• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako3

Love it, I haven't tried a one disc round with it yet, but the Mako3 is an amazing disc for beginners. If you need an OS complement I have found the MD3 to have about the same amount of comfort in the hand.

Love it, I haven't tried a one disc round with it yet, but the Mako3 is an amazing disc for beginners. If you need an OS complement I have found the MD3 to have about the same amount of comfort in the hand.

Almost like a MakoX3...

'Murica...

picture.php

Just announced from DGU today... for the first time ever KC Pro Mako3s! I've had them for about a week now and I can honestly say that the mold and plastic combination is magical. If you like Mako3s, then you gotta check these out! And I'm hoping that a few non-Mako3 throwers will buy it just for the stamp! (pipe dream hahaha)
kc-pro-mako3-photo-small.jpg

Just announced from DGU today... for the first time ever KC Pro Mako3s! I've had them for about a week now and I can honestly say that the mold and plastic combination is magical. If you like Mako3s, then you gotta check these out! And I'm hoping that a few non-Mako3 throwers will buy it just for the stamp! (pipe dream hahaha)
kc-pro-mako3-photo-small.jpg

Out of the box magical turnovers?

Sorry, I missed this question somehow.
It depends on how you define turnovers.
Out of the box they are exceptionally neutral. If you want it to hold the anhyzer angle the whole way, it will.
If you are asking if it will flip to turn after a flat release... yes it will flip if you throw it super hard. Like 350' hard.
Are either of these what you were asking?

I am a Comet freak. I have a lifetime supply of them. This is the first disc I've thrown that has made an honest challenge for the Comets. These KC Pro Mako3s are gonna be $ in the woods!

Thanks for the heads up, snagged a couple of them this morning. Be nice to have another plastic option outside of Champion.

Out of the box they are exceptionally neutral. If you want it to hold the anhyzer angle the whole way, it will.
If you are asking if it will flip to turn after a flat release... yes it will flip if you throw it super hard. Like 350' hard.

Agree... my Star and Champ Mako3s did not turn over fresh out of the box, but were (and are) very straight.

I suspect the KC Pro Mako3s will start out that way fresh out of the box, but will season in much faster than the Star and Champ versions, and will become turnover/anny discs relatively quickly.

...I suspect the KC Pro Mako3s will start out that way fresh out of the box, but will season in much faster than the Star and Champ versions, and will become turnover/anny discs relatively quickly.
These are scrumptiously neutral from the first throw. They should season into that slow turning finesse disc for delicate shots through the woods.

Where are these available?

I have a light Star and some max Champs. The Star given its weight (173) is less HSS than the 180 Champs but an easier to season (possibly more glide???) version would be great

I am a Comet freak. I have a lifetime supply of them. This is the first disc I've thrown that has made an honest challenge for the Comets. These KC Pro Mako3s are gonna be $ in the woods!

Yep! Thanks for the reply sir.

I also really like comets. Especially in the woods. I bagged a champ mako3 for a brief stint and I liked it, feels awesome in the hand, and will punish OAT like a comet will. Never fully made the bag though, although I have thrown some beautiful shots with it.

I've moved more towards beat to ****e DX rocs not only because I can cycle one mold, but I find them slightly more torque resistant. I know, I should just throw more cleanly, but I'm not a touring pro and every now and then I try to mash a disc and get some flutter. At the end of the day, I just think a spectrum of rocs fits my game better.

I do like how comets seem to float and fly more slowly than rocs, while a mako3 seems like it can penetrate forward better. Rocs just seem like goldilocks for me, but I do keep comets around if I lose a beat roc or play in the woods.

Where are these available?
DGU only.

Hopefully they have a touch longer glide than the champs. IMO, that was the main shortcoming (literally) of the Mako3.
I have no complaints about the glide. I have no experience with the Star, G*, or Champs... but the fact that I'm not disappointed should mean something given that I'm a Comet freak. I'd be interested to hear from those that do know the other Mako3 plastics.

Yep! Thanks for the reply sir.
It sounds like we are on the same page as far as mids are concerned. I cycle DX Rocs as my main mid. Comets are my favorite, but Rocs can cover more of the midrange spectrum with one very cheap mold. There is so much to like about Rocs... but I just adore my Comets. Its not logical.
Having said that, I am super interested in getting these Mako3s onto my heavily wooded home courses because I'm pretty sure they are going to be absolute fire. My backyard testing showed me that they can hit 260' (measured) with a fairly weak throw... maybe 50% effort? They really are great as far as I can see right now. Gotta check out some Champs and Stars next... just gotta get DGU to let me stamp some of those blends hahahaha.

Love the new stamp, would definitely pick up if it were champ or star even though I don't throw the mako. Would look sweet in foil.

Never had a problem with glide on a Champ Mako3, granted that is the only plastic I have thrown so far. I was getting mine about 310' on a frozen rope before I decided to move to something more OS. Doubt I could get them that far right now.

Latest posts