• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Over 2 years I have found 6 discs that were not mine. None have any ink whatsoever. I have asked around posted on various groups with no success. Is it that hard to mark your disc or did your sharpie run out of ink tagging up all the baskets and benches?

Over 2 years I have found 6 discs that were not mine. None have any ink whatsoever. I have asked around posted on various groups with no success. Is it that hard to mark your disc or did your sharpie run out of ink tagging up all the baskets and benches?

I mark ALL of my discs and have lost prolly close to a hundred during my years of playing. I have only had 2 or 3 returned and none since moving to TX 8 yrs ago. So, I guess people think it's a waste of time and makes their discs ugly for no reason since people aren't going to return them anyways.

I mark ALL of my discs and have lost prolly close to a hundred during my years of playing. I have only had 2 or 3 returned and none since moving to TX 8 yrs ago. So, I guess people think it's a waste of time and makes their discs ugly for no reason since people aren't going to return them anyways.

I have a friend who dives in all the local ponds here. He actually calls every single person back if theres a number and will search for them via forums, facebook, etc if it only has a name on it. I also have lost probably 30 discs with my name on them, and had 1 returned. Not good numbers. I still tag all my though. Maybe good people like my buddy will find it! Karma b*tches

Not really a lost disc story but today I got my champ archon stuck about 30 feet up in a tree and stupidly I threw my clear ion at it which in turn disappeared into the tree. Two water bottle throws later the archon was down but the ion was no where to be seen. After about twenty minutes of climbing/ staring at the tree I was still unable to locate the disc, at that point I was late for an appointment so I sadly had to surrender to the tree and leave. As I was leaving I threw my water bottle at the tree in frustration and incredibly not only did my water bottle fall but my ion followed right after.

Well, it wouldn't be a round at Idlewild for me without the chance of losing a disc. Everyone at the CCS today saw my orange Blizzard Wraith floating all day in the pond on #2 long (after a great drive I HAD to go for it, and clipped the dead tree, deflecting it in). Since it refused to drift to the edge, I decided to look at the end of the day. I did not see it, and was so out of energy, I didn't really persevere. If found, name & number on disc. The real mystery was losing an orange Blizzard Destroyer on #1. Hyzered the drive into the gap going into #6 fairway, and entered the Twilight Zone. We looked in the weeds before and after the gap, and even the sinkholes over on #6, but, well...y'all know the drill, and the wish it might make its way home. I would offer a disc I don't throw if returned...

I was throwing on a hole today and a guy walks up and says have you seen a group of kids come through here? I told him 'No' and he said that he was throwing on a hole and landed by the group of kids - he turned around and his disc and the kids were gone.

I told him I'd help look for the kids, but he said nevermind and kept going.

After hearing that - I pulled out my beat to hell DX firebird to throw on a couple holes where he had seen those kids, I figure if they grab my disc they'll probably throw it back.

Anyway, I throw some perfect throws with it and I figure I'll start using it. So I pull it out a little later and decide to take the Pro route over some trees - not just 'trees' but it's horribly bad rough. So I shank it and hit an early tree and lose my, as of today, favorite disc.

I do find a shark, a leopard, a valkyrie and a destroyer while looking for my firebird though. None inked.

Today must have been a Destroyer day though - three other people I talked to had found Destroyers today in addition to the one that I had found.

Lost 3 disc at Pike Lake today and still shot a scorching 55. Unheard of for me, my RHFH was working well despite losing 2 disc to this throw on upshots.
# 6 Lost the dx Whippet on the FH approach shot, looked good but landed in the bramble left of the basket. Looked in the stinging nettle, felled timber,and insect heaven for 20 minutes, itchy time. Re threw from the previous lie, parked and tapped for a 4.
#7 a nice little downhill ace run. Threw my old school Rubber Putter, landed about 40 ft away and thought I would give the Yeti a shot at the basket and shanked it into the weeds to the left, before the creek. With a heavy heart I looked for 5 minutes on the ankle busting hill side through another Stinging Nettle patch and decided to play on rather than subject my fat ass to possible injury and more itching.
On #11 my FH drive hit a tree and deflected forward and to the left off fairway down toward a small creek and I was surprised when found disc easily in a jumble of felled trees guarding creek. Had a nice forehand shot from the edge of the creek up through an opening to what appeared to be the big tree just right of fairway, 50ft or so from basket, looked for 15 minutes to no avail. Rethrew from the previous lie same throw, a little harder and made a 45 ft putt. Looked for the Champion Banshee for 10 more minutes, no luck.
I did mark 3s on holes 4 and 12 for the first time ever and made 2s on most of the shorter holes. Best Pike Lake round out of the 9 times played.
Lost/Left the Banshee at Lincoln Ridge a month ago and someone found it in the pond on Hole E at Idllewild and turned in to The Nati. Just got it back Thursday.

Last edited:
2 Lost Discs

I lost an R-Pro Plastic Innova Dart at the Hedges Boyer Park course in Tiffin, OH about 3 weeks ago.

