• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Roc3

It's not really that, it's just they keep the good stuff online, release small numbers when they do. If I'm paying retail I like to see what I'm buying. Then it takes forever or they never move the limited stuff to retailers. DX Roc3's? Really it's been a year now. Stiff Pro Rhynos, never see those. Stiff Pro Pigs, on and on and on. Keep all the good stuff in the proshop and send all the floppy garbage to retailers.

Well that kinda is the point of the factory store. That they can give us small batchs of different runs of stuff. I for one am a fan (except for the site crashes) And if more retailers were smart they would set up an account with them so that they can get these discs in their stores so that people can have a chance to feel them up.

Well that kinda is the point of the factory store. That they can give us small batchs of different runs of stuff. I for one am a fan (except for the site crashes) And if more retailers were smart they would set up an account with them so that they can get these discs in their stores so that people can have a chance to feel them up.

You said the opposite thing just a few months back when I RIPPED the Factory Store. One funny guy you are for sure tho, Panda buns.

Last edited:
I know Lots of guys that love those Rhynos... Including Matt $$$

I liked them too. The orange were perfectly flat and grippy as hell. I bought a ton of them. That doesn't mean that they flew off the shelves though. With the extreme amount of love that Rhynos get, they should've sold out the night of release but didn't come close.

By the time retailers get them, people have usually dropped the coin at the Proshop.

And here comes "Aim for the Water"

Edit= Tbird Ill agree I suppose. From what I remember the did sell quickly in certain colors. I just know they made and are making ALOT of those Rhynos

Those Rhynos were not very well received (complaints about the plastic being crappy) when they were released. The Pigs weren't really either (coincidentally, people loved the plastic which was the same as the Rhynos). Neither sold out. If they don't sell well in the Proshop why send them to retailers to sit on shelves forever?

Well yeah that's the thing, I've ordered enough from the proshop and you never really know what you're getting. Thats the point. If I'm spending 20 bucks on a disc I like to see it and feel it first, I feel I've been a little burned too many times. End up with something really domey, or overweight, or red is actually maroon. With the inconsistencies it's just a big gamble.

Well yeah that's the thing, I've ordered enough from the proshop and you never really know what you're getting. Thats the point. If I'm spending 20 bucks on a disc I like to see it and feel it first, I feel I've been a little burned too many times. End up with something really domey, or overweight, or red is actually maroon. With the inconsistencies it's just a big gamble.

I have spent way too much there too. I have had issues with certain orders as well, but I wouldn't say I've been that burned. If I'm that concerned about what I'm going to get/disappointed with what I received, I call them and talk to someone directly.

red is actually maroon.
Yea I agree with this one. Which is why I dont order red, or when we place a stock order with innova we specificially ask them not to send anything in that maroon/wine/raspberry/dark pink color, since it is the worst selling color.

The first run McPro R3s I received were definitely red. I can't say what they're shipping now but the first runs were "red" red.

The first run McPro R3s I received were definitely red. I can't say what they're shipping now but the first runs were "red" red.

My rant wasn't specifically towards the Mcpro Roc3, it's ordering online in general. I've had several reds turn out to be dark red. I've trended towards buying in person for several reasons. PLH/Dome/Color/Grip. All these can vary from color to color and run to run. Thus my disdain for proshop/online only discs.

My rant wasn't specifically towards the Mcpro Roc3, it's ordering online in general. I've had several reds turn out to be dark red. I've trended towards buying in person for several reasons. PLH/Dome/Color/Grip. All these can vary from color to color and run to run. Thus my disdain for proshop/online only discs.

I should have read back farther, I was mostly commenting on Horsman's post.

I'm in the same boat at this point, although if there is a disc I can only purchase online that I'm dead set on trying I will risk it.

So what's the general review on these?

How do they wear? Will they ever get perfectly flippy? How OS do they start out? Are they ideal for cycling? Is the grip decent? Is there any reason to throw these or are they essentially flat top KC's?

I just want a general review. Gracias!

So what's the general review on these?

How do they wear? Will they ever get perfectly flippy? How OS do they start out? Are they ideal for cycling? Is the grip decent? Is there any reason to throw these or are they essentially flat top KC's?

I just want a general review. Gracias!

Yes, these do break in to get pretty flippy. The couple that I've owned were straight out of the box. In less than 2 weeks I started to see the understable flight pattern, but would still fight back a tiny bit. 4 weeks it would hold the turn all the way to the ground. I wouldn't consider these to be ideal for cycling. At most, I'd carry two of these for straight to understable duties. You will still need something like a Champ Roc3 or a fresh KC Roc for moderately overstable duties.

Hows the G* Rocs compare to the McPros? Im sure the McPros beat in much quicker, Im more interested in their initial stability

My oldest McPro Roc3 (8 months now) is nice and flippy. Thrown flat it will finish to the right, and thrown hyzer it will stay straight. This characteristic in itself is so very useful (because I am trying to minimize molds, so my mids are all Roc3s), as my champ Roc3s do not seem to have this flight (and I doubt they ever will).

I've got a brand new McPro Roc3 to start the "cycle", and though it still has a good amount of fade, I wouldn't rely on them for that slot. That is, a brand new McPro Roc3 won't replace my worn champion Roc3s. But I still keep the brand new McPro so that I can slowly wear it towards my older McPro.

The grip is decent, though a brand new McPro can feel a bit slick. I've found the McPro plastic gets a bit grippier as you use it (or maybe I get used to them). I think if you like champion roc3, you should definitely consider getting a McPro roc3

G* Roc3s seem to retain that fade for longer. If you are comparing them initially, the flight patterns don't seem to change much. Both discs are much easier to turn than champion roc3s (for G*, I think its because they are grippier so you can really rip on them) but its just the receding fade as the disc wears (which for the McPros wear faster)

Last edited:
I too carry a roc cycle w a fresh Bb roc3 as my OS, a seasoned roc3 for straight/small turn and fade, a freshish DX Roc for straight w fade, a used pfn dx roc for big turn w small fade, and a bashed dx roc for us duties. I'm thinking of starting to wear McPros for the last 2 maybe 3 spots. I love the Kc feel but they wear extremely slowly, I'm thinking the McPro will be a happy medium.

The factory store does not list any at the moment. Anyone know if another run coming soon?

(also noting $2.22 flat shipping for orders under $75 through December 24th at Factory Store)

Here is a pic from a couple weeks ago.

65a1zm.jpg

... Same buddy skipped off a frozen green and across 60' of paper thin ice with his backup the other day. The second loss was more horrific as the ice was so thin a line could not even be cast and it sat above deep water. We walked away spotting it in the distance a couple times later knowing nothing realistic could be done.

I have tossed a retriever onto thin ice to have it break through. Was a royal pain to get out...

My DX roc3 (Ice bowl stamp, i came across it new in a used bin) broke in faster than any dx mid I have owned. Its not nearly as good of a flight pattern as a plain jane DX roc broken in. Kinda unpredictable.