• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

If anyone lost a disc with a number on it at valley view dgc in wisconsin, someone across the street was selling discs with numbers from all different people, he said he called them but I don't think that he did.

And now for a short story about losing and finding my brand new Z FLX Zone:

We were playing Gordon Holton Memorial DGC and just at the first letter hole, I believe, which happens to play along the water. I drove my Firebird into a tree just ahead of the teepad and so I decided to use my Zone the rest of the way. Well, my Zone hit the one tree I was trying to avoid and it ricocheted left over the bank and into the water. Mind you, this is a pretty steep bank with very little footing. Luckily, my brother said he spotted where it landed in the water, near some branches that were sticking up.

I went down to the water and took off my shoes to find my Zone. The water was getting deep... in fact, if my disc had landed a foot or so further then I would have been wading in it! I blindly poked around the bottom with a big stick, trying to dredge up my disc. After a couple of minutes when I thought things were looking grim, I saw my orange Zone flash up from the bottom. I quickly reached down and grabbed it before it disappeared.

Success! I credit my brother with his excellent spot of my landing, because it would have been lost otherwise. Thank the disc gods that it didn't go any deeper because I really didn't want to get my undies wet. The bottom of my shorts got a wet, and fortunately things worked out in the end. Lost and found my brand new Z FLX Zone on a lucky/unlucky shot near the water! Praise Jebus!

If anyone lost a disc with a number on it at valley view dgc in wisconsin, someone across the street was selling discs with numbers from all different people, he said he called them but I don't think that he did.

There is a guy around my area that does this too. Actually has his kids scrounge the ponds at the local courses for him too, and sells them. Many of the locals have learned to "shop" and when they find one of their own make him call the number. Has worked as far as I've known. Plus if it's legit yours and you know he didn't call just take it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a guy around my area that does this too. Actually has his kids scrounge the ponds at the local courses for him too, and sells them. Many of the locals have learned to "shop" and when they find one of their own make him call the number. Has worked as far as I've known. Plus if it's legit yours and you know he didn't call just take it back.

Ok. Ill do what I can.

If I'm not willing to swim for my disc and someone else puts in their time and effort, it's theirs. Just my $0.02.

About 2 months ago I Just got a phone call for a Clear Elite Z XL with the Quad K Rapid City Tournament stamp on it from 2007 that I lost at the tournament, not sure which year and it was over 10 years ago. I told the couple who found it in a bush to keep said disc if they liked it or just sell it on E-bay but that due to the stamp being tan/camel and mustard yellow, I had a hard time finding said disc when playing in the first round anyhow. I did after the tournament get a new XL with the old Discraft Logo on it, the place still had a few of the older Discraft discs including a dark Hard Pro D red Magnet that was also Stiff I lost the next year at the "Clash at the Corn Palace" Tournament that a pro player may have set up for him to win just to stay with Innova at it's lowest Pro setting. I just left the disc in a basket. Then somebody called me about 6 months later to give me the disc back but since I did not live in town I did not get it back. I still had and still have a old Hard Pro D Magnet that was stiff at 173-174 grams an old one my brother tried for a month as his putter then got another on line to use a Macaroni colored one that I just got rid of, big chip in disc to the point it did not work, I got 2 Jawbreaker Magnets both 173-174 grams that one I labeled approach one I labeled Putter that I put the Ring like on the Pro D Magnets as I use that ring for thumb placement when putting.

I also lost earlier in 2005 in a tournament series that was not PDGA but used the PDGA rules a Lighting #2 driver that was beat in, that disc only floats for about 15-20 minutes before sinking if it is in Higher weights over 165 grams. The 2 XL discs are the discs that took this Discs spot in flight path. My brother also lost his same Lighting #2 Driver on that same course on the same hole.

In 2009 I lost a Ace Race Impact, the less favorite one both were orange and last year 2016 I got a 172-173 gram one to replace the one I lost.

I like to have at least 2 of my discs in the bag, with some being the Star/ESP version of the Champion/Elite Z one so I can play in the winter with the Stickier plastic. Exception is Destroyers, I have a 167 gram and a 170 gram one more a wind thing with heavier one and do not care for the Star ones as they differ from player model to player model plus in Champion it is easier to find in store the flat topped models that require less initial power to throw them and thus a lower power player can throw them longer.

Last edited:
Found: 5 discs from the creek @ Perkerson in Atlanta, Georgia on 10-09-2017.
Names: Tracey Baird, Gabe Foster, Kevin McCoy, Derek Rader, and Matt Dollar

Contact me if you'd like your sunken treasures returned.

Lost disc at Harmon or gulley

I recently lost my first run Z Archer. I threw Harmon that day after a round at gulley park. It was blue with a foil circus stamp on it (silver with colorful bubbles). It has the initials NT and the date 8/8/17 (my first, and to date only ace) I'd like to have it back, so I'm trying this.

If I'm not willing to swim for my disc and someone else puts in their time and effort, it's theirs. Just my $0.02.

