• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

"knock on wood" I have been able to find my discs so far.. even after climbing 20 ft up a tree or searching for an hour in the thick.. I just wanted to post about one round my GF and I played a couple weeks ago at my home course.. on hole 9 I found a Z Force laying up near the basket that we watched the guys that we let play through throw and almost aced it. They just overlooked that one. So I walked the course and returned it. Then on hole 11 found a DX Leopard with a name and number so we called it and his words were "this is the first time this has happened" on an actual call to return a disc.. then on the same hole found a cheap off brand disc in the basket with nothing on it... I figure I'm in the green on disc karma lol.. but by far the most discs I've found in a single round lol..

If somebody calls you when they find your disc and you just get a voicemail later but they never put it in the lost disc box... is it acceptable to call them two months later and threaten their life? I really miss that disc.

I believe standard protocol is 2 warning texts, then the threats can begin.

Lost my MVP Amp yesterday evening. One of my favorite control discs in my bag too....

A little pre mature, but I already ordered another

My first ace disc was lost this past summer. It was a first run pink star destroyer all beat to hell.. or should I say, perfectly beat to hell.

Hole 13 @ F. Burton Smith in Cocoa, FL. Somewhat narrow fairway consisting of a park service road with thick foliage on both sides. The fairway has a cabbage palm on the left side of the fairway about halfway down and then another small clump of cabbage palms and brazilian pepper trees a little further down. Basket was in the right side placement which has an area that opens up a bit.

My disc had a nice line down the left side of the fairway and it passed the first cabbage palm to the left side of it and kept going but we never saw it fade right like back across the fairway like it should have. Never heard a noise, never found it in any of the cabbage palms or bushes.. I went back and searched until I ran out of daylight. I came back 2 more times that week to search some more.. Never found it. It pisses me off just thinking about it.

It was inked with my name and of course my ace from hole 4 @ tuskawilla park in Daytona. I have a $50 cash reward out for it.. so far no call. :-(

I was even following my golden rule of never throwing a favorite disc on a risky hole.. Just never occurred to me that I needed to respect hole 13 a little more because apparently you CAN lose one on that hole. *sigh

I lost a disc on #13 two weeks ago. Though I believe extra holes have been added and this 13 is new. It is a narrow fairway with a woodline on the left and a murky ditch on the right. The basket sits up on a small hill at the back of the fairway. Midway down there is a clump of palms that jut out into the fairway on the left, have to keep the flight on the center to right of the fairway to make it to the hole.

A bit of a late release on my part and a Champ Blizzard Beast hit a tree on the edge of the ditch and disappeared in the muck...I think. I don't see it on the opposite bank and no evidence of it disturbing the scum on the water surface. Likely gone forever. I rarely used that disc anyways but it still sucks.

If you hit the murk which we call quagmire. You probably won't ever see your disc again. And if you do, it won't be the same flight or color or.... Odor lol.

And chained wraith... The hole numbers have recently been changed. I think I know what hole you describe but not entirely sure. We have been having a course clean up preparing for a tournament. So I'll keep an eye out for you.

If you hit the murk which we call quagmire. You probably won't ever see your disc again. And if you do, it won't be the same flight or color or.... Odor lol.

And chained wraith... The hole numbers have recently been changed. I think I know what hole you describe but not entirely sure. We have been having a course clean up preparing for a tournament. So I'll keep an eye out for you.

SkinnyArms, have you ever seen the next tee signs at Floral City? They are just small wooden arrows that hang from the bottom of the baskets, probably the pointy end of a 1x2 wooden stake.

The layout at FBS is confusing if you've never been walked through by someone in the know. I took a friend out there Monday for his first time. He kept walking to the "obvious" next tee, which isn't always the case...3 to 4 (next tee sign points to 5 and the tee sign even says 4 on it), 7 to 8, 12 to 13 (when the basket is on the hill), and 20 to 21 (if I recall).

Hanging signs like at Floral would really help in these locations. I would be willing to make these signs provided that they don't interfere with some PDGA rule.

SkinnyArms, have you ever seen the next tee signs at Floral City? They are just small wooden arrows that hang from the bottom of the baskets, probably the pointy end of a 1x2 wooden stake.

The layout at FBS is confusing if you've never been walked through by someone in the know. I took a friend out there Monday for his first time. He kept walking to the "obvious" next tee, which isn't always the case...3 to 4 (next tee sign points to 5 and the tee sign even says 4 on it), 7 to 8, 12 to 13 (when the basket is on the hill), and 20 to 21 (if I recall).

