• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Machete

Another note, I got a 173 First Run in Yellow, and the plastic is a little softer than normal for Z, the disc would probably do a little better if the plastic was firmer, soft plastic is not good for beefy discs that need to be thrown pretty hard.

^ I don't like the sound of that. For a disc like this I want it to be firm Z so it can get maximum skip potential.

How does this compare to a Firebird? (especially plain old champ, not FAF or 11x or anything fancy) I never thought Predators were real comparable to Firebirds, cuz of all the extra glide. What about the Machete? Based on Infinite's numbers, I'm guessing less overstable?

^ I've been working with a Z Predator for a couple weeks now and I'm really liking it. It's different enough from a Champion Firebird that it's worth it to carry both if you want. Much more workable and really fun to throw long anhyzer FH's.

I haven't got my hands on a Machete just yet but it sounds like a big difference is the shape with the more shallow rim depth.

How does this compare to a Firebird? (especially plain old champ, not FAF or 11x or anything fancy) I never thought Predators were real comparable to Firebirds, cuz of all the extra glide. What about the Machete? Based on Infinite's numbers, I'm guessing less overstable?

Infinite is off...this is faster than a Firebird. I've 2 167's and I'd give them a 0HSS/3LSS. 175 on the way, which I hope will bump the LSS up to 3.5.

I used to throw the Flick, then Pred, then the Firebird (the Sexton Glow run).... then for a long time, the Felon...but I've come to like the faster utility disc. My full hit on a Felon = Machete at 85% same result, so I'm getting a better range of use.(my %'s are super arbitrary, but feel right in my mind...)

Does anyone know why McBeth dropped the speed 9 meethooks in favor of 10s and 11s? He's bagging the PDx now, which has the same numbers as the Machete....

picked up one of these really liking it for fh skippy upshots. been looking for a discraft mold to replace my tridents for that 175'-250' low skippy up shots. The Tsunami would do it but the fh grip isn't the most comfortable on it and the flick doesn't have the range of the machete.

picked up one of these really liking it for fh skippy upshots. been looking for a discraft mold to replace my tridents for that 175'-250' low skippy up shots. The Tsunami would do it but the fh grip isn't the most comfortable on it and the flick doesn't have the range of the machete.

Ordered a heavier weight Machete to see if they are as stable as my Nuke OS, which is great for skipping in the range you described. Not easy to gauge but if you need to make a 90 degree corner, the flare skips I get with the OS are a thing of beauty. I get, "what the **** was that?!", quite often.

Got two identical Machetes today (Blue 173-174) and the intitial impression is that these are by far the most overstable disc I have thrown. Really comfortable in the hand, good, firm Z plastic and they skip extremely well. These make my Felons seem like Rivers, they are that OS. They are fantastic headwind discs and are extremely accurate on hyzers up to 325-350 for me. Certainly not for beginners but they are an incredibly useful disc for more experienced players.

Has anyone noticed differences between the test flight, first run, regular run? I have a test flight and I am really liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i tried a friends test run then went and bought a regular run didn't notice much difference.

Anyone else want to see these in x plastic? i would love to have one i could beat some of the high speed stability out of to get a little more range.

i tried a friends test run then went and bought a regular run didn't notice much difference.

Anyone else want to see these in x plastic? i would love to have one i could beat some of the high speed stability out of to get a little more range.

I'm going to get one of the swirl ESP's to see how it holds up, but I probably won't cycle them. My Undertakers have it covered.
(Will definitely be wiping that stamp, though...)

It's very similar to the DGA Hellfire, like, very similar....and Prodigy H1,H2. Nothing wrong with that. I want to try one, it feels decent, Just by looks and feel I'd say its a speed 10 type disc. And I base this on absolutely nothing

It's very similar to the DGA Hellfire, like, very similar....and Prodigy H1,H2. Nothing wrong with that. I want to try one, it feels decent, Just by looks and feel I'd say its a speed 10 type disc. And I base this on absolutely nothing

The Machete's not as deep though. I had proto king of the lakes Hellfire I gave to my buddy. I remember the curl at the rim being more pronounced/noticeable. Don't know about the regular runs.

I'm bagging this one. If you can tell me of another very over stable control driver that is this comfortable in the hand, I'd like to hear about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These power down extremely well. I throw them about the same as my drone sometimes but if I need more skip. Super consistent and reliable.

Did they make this to fill the void left by the OOP Pulse?

Did they make this to fill the void left by the OOP Pulse?

I think it was intended to replace the Crush (which was perfect as is). I'm still interested in this mold but not sure it can replace my mild dome Champion Firebird.

The Machete's not as deep though. I had proto king of the lakes Hellfire I gave to my buddy. I remember the curl at the rim being more pronounced/noticeable. Don't know about the regular runs.

Ok, yeah I really only checked out these discs in the store, never thrown them, but my buddy is all about hellfires. They seemed pretty similar. But I have no real experience. OS Speed 8-10 discs are so useful there are SO many of them now

Believe MJ reported these came out of the hand more smoothly than preds. I found two identical big z's with a touch of dome at the Pere Marquette outfitters.

Was playing mason county today very windy and wanted to compare contrast against the felon and fdthree.

They feel so good. Tired of buying online. I had to root threw multiply odd and end piles of new stuff to find matching stock. Guess I know why I buy onlline because i want carbon copies.

Purple, fairly stiff they feel ****ing money. Will test and post.

Believe MJ reported these came out of the hand more smoothly than preds. I found two identical big z's with a touch of dome at the Pere Marquette outfitters.

Was playing mason county today very windy and wanted to compare contrast against the felon and fdthree.

They feel so good. Tired of buying online. I had to root threw multiply odd and end piles of new stuff to find matching stock. Guess I know why I buy onlline because i want carbon copies.

Purple, fairly stiff they feel ****ing money. Will test and post.

Predators have a sharp curl just at the rim. Some refer to it as a bead, but it's completely uniform with the concavity of the wing. Bead like in feel, not in design.

What's your opinion of those big z stamps?

Latest posts