• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Lost Diamond

green Diamond at GLenn Hilton on hole 5 it's a factory 2nd if ya find it and wanna stick it someone i can grab it when i go back would be forever your friend. cut up my hands pretty good looking for it might of went in the creek....lesson learned...don't pratice the head down throw when near bushes or a creek

Received a text the other day: "Found your Mercy at Pipeline in Spartanburg."

I laughed, because I had lost the thing at Renaissance in Charlotte, like 3 months ago, maybe more. This is the second time I've lost one in town, only to have it show up much later, miles and miles away...
In this case, just like last time, the person* who found it is mailing it to me, with the very good (but unnecessary) advice to "pass it on." I even told him** to keep it if there was room in the bag and a need...
I say 'unnecessary' because I always, always call or text if I find a disc with a number in it. It's the Right Thing To Do. And to whomever it was that found mine, then decided to keep it? Have a nice life, pimple.

*Not knowing the gender made this happen
**Not knowing how to continue succinctly without a third person pronoun made this happen
:p

Edit: And to the person/gentleman/lady who is returning my Mercy: If you happen to frequent this place, I'd be remiss if I didn't say THANK YOU, nice and loud. I'm very appreciative, and never take for granted those who do unto others as they would have done to them.

Last edited:
Shanked a yellow mamba into the high weeds near a stream at Kerr park in Downingtown a little while back. I only recently started playing, and this was the first disc I lost. I was throwing several discs at each tee, alone, sun just about to go down, and those high weeds which were starting to die looked like a yellow disc. Every time I thought I found it, it was just a dead blade of high grass/weeds. Name/number sharpied on but haven't heard from it again. The weeds were even cut down but its gone. I figure it either got found by some kid, or eaten up by the landscaping lawnmower. RIP Mamba.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago, I was on a mini vacation in Vermont and played Smugglers Notch - Brewster Ridge for the first time, alone again. Hole 11 threw my champ glow leopard3, got a decent throw but it hung just a little too far to the right and it crept just out in the trees over the rock wall to the right towards the middle-bottom of the hill. I spent a bit trying to locate it with no luck. Name/number on there but haven't heard from it yet. Someone will probably see it glowing one late day and grab it.

Last Sunday I played another local course, with another friend this time, Anson B Nixon park in Kennett square, PA. As we're just playing through hole 1 I see a blue disc lying under a tree. I thought it was odd for someone to not see where this disc was, so how could they have lost it. We looked around for a few to see if anyone was still playing any holes nearby but didn't see anyone. There was facebook name on the rim so we bagged it to contact them. As we're getting closer to the hole I see a group coming the other way and asked if they just threw in this area. He said ya a blue disc. I was like here it is man, your lie is right under this tree over here. Felt bad for messing up this guys lie, even though i put it right where we grabbed it, but learned that lesson that hole 18 plays right next to 1 on this course. It was a large group so I guess they were taking a while before coming down. Later the same day I noticed that I was missing my glow buzzz, i have been using a normal backpack with a mesh thing on the back to hold my discs and it must have fell out on the course while I was walking. Luckily this time a guy from Maryland contacted me and said his son found it on the course. I should have it back this coming Sunday. Stoked on that. Got a real disc bag now so that shouldn't happen anymore.

I'm learning some important lessons with these stories.

Played Sawmills here in NC there is the reg course that i played then for fun (and cause my approach game stinks) i did the small orange course....well on hole 8 threw my vip f2 shield it went in weeds no biggie...nope drain pipe going under a road.Rolled halfway through it tried everything couldn't get it after an hour. Was bummed but that's how it goes.

My bag got stolen for the third time...maybe I will learn my lesson. I am quickly running out of my FAF firebird collection.

The good news is I bought a stack of pro destroyers to fill the flippy distance driver gap, and they are the furthest discs I've ever thrown!

If anybody finds a black rebel bag somewhere around Oakland, CA, you know who to contact.

If anyone is selling a shift bag in good condition, let me know!

First drive after a few months off - hole 10 (started back 9), Middle Creek. Stalled out a little early, but made it past the crooked tree. Spent like 30 minutes (20 minutes then, 10 minutes after circling back to the tee) - couldn't find it.:wall: White vibram lace, I believe my number is on the back. Hope I get it back

Disc Golf Survey

Hi guys,

I'm doing a project with disc golf for my engineering class. If you are at all interested in filling out this survey to help me out, that would be super appreciated!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd3MfJF_99EIRIzZyr_EDj16wJXjKgdfL3VB3u_VhGkDptgNQ/viewform?usp=sf_link[/URL]

If someone could let me know if you can't get the link to work that would be great.