Also lost a champion plastic XCaliber today at Vienna Park, Temperance, MI. I would really like to get this one back, first disc I ever got an ace with, so has slightly more value to me than picking another one up. Lost it on hole #17, it is a bright orange, but you need a machete to get through that brush...

Both discs are marked, would love to have them back.

Last edited:
First post for me here, I was just reading through this thread when I received a call from an unknown number. Lost a disc at Water Works roughly a month ago and someone found it at Rosedale Park about 20 miles away.

Now I just hope I get a call about my Test Run 2 Bolt I lost yesterday...

lost my brand new blizzard destroyer in some thick woods today. first time i ever threw it. spent an hour lookin for it and found two un inked discs while i was in there. luckily after i found it i was walkin home and a friend spotted one of the found disc and knew the guy who lost it last week. got to love it when i disc goes to its rightful home

Lost a X-out champ firebird that rolled off a ledge into a swamp 3 weeks ago. Played the same hole yesterday and threw a buzzz with way too much anny on it that went over the same edge. While looking for my buzzz I found the firebird and the buzzz! What a great day.

I hit my first ace ever in a mini and then birdied the next hole tk which my buddy says "You barley ever see anyone birdie a hole after an ace" so feeling cocky I step up and throw my favorite buzzz right into the creek. found it 3 weeks later when my buddy was showing off this "awesome new buzzz he got in the used bin" which I then bought back from him. kept it for 5 more months then lost that disc along with my favorite destroyer at selah ranch on a weekend trip. found the buzzz in a used bin 4 months later a week before returning to selah. then while creek walking between rounds my buddy found my destroyer I lost 4 months ago. now the world is right again! although I think I should just retire the buzzz now

A course near me called Round Barn Farm opened last Monday, and is the only course around me to offer some big legitimate water hazards, I've already thrown 4 discs in the pond :wall:

Today I've lost a Tie-Dye Champion Starfire on the left side of hole 16 at the Ellicott Creek Park course in Tonawanda NY. I've lost two Tie-Dye Champion Beasts (in the creek on hole 5 and in the Water on hole 15) all discs should have Carney written on them as well as my number. I have return 3 discs this year so hopefully that gives me some good karma and I get to throw those discs again!

-carney

I've lost 2 discs this season. I lost my favorite driver, a bright green Pro Destroyer, about halfway down on the left side of the Barry Schultz hole at Standing Rocks. I was just about to give up when I found a tie-dyed Discraft driver, no ink.

A month later, on hole 5 at Parkside, I sliced my pale yellow Champion (which means invisible) Sidewinder into some thick brush on the right side of the fairway. 4 of us looked for a solid 30 minutes before I called it. As I'm coming out of the woods I find a Pro Wraith, also with no name. Now it's my new favorite driver.

Then last week on hole 10 at Parkside I sliced that same Wraith so far off the fairway it went over a small creek. I knew it was gone, but I couldn't give up without looking. After about 10 minutes I find a bright green Star Starfire. I count myself lucky that, for the third time this year, I found a disc on the same hole that I lost a disc, so I head out of the rough. I damn near stepped on my Wraith on the way out!

So I have lost a couple of discs this season, and if anyone happens across them on those courses and happens to call me I'll be grateful, but I count myself fortunate enough to have worked out some bizarre trade system with the disc golf gods.

I count myself lucky that, for the third time this year, I found a disc on the same hole that I lost a disc, so I head out of the rough. I damn near stepped on my Wraith on the way out!

I usually consider that if I was unlucky enough to throw a disc somewhere off course, then someone else probably has also. So if I wander into the woods and find mine, I'll spend a few extra minutes looking around the area. I've found quite a few discs this way.

Sent my favorite River over the basket and into the think briars on the 13th hole at Catamount Links. Friend and I looked for 45 minutes but ran out of light.

I'm headed back out first thing in the morning with a machete and a shovel.

Before today I have lost 5 discs.....mostly just stock dx stuff... had one returned and have returned or tried to return at least 6. This morning, sadly, I lost my first dyed disc:( At least it was my own dye so I can re-create it. And it's kinda hard to be too upset about losing a disc that we got to stand and watch fly for what seemed like forever on a long down hill shot. We estimate it covered at least 900' of the signature 1000' #18 on the Black Course at Grand Vue (Moundsville, WV) before vanishing down the ravine to the right of the fairway. Much to steep and dangerous to go after so I doubt I'll ever see it again but if you should find yourself down the ravine about pin high on that hole be on the lookout for my star roadrunner:thmbup:
StarXoutRoadrunner-1.jpg

Same thing happened to me on that hole, and I eventually found that it had hit the pine needles, stood up, and rolled down the hill into, then across the street ... found it up the front yard a little ways.

Threw a drive out on hole #15 at Grandview a couple days ago and it was a bomb. Saw and land and there were a few guys on the next tee-pad where it landed near. Went to go play from it and it was gone. Spent an hour looking for that baby blue ESP Nuke. It was my baby now its either stolen or in another galaxy. :mad: