• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Nader and I played JB today, and we found a disc at hole 10's basket I believe. No name or #, anyone leave one?

My son lost two in the water on hole #8 at Vets during the Lexington Ice Bowl last Saturday. Went back down to retrieve them after the round and guy told me that three kids were there and one had jumped in the water and took a bunch of discs out and left. They weren't playing the tourney so these are gone.

They probably took 8-12 player discs including my sons pair:
Star TeeRex - Blue with a "Luck 8" stamp - 168g
Goldline Riot - Black with a Silver stamp - 170g

Two different lost disc events recently:

January 24-26th Vista Del Camino-Scottsdale, Arizona
Red Star Teedevil- Flew into a deep gated drain next to the road. Has a name written on the bottom. I can provide for proof.
Blue Champion Pearly Monster-In the water next to hole 18. Has my name and number on it.

Feb 24th Afternoon Thorpe Park DGC-Flagstaff, Arizona
Black Z Magnet, kinda purple when held to sun. Is stamped on top.

Thanks!!

Lost a Yellow Wasp in the water at White Oak DGC- Dallas, GA on hole 17. Probably ten feet from shore near the basket. Has a name and phone number on it.

My first and only ace disc, too...

Thanks!

I just had a good lost & found story happen yesterday: on hole #3 at Bonham Park in Bryan, Tx my star wraith was just about to hyzer onto the fairway but clipped a tree and took a hard 90 to the right straight into a creek. Not a deep creek, but super murky and sewagey.

Cutting to the chase: after 25ish min of searching and praying with my shorts rolled up like a diaper, my foot kicked the disc and I let out a "hallelujah"! However.... all the while I had my 5 month old daughter sitting on the bank in her stroller, occasionally needed to be comforted/have her pacifier re-inserted. And I kept asking myself, "Am I a questionable father OR am I an awesome father who's not only exposing her to disc golf at an early age but also giving her hilarious stories to tell in college??"

I guess time will tell.......

I just had a good lost & found story happen yesterday: on hole #3 at Bonham Park in Bryan, Tx my star wraith was just about to hyzer onto the fairway but clipped a tree and took a hard 90 to the right straight into a creek. Not a deep creek, but super murky and sewagey.

Cutting to the chase: after 25ish min of searching and praying with my shorts rolled up like a diaper, my foot kicked the disc and I let out a "hallelujah"! However.... all the while I had my 5 month old daughter sitting on the bank in her stroller, occasionally needed to be comforted/have her pacifier re-inserted. And I kept asking myself, "Am I a questionable father OR am I an awesome father who's not only exposing her to disc golf at an early age but also giving her hilarious stories to tell in college??"

I guess time will tell.......

Glad you found your disc. Welcome to the site!

The other day at lunch, I accidentally left my CE JLS after throwing multiple drives on the last hole. I went back to look but nothing. I played a tournament at that course the next day and it never turned up. I had my name and # on it so I was still hopeful. I went back out a week later (my wife had our baby in the meantime, so I couldn't go out and look earlier) with a rake thinking it maybe got buried in the leaves. One guy walked by that I see around the course a lot, and I asked him if he had seen a rainbow/tie die disc around this hole and he said no.

So when I got home, in a last ditch effort, I searched for "CE JLS" on ebay. And much to my surprise, there it was. My heart started racing thinking I had caught the "thief". There were a lot of things I wanted to say to the seller, but I kept it nice in order not to scare him off. Turns out he got it at PIAS for $10. And ironically enough, it was the guy who I had talked to while I was raking for the disc. So I paid him $10 and got it back.

Lost my GL Vision for now. Creek was up and muddy but with a little luck, no more rain, and my golden retriever I hope to get it back tomorrow.

Vision still lost. My buddy left his Force on the course yesterday so I loan him mine. He lost it on the 4th hole. :clap:

lost a sweet opto flow and a gold line riot on the same hole today. dumping your bag with your buddys my be fun, but plastic gets lost... :(

