• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

ALERT NORTH BRANCH, MN Please Help Find My Discs!!

I spend 9 monthes traveling for work. I have 1 day off a week,during that day we disc golf at different course in states and cities through out the USA....recently we were staying at the AmericInn hotel in NORTH BRANCH, MN....someone busted out the window in our truck and helped themselves to some of our belongings. They took all but 1 of our discs. We had about 75 discs that have been collected over the years. 2 bags were taken...1 was a backpack style and 1 a shoulder bag. If you have any info that could lead to the recovery of our disks....I would be so greatful! Im me or email me [email protected] u recover a disc and it still has name and or number Chris or Maureen Thanks for taking the time to read this

Anytime anoyone has ever gone out with new disk and no name and number has lost it lol. I'm pretty sure like 85% of disks I have found are brand new no name

Last week I had a bad throw, that was further made worse when the wind caught under the disc, hit a water hazard that's normally not present on the course but is there right now thanks to massive amounts of rain earlier this year. I did not bring a retriever as there is normally no water and actually forgot to toss it back in the bag. It's was abut 20 feet out in about a foot of water. I decided I did not want to play wet and would walk out and get it before leaving and just drive home without shoes lol. We finished the course and walk back to the pond and it's gone.... We were well ahead of most people playing that day and walked back through the entire course but everyone denied finding it. Then about 10 minutes after leaving I get a text about the disc being found and offer to meet up and get it back. He proceeds to tell me he left, that he is from out of state with no transportation. He then mentions how it's not even a nice disk anyway (9/10 G* Factory 2ND Teebird that I actually liked a lot) . Then no more contact.... What a jerk I'd rather have not heard anything than to have someone text say it's a garbage disc and then stop responding.

Last one I got back I threw a short flick to a basket on top of a blind hill it skipped off the top couldn't find it anywhere. New flat top firebird. It was found same course on the 13th hole which is a lefty hyzer or flick only hole with a big ditch on the right side. I know a new player found that disc and tried to flick it and found out how stable a ft really is lol.

I threw in a tournament last weekend. One hole was an island type holes marked off with flags. If you don't make the island you rethrow until you do. Needless to say it took me a few discs. I had one way to the left and the next group was ready to tee off before I got them all picked up. I left a D4 behind thinking someone else would pick it up. Yea that was stupid thinking. Someone picked it up alright but did not return it.

Found 6 discs over the past 2 weeks as the water has receded here in Florida. Was able to return 4 to the rightful owners. One said "I haven't been down there for two years, keep it". Haven't heard from the 5th.

Found my "Killer B" wizard that i got at the Hippodrome after losing it in a tree on hole 8 at Middle Creek for a month. Got my Evolution Warrior back after it wound up in the OPS (other peoples ****) bag at my favorite private course for a month and found several discs last week with no ink on them. I may actually be even on the lost/found for the year. Now I just need to work on finding the same molds that I lose (or just not losing them).

And in the weird disc return category, I found a champ thunderbird on the practice green at Middle Creek while playing glow gorilla golf 2 weeks ago. Had a name but no number. Played with it for a few days then went to said private course mentioned above last weekend and the only other group playing had the guy whose disc I found with them. I returned it and we ended up partners for dubs. Small world.

Lost a Star Beast (aka chain smasher-hit 3 baskets with it, no aces though) about 4 weeks ago. Had no idea where I lost it, was thinking maybe my kid threw it on a hole and lost it and I just didn't pick it up.

Yesterday came up to hole 18 at Harry Myers, my home course, and found it laying right near the basket. When I saw it I thought it looked familiar, then I picked it up and sure enough, had a Christmas message on the back, pretty sweet deal.

Lost a red Destroyer at Alexander Middle School in Nekoosa, WI on hole 6. (No idea how when the grass really isn't that long; must have taken a crazy skip out of view on the right due to the trees.)

Anytime anoyone has ever gone out with new disk and no name and number has lost it lol. I'm pretty sure like 85% of disks I have found are brand new no name

Me as well - I started inking the discs I throw on high-risk shots, over water etc. Have gotten a number of them back too.

I'd never risk a brand-new premium disc over water, but lots of folks do....

I lost a Champion Eagle and a really old trusty DX Cobra at RL Smith last week. Lost the Eagle on No. 3 to the right of the basket in the brush. The Cobra was in the creek on No. 7.

Had a rare double loss today, throwing makeshift holes for the heck of it over water: cost me a Havok and an Ape. Oh well....

Found a beauty 12x I-dye Champ Teebird Saturday morning on dawn patrol. We've had great weather here so I assumed someone left it in the dark the previous evening as it was sitting by the tee box. As I go to pick it up, I kept saying to myself, "Please don't have a number, please don't have a number".

It had a name and number. I texted the owner and said I'd leave it under the trash can at #10. I decided to throw it once since I don't have any Champ plastic. It went way awry and I spent about 15 minutes looking for it. Was just about to text the guy back and say what I dumb ass i am, when I found it. We were on #14 when the owner came walking over to thank me. We were the only ones on the course so I guess it was obvious we were the finders. It was left by mistake in diminishing daylight.

Moral of the story: Don't throw found plastic if you have already contacted the owner.

Played a new course today. Wind and water are a bad combination. First I turned over a Buzzz (no surprise) and found some water off to the right that I didn't think was worth worrying about. Second I managed to turn over a Big Z Drone for the first time, and... Splash! I have a hunch they're not as overstable as plain Z, but still that gives you an idea of the headwind. Or maybe I'm just too powerful?

Not a downer at all, just wanted to mention Jolly always 'wets' (not 'whets') its appetite by grabbing a few discs in the drink. If any disc divers go in/ go fishing, I'd love my F2 gummy champ Tern that I managed to flatten out to the right of basket #3. It's an ace disc, after all. Name & number in the rim. I'll give the returner a nice disc of their choosing from my bin. I'm sure others put some in the water, so let us help you get them back to the guys, OK?

I played at Root River in Greendale, WI. I had a great round until hole 17. I had a good drive that left me with about a 30' putt. I hit chains but my putter spit out & decided to roll (on ice :doh:) all the way into the river. I lost my yellow America flag stamped KC Aviar...it was the only putter I putted with for about a year. It only has my name & PDGA # on it....I hope I get it back.

Wish I had a pic to post but today's ice bowl with 2 holes playing over a barely frozen pond was hilarious. I ended on the pond hole and by the time I got there I was standing on the tee and could count 15 discs out on the sketchy ice...some in retriever range and some requiring some more interesting retrieval options.

As I was leaving folks were already stripping down....facebook may be interesting tonight.

I lost my MVP Inertia in a creek on Christmas eve, didn't see where it went in and with the water so murky I figured it best not to fish around for it for fear of covering it up. Next day I got a text from Jack, found my disc! By accident he told me, he had one go in the creek and while recovering it he'd seen a blue flash.
Met up with him a week later, played a round and I bought the honest bloke a beer afterwards.

Thankfully that's the only one I have lost so far. Found 1 with ink, returned it, and 3 with no ink.