• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

found a roc no name/number sweet stamp..@ northside park gainesville. if by any chance you read this leave a note. i'm up there almost every day

IMG_20121009_181713.jpg

At leauge night last night, i ended up losing 2 discs. A purple wraith in a tree. I couldnt see it, as it was getting dark out. Then on one of the last holes, I didnt pay attention to the disc I grabbed for teeing off. Instead of grabbing a midrange, I grabbed my putter. The drive was worse than normal, and I lost it in the water.
Code:

don't remember the name it was a 20 min drive on I-20 se of atlanta

redan maybe?

sounds like redan. it's a sort of tunnel shot with woods on the left and right. when i played, my friend lost one of his borrowed discs on this hole as well. luckily it was an old dark purple katana i had no use for.

Ive written my name and number on discs for 15 years, Ive probably lost 50 and never gotten a call back...until a couple weeks ago, i left a star BB aviar putter in the basket on the last hole of a course i almost never play. I realized it after about an hour while i was at home watching t.v. I just considered it gone until a buddy i haven't talked to in a few years calls and says "hey, I just found your putter in the basket a the park" he says " couldn't believe when I saw your name and number on it". so I got lucky and had one returned to me...first one ever.

I have friends who have disc golfed for 20+ years and say its pointless to write your info on your disc. They say it just makes them worth less when you sell or trade them and no-body ever returns them anyway...sadly this is true 99.99% of the time.

Ive written my name and number on discs for 15 years, Ive probably lost 50 and never gotten a call back...until a couple weeks ago, i left a star BB aviar putter in the basket on the last hole of a course i almost never play. I realized it after about an hour while i was at home watching t.v. I just considered it gone until a buddy i haven't talked to in a few years calls and says "hey, I just found your putter in the basket a the park" he says " couldn't believe when I saw your name and number on it". so I got lucky and had one returned to me...first one ever.

I have friends who have disc golfed for 20+ years and say its pointless to write your info on your disc. They say it just makes them worth less when you sell or trade them and no-body ever returns them anyway...sadly this is true 99.99% of the time.

Question is, would your friend have called the number if it had been someone he didn't know? :-/

Maybe we have more honest disc golfers where I live. We have a few places to check for lost and found discs in the valley, depending on where you play. They dont call you, but they have a lost and found list on the corresponding websites. The only ones I havent got back were the ones lost in the middle of the lakes on really bad throws, and possibly the purple wraith I just lost. Ive had about a75% return rate in Phoenix metro area. I always call the person when I find the disc with a number. If it just has a name I turn it into one of the lost and founds. The lost and found places give a dollar or two to the person who found it, then the person who claims it pays a dollar or two for the recovery fee. If they have a number I call them first so they can avoid the dollar fee.

Maybe we have more honest disc golfers where I live. We have a few places to check for lost and found discs in the valley, depending on where you play. They dont call you, but they have a lost and found list on the corresponding websites. The only ones I havent got back were the ones lost in the middle of the lakes on really bad throws, and possibly the purple wraith I just lost. Ive had about a75% return rate in Phoenix metro area. I always call the person when I find the disc with a number. If it just has a name I turn it into one of the lost and founds. The lost and found places give a dollar or two to the person who found it, then the person who claims it pays a dollar or two for the recovery fee. If they have a number I call them first so they can avoid the dollar fee.

I like the dollar reward / dollar retrieval fee concept. But most of the courses I play don't have any sort of central entity who could serve as a lost and found. DGCourseReview.com should develop a resource like this on their site. I mean, this forum thread is one thing, but an actual, searchable, dedicated resource for lost and found discs would be great. Assuming sufficient user participation. DGCourseReview.com has an area on their dashboard where members can add discs to a personal "lost" list, but I don't see any way for others to really search this. And there is certainly no "found" disc area that I can find beyond threads like this one. :wall: I am tempted to build a separate web site for exactly this purpose.

It started out that a disc golf store in the valley had the lost and found in the store, which was right next to a disc course. Some of the other courses in Phoenix have their own disc golf websites which usually include a lost and found as well. Some of the websites even link up to the lost and found on the other websites. You may have to check a few sites, but worth it if you find your discs.

Last edited:
I found a pink disc with a tourney stamp on hole #17 at Harry Myers with an indecipherable signature and a PDGA #. I believe it is a Destroyer. Let me know the specifics and I'll get it back to you.