Lost a CE FX at Eagle Ridge in Oswego, IL. Rec player called my phone # on the back. I met him at the course and layed out 6 discs he could choose from as a finder's reward. He said, "I need a putter" and grabbed a CryZtal Buzzz! Told him it wasn't a putter, but if that's what he liked, all good. We both walked away happy.
A few years ago my Zonedriven Q Omega (CE Aviar) ended up on an island at Trinity Links in Lockport during a tourney. It was surrounded by NASTY water. On the way home I picked up a pump and borrowed my friend's fly-fishing tube. I was gonna go out the next day and get it. I get a text that night from a phone# (no name) that I didn't recognize saying they got my disc. I was so excited, I didn't ask who it was. I offered a disc in return. The texter said they liked 8x and 9x Rocs! I said, "I'll bet you do! Not gonna happen!" Told the texter I'd meet them the next day (2-day tourney). All day long I tell people the story hoping that when I meet them, I can call them out and everyone can give the person a hard time. As I'm walking across the parking lot to the Ace fund throw-off, one of my friends drives up with the disc in his hand. Turns out Todd Fanning got the disc and Dana Vicich and his cronies decided to have a little fun with me and his girlfriend's phone. I'm a good sport and still gave Todd a Homie-stamped champ destroyer. And, to top it all off, I took that disc to the throw-off, parked it and won $83!

Yesterday it was 72 degrees this morning it's raining and snowing. By noon the high winds have dried everything out and it's about 55. I looked for the MIA Vision and Force but no luck. Water is up. I find a bright orange champ eagle laying on top of the leaves same hole both mine went missing on. Called the number I'm returning it to him shortly. Hoping for good karma on this one.

About 2 weeks ago I lost a blue wraith on hole #7 at Paschall park! No writing on it at all.....if found let me know!

hey guys. first time poster here, i usually just read the forum. I have two lost discs right now in the Vancouver Canada area.

DX Valkyrie, red, 175g name and number on back. in the pond near hole 3 at Mundy park.

DX Viking, brand new, red, no ink, left on the grass near hole 1 at Quilchena park

I don't have high hopes for either, but figured I would post up anyways.

Here is a question on the subject of returning lost discs:

Since I've been discing I've only lost one of my discs. I hadn't inked it, so, hopefully its new owner is enjoying it! In turn I've also only found one and it didn't have any ink on it, so I kept it and eventually ended up trading it for something I wanted.

However, I've bought several discs on Ebay since I've started playing. A few of them have names/numbers inked on the back. Should I feel bad about not calling on these discs? I did buy them, but I wonder if an effort was made to return them... I'd like to think that the seller would have tried to return the disc before they sold it, but that's probably not the case...

If and when I find a disc while I'm out playing and its got contact info on it I will certainly make an effort to return it. Hopefully if I ever lose a marked disc, someone will do the same. What do you guys think about the purchased ones though?

Thanks!

It's not really a lost disc story but a disappointment story...

The Am Loriella challenge was on a Saturday and from the long tee on #10 my Dragon clipped just enough branch to end up in the pond. So it's floating in the middle where I can't get to it. At the end of the round I put the word out so if anyone grabs it they know who to give it to. (It has my info on it)

The next day was the Pro day and I was photographing it and I get to #10 and the Dragon is not anywhere to be seen.

Since the course was basically closed to non-tourney players the chances of a participant of either the Am or Pro tourney plucking it out of the water after it drifted to the shore seems pretty good.

So it's been more than a week and no one has contacted me. So all the discs I have returned last year the DG karma has not been reciprocated.

It made me want to keep the Star Val I found Saturday but I called the number and left a message but so far no response. Besides it's white and I only throw orange now.

If I find an orange disc I might keep it... But I now I won't.

If your name is Jason (area code 808) and you left a yellow dx archangel in the basket at Beauty #2 in Ludington, pm me. Also please explain why you would have thrown (and putted) with that disc on that hole.

That is all. Resume normal thread banter.

Here is a question on the subject of returning lost discs:

However, I've bought several discs on Ebay since I've started playing. A few of them have names/numbers inked on the back. Should I feel bad about not calling on these discs? I did buy them, but I wonder if an effort was made to return them... I'd like to think that the seller would have tried to return the disc before they sold it, but that's probably not the case...

Thanks!

I have bought discs from pias with contact info, a lot of time people sell their own discs with their name on them. Also I have traded a number of discs with my info on them to others on this site. Don't worry about ink on ebay discs.

.....second disk recently.....tie dye valkyrie on hole 18 at Paschall park about half way to the basket in the water. No name or number on the disc....please contact me if you find it.

What is really bad ended up +24 on the game......

Found a tye-dye groove on hole eighteen at veterans in Arlington. Needless to say, it was someones ace disc so I felt obligated to call them and return it! I've been trying to return this damn groove for atleast a week now!

Latest posts