• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McBeth's next signature disc speculation.

what should mcbeth's next signature disc be?

• Nova

Votes: 88 29.7%
  • Star Teebird

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Mako3

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Champion Groove

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Champion Gator

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Firebird3

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • McPro Aviar (regular production)

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Star Destroyer

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Beast

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champ Firebird

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Champ Teebird

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • PD

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Colt

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Xcaliber

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champion Metalflake Polecat

Votes: 26 8.8%

• Total voters
I *think* McBeth throws Star Teebirds although I could be wrong. Climo's sig is on the champ Teebird, not the Star Teebird, so McBeth could definitely get his sig on the Star Teebird. I thought that was what he was going to get this time. It would make a lot of sense. The Star Teebird's got to be one of the best selling discs in Innova's lineup, and it's got no signature on it.

pretty sure he throws both champ and star.

Old news!

Yes, to us readers here on DGCR. The new news is that it was posted to Instagram.

I have no business throwing a Star Destroyer, but I might have to put my credit card in a bag of water and freeze it to keep from buying a McBeth sig Star Destroyer....

Must resist temptation....

Must resist temptation....

I think I saw McBeth throw a Champ Teebird (with Climo sig) at the USDGC. McBeast probably bags both.

Yeah I think someone else mentioned that they've seen him throw champ Teebirds as well. I do think he actually throws both. His last ITB video on Youtube looks like it is from 6 months ago, but in that video it looks like he had 1 champ and 1 star Teebird. If anyone has a newer ITB video (not from April), feel free to post a link (and no I don't mean an interview where he mentions 3 discs somewhere in the 45 minutes).

Yes, fairly certain he throws both. Only based on my observations watching videos, though.

In all his videos he says that he builds his bag to accommodate the course he's playing on. I have seen him throw Champ Teebirds before, but it's not common anymore. He mostly throws champ Thunderbirds for the stable fairway shots now. The Star Teebird seems to stay in his bag more often than the Champ Teebird because it looks like he uses the Star Teebird for a straight-finishing or a right-turning shot - something the Thunderbird can't really do as they like to fade out in the end. At least the ones he throws. I honestly don't know when he throws the Champ Teebird in the bag - hard to tell what it does for him that the champ Thunderbird doesn't.

But Sexytime's forehand is so natural. The way Simon and Paul hold the disc vertically beside their head on their run-up is just WEIRD! I tried it one time (my FH game blows) and I slip-locked about 50' in front of me, 30' to my right! TERRIBAD! I don't get why or how they do it, I've heard it's a timing practice for them, but it doesn't work for me. I stick to turnovers with an M4 or D4 if I need to go right... I just need to spend some time in a field after attending a Jerm clinic!

I thought he was off thunderbirds. At worlds he was throwing PDs again. Both bagged?

I thought he was off thunderbirds. At worlds he was throwing PDs again. Both bagged?

He has bagged a couple Thunderbirds and a PD for awhile. Last time I saw it mentioned was in a thread posted by one of the CCDG guys at Worlds.

I can't recall any iTB of his with star teebirds (not off the top of my head).

I only remember champion teebirds and the thunderbird/PD set up.

I even recall thinking to myself "how does he only bag champs?" several times.

2012 itb 2x champ teebirds

2014 japan 2x starlite teebirds

2015 itb 2x champ teebirds

it seems like stars aren't in regular rotation at all, where are you guys getting this?