Hanging signs like at Floral would really help in these locations. I would be willing to make these signs provided that they don't interfere with some PDGA rule.

I agree, the tee signs around the brevard east coast area don't offer any help. They also can really mess with your head on the distance as just about everyone is wrong.

Honestly, shoot the president of discalibur an email. My personal opinion is that she has been neglecting the courses that are in the ground to focus on building a new one (which we are not equipped or have the funds for). I'm all for new courses but not at the expense of established courses.

They are hosting the Florida masters tournament at FBS soon, an outside opinion may help get the ball rolling on simple improvements.

Hope to see a good turn out there, and if anyone has lost a disc recently there we have a decent size lost and found pipe building.

I agree, the tee signs around the brevard east coast area don't offer any help. They also can really mess with your head on the distance as just about everyone is wrong.

Honestly, shoot the president of discalibur an email. My personal opinion is that she has been neglecting the courses that are in the ground to focus on building a new one (which we are not equipped or have the funds for). I'm all for new courses but not at the expense of established courses.

They are hosting the Florida masters tournament at FBS soon, an outside opinion may help get the ball rolling on simple improvements.

Hope to see a good turn out there, and if anyone has lost a disc recently there we have a decent size lost and found pipe building.

While I meet the age limit, I'm far too green to enter. I may drop by to watch though. Maybe park my butt by #7 and watch peeps launch across the water, beer in hand. :D

I'll shoot her a message about the arrows.

Lost an Orion LS that i threw my first ace with. I left it just sitting on the ground and when I realized what I had done I went back to pick it up and it was gone. Of course nobody in the other groups had seen it. It's gonna be missed! Even had Name/Number/and 1st Ace written on it.

Found a disc, Rock Ridge Park. No name or number. There were some markings. Tell me the disc, and markings and I'll get it back to you.

what does that mean?

w1.png

Less a lost disc story, more a blatant theft story.

This happened a year ago over at Pecan Acres park in Nac on hole 10. I had an old garbage Champion Groove who existed solely for tomahawk throws on this particular hole. Disc wasn't good for much else, plus it was a bight fluorescent yellow, which made finding it relatively easy.

I approached the teebox and shouted, "CLEAR ON HOLE 10" to warn anyone that was back there. This hole is blocked by a small stand of young trees and brush, making an overhand/tomahawk throw one of the better choices. I threw the Groove over and started up the hill after my partner had done the same.

As i walked around the vegetation stand we noticed a Mexican kid maybe 10-12 years old coming up from the basket out into the open, pushing his bike with one hand. We greeted him and after making sure he wasn't hit, since he didn't let us know he was there, we asked him if he saw where the disc went. He pointed towards the brush behind the basket where it normally lands, then he hurried off. I thought this odd, but THIEF didn't cross my mind until a few minutes later where, after vigorous searching, no disc was found. :doh::thmbdown::thmbdown:

It finally dawned on us that this little %$!^! had stood there while we threw, then nicked my disc as we were coming over the hill, than had the audacity to lie about it while pointing to where it 'went'. I started to give chase down the trail he went after, but i quickly called it off after realizing a night in jail wasn't worth getting a Groove of all things back.

My faith in humanity shrunk three sizes that day...

TL:DR version: There be thieves afoot, even while you're playing the game.

Lost 2 discs yesterday :doh:.

Oak Grove CA course. One is a yellow GL Saint 169, and the other is a yellow VIP Underworld 168. Both have my ink and both were lost on the river on hole #3. One lost by yours truly and another lost by my wonderful brother who just "happened" to forget his discs that day.

May be the last time I play in the rain. I was soaked from head to toe after that run and I feel something coming on now, lol.

Please, if you find either disc, call me up or PM here. I can drive out there to get them. The river should have dried up today actually, but I'm stuck at work.

Just lost my TeeDevil. I threw my roc on an approach shot. Didn't like my throw so I picked up my TeeDevil and threw the same shot. But it went 30 feet further and landed on the frozen lake and slid out another 50 feet.

Norwalk, Ohio. The Great Blue Heron, hole 24. Left my yellow star destroyer by the lake :( please call if found my number is on the back. I can throw a reward disc in for the good deed.

Lost two in the pond at Micke Grove in Lodi, CA. Yellow putter on 16 and yellow driver on 17. Name on putter is Johnnie with phone number. Name on driver is Mike or Roger (not sure which one actually) with phone number. Willing to pay a return fee for putter, driver or BOTH.

Latest posts