• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Missing:
Orc.jpg

Last seen flying high and right on hole 14 at North Charlotte Regional DGC in Port Charlotte Florida on Wednesday Oct. 24th. Orc kept going higher and farther right until it crashed a huge palm tree and vanished. If you should find him please contact me or just get it to thrembo. and thrembo.... if you find it just go ahead and keep it. I can make another:D
I did find a lightly used champ valk with no name or number which offsets my loss some as I carry a few valks (and now one more) anyways. I just hadn't planned on trading the course a custom dye for a new disc.

Lost my first disc all year the other day. My blue swirly, pearly Northman. I was just starting to really love that disc when I wrist rolled off 18 at Buchmiller. Thanks to the ridiculous glide of westside plastic it just kept sailing deep into the gully on the otherside of the road. I really hope somebody is honest and calls the number on that guy, cuz I love that disc!

I lost a Tim Selinske US Masters Orange X Out Katana at Hudson Mills in Dexter, Michigan last sunday (10/21/12. on hole D of the original course (past the basket in the tall grass) I didn't have my name or number on it. It was my favorite, furthest flying disc and I am devastated as it was a unique X out disc that I can't replace. If anybody has found it or finds it in the future I would be thrilled and very thankful to get it back!!! There would be a reward (in the form of a disc) if somebody comes across it. Thank you, sincerely, Bummed out Disc Golfer missing the only disc he can throw 400 feet!!!!

luckiest nearly lost disc i have ever had / heard anyone have

i was playing in dekalb ill and threw a disc right over the river that goes along the back side but hit a tree right as it was coming down. my disc( champ orc) landed flat on the water and created a pocket of air and it was just floating on the top of the water out in the river. i have thrown and seen people throw discs in water tons of times and have never even seen this come close to happening. i was so pumped that is my fave disc. has this ever happened to anyone else?

Booradly, I have done this before! I was so very happy it happened as well. The last time I played Flyboy with a bunch of dgcr guys I was lucky enough not to lose a disc in the water.

I've done that before with a star wraith. :hfive:

img1712yo.jpg

nice i was going to try to take a pic of mine but i was super worried that it would hit something and sink so i just rushed to get it out as fast as i could

Just got a call from a dude I sometimes group up with at the park. He found my champ leo that I lost last summer. Stoked to get it back.

I never lost a disc permanently. I lost one that I had returned to me by a friend the next day.

Awhile back though me and a friend were at our local park not an actual course just a park playing a round. He had a big high soaring throw that looked like it landed in the grass in a corner of the park. It simply vanished. This one still bothers me because there was maybe a 20 foot by 20 foot square of blank grass where it could have landed and it just vanished. That was months ago and every time I am there I give that corner a little look over just in case. I would love to solve this mystery even though it's not my disc because it is so bizarre. Anybody ever have anything like this happen?

nice i was going to try to take a pic of mine but i was super worried that it would hit something and sink so i just rushed to get it out as fast as i could

I had this happen to me except like 25 feet on in a river. So I jump in and as I do my sandal sinks in the mud and as I pull it out it comes off. I was lunging towards my disc so I decide to keep going. I get the disc back, come back to shore and dig through muck trying to find my sandal. I didn't get it back but I did find a nice Star Teebird.

I've lost 5 discs life time. 3 of them at Giles Run (1 was returned when found by another player. I'm still looking for the other 2.)

I ordered up some glo plastic and realized I wanted a black light to light them up when playing. Picked up a UV LED flashlight at Home Depot ($10). And flashed it on my other regular playing discs, and WOW did they light up!

So, using that as inspiration, I wander over to Giles Run this evening and used the UV flashlight in the thorn bushes. I spent about 2 hours looking for my own 2 lost discs. Didn't find them, but did find 2 others. No names, and at least one of these has been in the bushes a seriously long time (the plastic is falling to pieces!)

I've been tending towards orange drivers (and pink putters) as these are easier (in general) to spot in daylight. I can say that yellow Champion plastic shows up AWESOME under the UV and was very easy to spot in the thorns. The bluish-white DGA #1 Driver wasn't so easy to spot (blue I've noticed is very hard to find in these thorn bushes.)

Some other comments about UV: In general Star plastic doesn't really show up. However if its has been TyeDyed the Tye Dye DOES show up pretty easily. Champion plastic in most colors is very easy to spot with UV.

Well, I guess I just had to join in the fun and lose a disc at Williamsberg (Ohio) this week, too... drove my Teal colored, 169g gold line Saint down the right side of the fairway on #8, and juuuussst clipped the vine dangling down there. I didn't see it land, so after a 30 minute search, I assume it went in the water, to the right. :(
Love to get that one back. I'm pretty sure it says "$5 for return, sisyphus at DGCR.com" on the inside rim.

The highs and lows of disc golf: I had just aced #5 with a GL Fuse! :D

Lost my Orange Avenger SS at Bradford Park south of Charlotte NC about 3 weeks ago. Hole #11 in the ceders to the right. No name.

My first disc I ever bought. Would love to have it back.

Blue DX Valkyrie
TieDyed Champ Boss
Orange DX Dart
all in the water between holes 13 & 14

Champ Beast in creek Hole 5 - All lost at Expo in Aurora, CO.

Etiquette Question. Browsing my local thrift store, I purchased what I believe to be a 1st run CE Spider for the bargain price of 99 cents! Upon closer inspection, I noticed some ink that I recognized which is the mark of a golfer I used to play with 10+ years ago (I know he still plays), plus another name and number of a golfer who I presume was the second owner. Do I, A) enjoy my bargain; B) Track down the guy whose ink I recognize; or C) call the number.

Good question. I don't know. It may be that the most recent owner donated the disc to Good Will. In which case, good for you! :) If your conscience is itching, you could always call the number and ask if this is what happened. You could also call up you buddy (the original owner) and ask if he is missing the disc. It may be that he traded or sold it at some point, relinquishing ownership willingly and intentionally. Personally I kinda feel like your okay to keep the disc.

Let me be clear: I am a stickler about calling numbers for discs I find in the water or in a field or whatever. It's a big-time pet peeve for me when people don't. On the other hand, I've bought several used discs from Play It Again Sports, which had ink and numbers on them. Maybe I'm fooling myself, but I feel like, by the time they reached my hands, it wasn't my problem anymore. And in your case, whoever turned it in to Good Will obviously didn't profit by it, so it's unlikely to be a thief or scavenger trying to make a buck in stead of calling the owner. So I think you are in the clear. But if you're feeling bad about it, you can always make some calls.

Found this one today. I've never seen one before and this one is very beat up. Anyone have an idea how old it is?

Frisbee.jpg

This is from a 3 disc Wham-o starter set that sells for $15-$20 at Target. My mom has a set just like it. It is heavier and more overstable than a leopard. But not that bad for a beginner. I would give it to someone who wants to start playing.

This is from a 3 disc Wham-o starter set that sells for $15-$20 at Target. My mom has a set just like it. It is heavier and more overstable than a leopard. But not that bad for a beginner. I would give it to someone who wants to start playing.

Crazy ... I pulled one of those things out of the lake last night w/ my retriever.

Photoon2012-11-09at0702.jpg

Latest posts