as it's not near me.

This was a Discraft Hawk - a beginner disc that seems to be out of print. Still, I really like how it gripped, so I bought another one from DGC. I went to a local course last week and left it on a hole somehow. I got a text about 4 hours later from another player, who returned it to me.

He texted me that he thought this disc flew 'mad straight', and asked what kind of plastic it was. I said baseline - they didn't make this one in many varieties of plastic. Since I'm new I still have trouble getting them straight, but I have gotten this one up to 150' or so. He wrote back and said he can throw 400', and this would really help my game as I improved.

Losing this disc really disappointed me, because it was it's first throw! But now that I have a replacement and I've realized that all of them are replaceable (since I don't have anything rare, I mean), it will be ok. I did go into the creek at my local course to try and find my Star Mamba last week, and I've decided even that one is a lost cause. In long pants and boots, I went nearly up to my waist in mud and goop. The creek isn't that wide at all, so I was surprised it was so deep. It's stagnant water too, so it was not pleasant. Didn't find my disc, and came away with only a dented DX Valkyrie for my trouble. So the water can win from now on... or I have to continue to practice so I can avoid this in the first place! :)

Losing this disc really disappointed me, because it was it's first throw!

Get yourself a Golden Retriever. They're about $20, and fold flat for easy carrying.

I don't play many courses with water, but the Golden Retriever fits in the front pocket of my shoulder bag, so I don't even know it's there.

I got one back in February for my Birthday, and I've already lost count of how many discs I've pulled from the water, and I don't have to go wading nearly as much.

My brother and I played two rounds at Sellersville in PA today. On hole 10 teeing off, my brother lost his Sidewinder up and to the left presumably in some rough. I teed off and lost my red Cheetah to up and to the right ricocheting off a tree and in pricker-land. I find it sitting under a bush drop my bag nearby and go help my brother find his. After giving up I go back to where my bag is and throw my approach from my Cheetah. Upon picking it up after my throw I discover that it is NOT my cheetah at all but another red disc (older Shark 150g)! Dammit! Back to the disc safari. We looked forever and assumed they were both lost and carried on.

Playing a second round, we returned to hole 10. I retrace my tee shot from round 1. Whaddya know, my brother locates my cheetah! Still could not find that Sidewinder though.

Raleigh, NC. Lost a nice new BUZZZ at KENTWOOD on hole 3 in the creek. I played just after a massive downpour and couldn't make it back the next day to check the receded waters as I had to travel overseas.

b5d779147872204c2ba96053593de252.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh, NC. Lost a nice new BUZZZ at KENTWOOD on hole 3 in the creek. I played just after a massive downpour and couldn't make it back the next day to check the receded waters as I had to travel overseas.

b5d779147872204c2ba96053593de252.jpg

The super rare innova buzzz

Lol sorry. It was a gift and I had some attachment to it. Was rushing to grab a flight. I'll just buzzz off and grab a new one.

Lost 3 discs over 2 rounds

Tymor park - N.Y. Lost my orange shark, red cheetah on hole 5 downhill to the left before 6th fairway. Lost blue roc3 in hole 4 to the right in the thickness! Just starting out gimmie a break! Planning on going back in the winter and retrieving all when the grass dies out

HAPPY CHUCKIN!

Lost one of my favorite discs on the local 9-holer at lunch today. Icon Patriot beat dead straight, been in the bag for 5 years. Kicked off a tree into god knows where. Everything is so overgrown this time of year.

On the plus side, I found a seasoned gummy champion Starfire while I was looking. It flies pretty much exactly like my 3rd run PD but is a lot more flexible. Will be a great winter disc.

It's a bad month for me! Threw my good old First Run Pinnacle Outlaw into the tall stuff last night.

One of my cardmates left three discs out on the course. Tough to play after work this time of year, everything is so overgrown and it gets dark quickly. I'm going back to the course today to dig through the tall reeds for discs, I swear to god I'm pulling out at least one of them.

Fifteen years ago I lost a triple Ace discraft XL with a greatful dead steal your face logo. I stopped playing the game until this summer because of that.

Lost a Monarch Champion I-dye at Hidden Diamonds in Albion Indiana. Stupid though because it fell out of my sons bag at some point. The bag tipped over as he put it on sloped ground and it must have slipped out. He had it in the bag that day and when we got home and were putting his bag away we noticed he was missing that disc. He was bummed but it made him realize he needs to be more careful and I need to keep a better eye out for him. We didn't have it marked and when we went back there the next day we didn't find it, so hopefully somebody is getting good use out of it!

So sad today! I lost a dx wraith that was super flippy and perfect for big hyzer flips. Hole 13 at Seth Burton - early released it into an overgrown area and after 20 min of looking I gave up. What really sucks is I lost my other hyzer flip disc last week - a star sidewinder at the UNC course.

Latest posts