• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maple Hill Open

Sounds like they don't play on the Gold Course

I'm pretty sure they play the golds for most of the course. I followed the top women's card for 9 holes last year and I'm pretty sure they played golds, with hole 1 being an exception due to the long water carry. There might have been other exceptions too, but in general, I'm almost positive that they play golds on almost every hole.

Terry said the women are playing five shorter tees this year. Hole 8 was one of them when he mentioned it.

Last edited:
They play from a different tee pad (and maybe to a different basket, I'm not sure). The shot still goes over the pond, but they clear it.

Sounds like they don't play on the Gold Course

The women play from forward tees (same targets) on the water holes (1, 8, 14) and on hole 18. The idea is to give them a course on which they are appropriately challenged. The Gold course is designed and aimed to challenge 1010-1020 rated players. Shortening just those holes makes it more appropriate for 960-970 rated players as most of the top women are.

Seems like it works, with only one throw separating the top four women after two rounds.

Didn't Devin Frederick play great until the final round of Maple Hill Open last year? I hope that dude wins.

The women play from forward tees (same targets) on the water holes (1, 8, 14) and on hole 18. The idea is to give them a course on which they are appropriately challenged. The Gold course is designed and aimed to challenge 1010-1020 rated players. Shortening just those holes makes it more appropriate for 960-970 rated players as most of the top women are.

Seems like it works, with only one throw separating the top four women after two rounds.

17 is short too

Anyone else just getting green screen and choppy audio at this point?

That makes sense - thanks for the explanation.

I was there today and followed around the card with McBeth and Hunter Todd, so I didn't get the chance to see the women play the course.

was really looking forward to comming home to watch the round today and its just green screen. :/

was really looking forward to comming home to watch the round today and its just green screen. :/

I love that people are making that coverage happen and I am not meaning to hate on Terry or others involved but....I cant fathom sitting through and attempting to watch 5 hours of The Blair Witch Maple Hill Open 2014.:sick:

Kinda makes you appreciate guys that film, edit and get those tourney vids out so quick for us. :clap:

Don't get me wrong I love the live coverage. Just listening to it and looking up occasionally is a nice expertise for me. I just wanted to see the players reacting to the wind, largely how Dave did in the wind, but is nothing but green screen.

Did just finish Marty's round 2 and as always, superb quality.

I just want to thank Terry and the guys at Smashboxxtv for all the effort they make to bring the coverage to us.

Don't get me wrong I love the live coverage. Just listening to it and looking up occasionally is a nice expertise for me. I just wanted to see the players reacting to the wind, largely how Dave did in the wind, but is nothing but green screen.

Did just finish Marty's round 2 and as always, superb quality.

Apparently Dave Feldberg ran into some troubles on the course today...have you checked the scores on the PDGA site or are you waiting to see it first? Dont want to be a spoiler :p and ruin it for ya!

Latest posts