• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Playing with my roommate today on a very busy college campus course (had groups on either side of us), and about halfway through the round, he realizes he left my Hawk sitting on the second hole, in the middle of a narrow fairway.

of course, by the time we circle back around to the hole, the disc is gone...and of course...no one bothers to call the number on the disc...when it shold have been obvious one of the three groups in front of them left the disc. same old same old.

7 found
3 returned (another 1 in progress)

10 lost
0 returned.

So after praising my new Z X-Press yesterday on this site different thread, I went out to play a round. On hole 9 the wind grabbed a nice shot and threw it into the pond at Bethany Lakes. I was so GD'd mad I fished with my golden retriever for almost an an hour to no avail. It was the 2nd round I had got to play with it and hadn't written my name/number in it yet.

Lost my tan pink DX Leopard at Anderson Park. I don't know if I forgot to pick it up or what. I got it used for only 5.99. Well I still have one more in my bag.

i lost an RW-Pro Aviar simply by leaving it near the basket and forgetting to pick it up. this was the last hole of a snow round. two days later i realized it was gone and where i must have left it, went back. there was a note (!) rolled up into a single link of a chain that said they found my putter, call and describe it and i'd get it back.

turns out it was the guy who runs getyourfrolfon.com, so i ordered a disc from him and he included my putter with the package!

i lost my blue gold line striker today at the tcc southeast campus on hole #3 theres a pond that comes into play...well i had probably the best drive ive ever had on this hole but..... my disc skipped off of the top of the basket and landed right in the middle of the pond and its super deep so its a goner

Lost my brand new yellow custom-stamped Champ Teebird in the canyon at Oak Grove yesterday.

Bought that sucker here on DGCR and dang if it wasn't getting to be my go-to driver. I just hope to hell that I remembered to put my name & number on it.

I lost so many discs when I was first getting into the sport that I can't even remember half of them, but that's what I get for playing heavily wooded courses as a beginner. Out of all of them I will always remember my Blue DX Shark that I lost at Horning's Hideout Meadow Ridge hole 8. It was my first disc ever and was heavily beaten in (perfect turn over mid). I know someone found it, just call me already! I will pay a reward (in beer or whatever you prefer).

Lost my DX Leopard at Cornwallis Road Park in Durham NC on #16. I forgot pick it up or something. Its red and has my name and phone number on it.

Long story, hang with me:
Alright so two weeks ago my local PIAS got a new shipment of discs in, so I went shopping and picked up a new McCabe stamped neon green Buzzz SS:
picture.php
The next day canis lupis and I went out and played a local course. After one round with it I was really happy with it. So I decided to go around for a second round by myself. First hole I tee off with the disc and slightly yank it to the right (trying to overthrow it). I take my eye off of it, but I know the general area. I get to where it should be and it is no where to be found. I searched for 50 minutes dragging my feet through the snow back and fourth looking for this thing with no luck.
I have played the course about 5-6 times since and I always kept my eye out but nothing. So this morning I went out to play the course because there was a tourney at the same course the day before and I knew the tee pads would be shoveled/salted. I throw a few warm up shots with my other buzzz and comet and then as I am about to throw a few more back towards the first tee I take my plant step to throw and I hear something unnatural underneath my plant foot. I immediately know what it is...
My Lost Buzzz SS buried under some ice!

Me and my ladyfriend were out at Weatherford DGC last night with her new puppy. The sun was setting when we got there, so I knew I'd only have time for a few holes.

We stop for a smoke-break at one of the benches and continue towards hole #11. I think I must've pulled too early in my run up, because my disc came out left of my target with a ton of hyzer. We searched for about 10 minutes before giving up.

I went back out there this morning and sure enough my disc was sticking out of the mud, about 20-25 feet from the pin in some brush. Didn't even finish the hole, I was happy enough finding my 11x Teebird

I tried to lose my first ace disc, at the time I made my first ace. I was so excited, taking pictures of the tee sign and basket; I left it sitting right in the pan. I went to throw it a few holes later, and almost simultaneously got a call from a group behind me to tell me they found it. I was too embarrassed to tell them it was an ace throw...

I lost an old school scorpion that my uncle gave me at Veterans Park hole #3. I was looking into the sun and bombed one RHBH over the treetops, with no idea where it landed. I spent about 1.5 hrs looking, to no avail. Then two months later my friend was throwing my fly-dye Pulse (that I found) and lost it in the same woods on hole #2. Veterans Park is the only place i have lost plastic. I figure its not so bad since I didnt pay for the discs. I will make someones day and they will have a bad-ass story about finding a 150 class Ontario scorpion in the woods.

just lost my go to champ orc today. Throwing into a headwind forehand (my forehand has aparently grown pretty rusty over the winter) and i released with the wing too far down. The disc got caught in the wind, flew through a line of trees to an open field of 6inch snow. there had been enough foot traffic in that area that the hole the disc made was next to impossible to find among all the footprints. I looked for about 30 min before giving up the ghost.

I just put my name and number on my discs the other day so i can only hope to get a call saying that someone found it, and not some ass just calling to say that they really like my gift to them.

My fiancee lost her go-to driver, and orange DX Teebird, on hole 3 of Independence Lake - Red Hawk today. Caught some wind that lifted it and dropped it off on the right side of the fairway. So many deer tracks (deer with bowel problems, too, by the look of it) made the entry impossible to find. We even made a second run at looking for it 14 holes later when the course wound back around to it. No luck. It's got a number and its DX and beat to hell, so hopefully it'll come back, but I'm not holding my breath.

Found a first run Force on hole 15, though. Meeting the owner, "Blake", for a round on Tuesday. Hopefully karma from this will guide some of this winter's losses back to us.

just lost my go to champ orc today. Throwing into a headwind forehand (my forehand has aparently grown pretty rusty over the winter) and i released with the wing too far down. The disc got caught in the wind, flew through a line of trees to an open field of 6inch snow. there had been enough foot traffic in that area that the hole the disc made was next to impossible to find among all the footprints. I looked for about 30 min before giving up the ghost.

I just put my name and number on my discs the other day so i can only hope to get a call saying that someone found it, and not some ass just calling to say that they really like my gift to them.

FOUND IT TODAY! Gotta love it when the snow actually melts!:thmbup:

Latest posts