Also, I reached in my bag today and discovered my clear/white Z-Flick was missing. Of course, it doesn't have my name/number in it but it's one of my faves. I don't know when I lost it but it was prolly at HMP. If anyone found it, PLEASE contact me.

Gauche Park, Hole 1: Unfortunately lost a peach dragon that had to skip less than 15' to the right of the first pin. Searched about 15 minutes, but couldn't stay.Info is on it, & I've got a couple of guys who live right there say they'd keep an eye out for it, but... you know the drill, thanks!

I lost a disc.. it was round and flew in the air fairly well. I don't care a bit about it.. hopefully someone finds it and throws it.

When I first started playing I got a Discraft Starter Pack which consisted of an Avenger SS, Buzz and Magnet putter. From then on I began to experiment with my friends discs, until one day, we decided to go into the river at my local course to find some discs. that day I pulled out 5 discs. One of which was a R-Pro Fly-Dye Boss. It was my first over stable driver. There was a name on the back listed as "Tammy" so I called her up, and she told me to keep it. After losing and finding it, another day I used it on the river hole. I grip locked it a little too much and into the river it went with me sprinting after it. We looked in that river for about an hour with no luck... To this day she is still missing. I will never forget you Tammy, my first love. I also have 4 bosses now and am in fact in love with them thanks to Tammy.

I remember losing my first monarch (well letting a friend borrow it an losing it) on hole 17 on Victor Ash. Looked until it was hard to see, and then I went and looked again the next day. He bought me a new later, which I proceeded to throw in the water at FlyBoy along with a wraith and avenger. Still don't care about losing those because I had such a good time at that course.

Lost my brand new Champion I-dye Teebird on Hole 10 over a yard at North Salk Park Rolling Meadows IL. I couldn't see it and didn't want to intrude on their property. I went around to ring the doorbell of the house and the people who were home didn't even come to the door they just waited for me to leave. After that I have been completely fed up and hate the course; I wanted to play a different course, but my friends had to play there today. Literally my first round testing the disc out and it's gone. So frustrated.

It's been a long time since I've lost a disc but boy have I been on a run lately. It started a week ago when I left my favorite milky white Z-Flick somewhere and didn't realize it until the next time I played and went in my bag to get it. Prolly at Harry Myers. I went searching and found a green Blizzard Boss (no name/#) and a pink destroyer with tourney stamp (unreadable signature/PDGA #).

Tuesday, I went to Towne Lake and lost my Special Edition Leopard in the creek on hole 7. Today, I went back to Town Lake and didn't find my Leopard but instead lost my Riptide on the next hole. I got in the creek Tues looking but instead found a pink Avenger SS (no name/number) and a purple Champion Beast (name/# but haven't called yet. I will.)

Damn, my bag is getting lighter every time I go play.

Lost my nice, bright green champ blizzard Katana today. :-[ Really disappointed. It's probably in the water near hole #2 at Santa Anita Park in Sacramento, CA. Another guy lost two disks in about the same spot today as well. I mucked around in the water for way too long. I figured I was bound to find something, even if not my own disc. But no luck. The water's just too brackish and deep from all the recent rain. If you happen to find my disc please call the number on it. I've done it for enough people, I deserve to have the same done for me. :-/

You watched a guy throw 2 discs into that drainage ditch and then you proceeded to drown one of your own in the same spot? Its an open shot. Why didn't you just leave it right of the basket to be safe? I hate that stupid course.

Just a rant... I hate when I lose a disc in a 40 square foot area. To make matters worse, the discs I lose most often are putters... Trees and losing daylight have really cut into my disc collection...

And I lost a pink esp force on 11 at glen helen the other day. Threwo it in the bushes left and short of the basket. Its exactly the same color as the autumn leaves it went into. Its got my name and number. A couple weeks ago at la mirada I let the kid I was playing with throw my buzz ss into the drink on 16. I dont know how he did it butive been trying to replace it ever since and I cant find one like it. I hope whoever scrapes the pond calls the owners of the discs. I know its not his responsibility but I would even buy it back. My bag has a big hole in it now.

FOUND: BLUE Z-LINE AVENGER, DISCRAFT AT HOLE 1, SANTA ANITA PARK, SACRAMENTO, CA. Went looking for the green blizzard Katana I lost yesterday at hole 2, but had no luck. Tried to help another guy who lost a blue star disk; a mid range of some sort I think he said, at hole one. Didn't find that either. But I found this avenger, and I'm trying to return it. If it's yours, hit me up. If you see my green Katana, please contact me as well. Thanks. :-/

Latest posts