Thanks! :)

current situation w/ Drew and Ricky on social media.

CooperativeMammothBats-size_restricted.gif

Lost a Wave and Slaidi recently at Woodmere. Left the Wave on hole 18 after throwing several to end the round on my lunch break.

Next day threw the Slaidi into 16s woods on my lunch. Only valley of woods is 15 feet behind but it mysteriously disappeared. Had some steam on it so coulda went deep. Also had to **** before stepping on the pad but thought I could finish the round. So search time was cut short.

Anyone playing valley view in new berlin wi, i got a pink explorer stuck at the deadass top of a pine tree near hole one, if anyone sees it come down, please call the number on the back.

Attended the grand opening of Hazy Shade DGC at Snyder Park Saturday. Threw three in the drink (Plaz Volt, McGlow Roc3, Star RR), only one of which I got back. That course is a disc eater. Pro Tip: Hole 1 usually has a headwind you can't detect from the tee. Throw something that will finish further left than you think you need it to.

At Glenn Hilton in NC Today found a really cool looking Aviar on hole 1 and a Leopard on hole 23. Please contact me here tell me the color and or something about it to get them back. Thanks

i have to give a shout out to the fellows in the Duck River Disc Golf club. i've lost only 2 discs in the last 5 yrs or so and their members got them both back to me. one was a new Star Boss and the other one of a pair of 11x Champ aviars i bought when they first came out and had been in my bag since i got it.

both times i walked off and forgot them after showing someone a particular shot they were having trouble with.

Light blue 175 dx roc yesterday. User error. Too low and too much hyzer tail/cross wind up over a hill. Caught a nasty 40' roll and ended up 20' on to a thin ice sheet. left it there.

With all the great people I meet out on course it amazes me that these same people can be such unethical jerks when it comes to finding someone else's disc. I have only ever received one call on a lost disc, yet they always have my phone number. So much for karma, as I have gone to great lengths to get found discs back.

Worst case was last week on the final hole at Lions Park in Placerville. My son in law took a couple of practice shots, got distracted and then left a Champion Daedalus near the basket. The disc was marked with name/number and "1st ace" with signature and data. What kind of douche hangs on to this disc? Sad to me because this is my hometown course and no one ever calls.

Man, I could fill a whole page with stories of this nature...For whatever reason, I do seem to get a lot of calls on discs that have gone missing...

But here's one bad and one good.

Hat-in-hand, please-please-please, call me if you found this one. It's an honest-to-Gahd 2-Chain Aviar. 172 g. The weight was re-written by me in ballpoint ink. Faded orange so it looks like sherbet. The thing is butter, and I used it from its conception in the early 90's until late winter 2017-2018. Didn't secure it in my bag after a round, and it fell out somewhere near 15-18 at Winget Park in Charlotte. My name and number are in it. There is a dog bite on one edge. I damn near cried when I reached for it the following week. I don't care about its monetary "worth," I just loved throwing it.
So that's the bad. As bad as it gets. Because you know damn good and well that whoever found it knew what it was...Or, what's worse, I guess, is to think someone picked it up and threw it for their dog. :D

The other day I got a text from a guy who works at Innova. "Hey, someone turned in a yelllow Warship. Place an order with DGU and we'll ship it out with your order." Couldn't be easier. Ordered a cool ASL t-shirt, and sent a note, "Hey, I'm the guy whose disc you have on your desk. Here's my order number. Please send my disc with it."
And they answered back in not even an hour, "No problem, we'll take care of it." Then they thanked me for the order! I think that's fairly amazing.
I lost the thing in the river at Canaan - took a bad kick off the last possible tree. Can't believe it resurfaced...literally.

It can go either way...in more ways than three or four...

Two mini rants here.

First agreeing with a few people on how it sucks leaving discs in the middle of a hole as a practice shot with loads of ink and it never getting returned. The 18th hole at a local course was in a long par 4 location, threw two upshots but forgot about it while walking and talking up. Disc had art, name, phone number, and pdga number and was left inside circle1/circle2 and nothing.. lost it about a month or two ago.

Today was playing a different course that I play pretty frequently, the back/mid nine plays on the other side of the park and if you aren't familiar with the course you can miss those holes. Me and my buddy make the long walk from 16 to 17 and this group was finishing hole 10 and walked over straight to 17 (missing the back 6) watched us throw, then asked me if I threw a blue warship, I said no, and he said "oh well it looked like my warship I just lost a little bit ago" I told him that we had been on the course for the last hour and half or so and that we weren't near them when they lost it. Seems a weird way to essentially accuse someone of stealing there disc and then proceeding to use it on the course.

End rant

Latest posts