That was my logic when I was a kid and would go swimming in the ponds looking for discs. I can only remember swimming in the disc golf course pond a couple of times and got a few nice ones out of it. A lot of discs were not in good enough shape to reuse that I found but I remember finding some nice ones too. We used to go swimming in the golf course ponds several times a summer and would resell the golf balls I found. I could make a couple hundred bucks on a really good weekend back then and that was late 80's. I used to charge 25 cents a ball and can remember my step dads buddy always wanting first dibbs on my stash. He'd go through and pick out all the Titleist golf balls. lol The good ole days!

Free dye (anything you want, no matter how complex), or $15 for anyone that helps me get this disc back:

picture.php

Attched is a more recent pic.

Lost it on 2 at Rollin Ridge, from the red tee (playing over the marsh). Headwind smashed it down about 35 feet short of safety, on a line between the tee and just right of orange pin. Hopefully the RR folks that go in will find it, since its in the most common area. But Ive lost 2 in water there and got neither back, so I'm not super confident.

I really dont wanna lose this, and I would have said F it and went in for it (I think I could see it but couldnt golden retrieve it) but thats against the rules there.

Attachments

• 20170924_110247.jpg
    20170924_110247.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 29
Free dye (anything you want, no matter how complex), or $15 for anyone that helps me get this disc back:

picture.php

Lost it on 2 at Rollin Ridge, from the red tee (playing over the marsh). Headwind smashed it down about 35 feet short of safety, on a line between the tee and just right of orange pin. Hopefully the RR folks that go in will find it, since its in the most common area. But Ive lost 2 in water there and got neither back, so I'm not super confident.

I really dont wanna lose this, and I would have said F it and went in for it (I think I could see it but couldnt golden retrieve it) but thats against the rules there.

Rules be damned. I would have gone in the water after that disc.

Rules be damned. I would have gone in the water after that disc.

Harder to do though when you are not 100% certain the one you are looking at is yours. I think it was mine, but I thought that about a different one too that I was able to retrieve eventually and it ended up not being mine.

And as much as I want that back, I love RR and dont wanna tick them off.

Last edited:
Ugh, had a rough go of it last night at Diamond X. Lost some nice CD2's on back to back holes.

16 and 17 Black, which are both friendly for RHFH straight-to-fade lines. And both holes that I can absolutely park with decent throws. BUT, with left-to-right wind, a FH hyzer angle can quickly get dragged off of massive cliffs into Gnarnia.

Hole 16: shield & wings stamp S-line CD2. A little early on the release, high and hyzer. Gone.
Hole 17: Huk Lab stamp C-line CD2. A little early on the release, high and hyzer. Gone.

Frustrating to make the exact same mistake twice in a row, and pay the price with two difficult to replace discs. It was still a fun round with friends. Just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth to eff it up like that.

And as much as I want that back, I love RR and dont wanna tick them off.

Ridge called me about my disc! The guy refused to let me dye him a disc but suggested I just make one for Rollin Ridge.

Does RR have any logos besides the mirrored R's? Or anyone have any ideas for a cooler dye?

I played 9 over at England Idlewild with my Nieces husband who now resides in America but is from England. He's a super nice guy but is still adjusting to the KY hillbilly. Lol He only had a couple of discs so I let him borrow a couple of mine and one has a ton of sentimental value to me. a late 90's Cyclone. He liked the way it flew so I thought what the hell. Sure enough my trusty Cyclone ends up in a pond it should of had no chance at reaching. He bounced off every wrong tree possible to push the disc in the direction of the pond! So now he's very apologetic and is telling me not to worry that he'd buy me a new one! I just looked at him and smiled and said you cant buy this disc. This just isnt any disc. This was one of my go-to discs from back in the day when I played several times a week. So if anyone was at EI on Saturday afternoon and saw a guy swimming in one of those nasty ponds, it was probably me? But I did get my cyclone back!:thmbup:

Ridge called me about my disc! The guy refused to let me dye him a disc but suggested I just make one for Rollin Ridge.

Does RR have any logos besides the mirrored R's? Or anyone have any ideas for a cooler dye?

Nice!

How about dying them a disc with the word "Nice!" boldly and the RR logo small. That sounds funzies.

I lost two discs at Gordon Holton Memorial DGC in Delaware, OH yesterday.

A pink Comet on hole 2 (or 3), and then a blue Wraith on hole 17 that I flubbed right into the water.

Not the best round, but it was a nice day otherwise.

picture.php

Is the disc actually a Monarch? If so Cool.

Last edited:
Ahh, might as well post it... because it was the first of three straight mistakes I made that night.

Decided to play Lincoln Ridge for a weekly sanctioned league because I always have a decent round there. Fun fun fun course. Because there's a couple of groups waiting to tee off on hole 1, we go over to the pond hole (22) to get it out of the way first. Of course, I threw my pink, stock stamped opto river flat, aimed at the basket, and not out right, away from the nasty green slimy collection pond, so it soared smack dab in the middle.
Inked, but I don't expect to see it again.

The other two mistakes? Don't believe the convenience stores with a come on price of 89 cents for "any size" fountain drink. They don't mean "any size".

But the big mistake was thinking I always play Lincoln Ridge well. Shot almost 100 points under my rating. Way to go! :wall:

Latest posts