• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Medium Wizards No Longer PDGA Legal?

How much does it cost for the pdga to turn their heads?
No head turning that I've observed. Homburg does the testing and talks with the manufacturers directly if there's a problem. If any issue has to go to the Board for manufacturer disciplinary action, Board members with a conflict of interest do not participate in the vote.

I'm calling everyone out on my card, then throwing my rounds so I can get 888s....lol

If they are going to be enforcing this on putters, then they need to do away with too soft of plastic then too. No more BlowFly, Burrito, SSSS, Some runs of the Omega SS.

IMO, I can see having this rule for drivers and mid's, but not putters.

I don't believe there's a lower limit on how soft a disc can be.

(13) have a flexibility rating no greater than 27 lb. (12.25 kg);

Test Methods:
(8) Flexibility - The disc is held on its edge in a vertical position perpendicular to a scale with a precision of at least 2 oz. (56.7 g). The upper rim of the disc is then gradually pressed down within 5 seconds. The flexibility rating is determined at one of two points, depending on how the disc reacts to applied pressure.

For discs that buckle, the flexibility rating corresponds to the point when the maximum weight is registered on the scale. For discs that do not buckle, the rating refers to the weight at the point when the inside rim-to-rim distance is at 50 percent of the disc's diameter. The temperature of the disc is to be no higher than 25 degrees Celsius (77 F) when the test is performed. The ratings of three samples are determined, and the median score is used as the final rating. Discs that are unable to be bent to 50% of their diameters fail the flexibility test. Manufacturers are required to send samples of the most rigid discs they want considered for PDGA approval.

Can't wait to hear all the Innova pro's bitching because their 10x and 11x aviars will now be illegal. Or will there be a special loop hole to allow those in?

Fortunately for Innova they don't have any pros left after Prodigy took them all right? :) (JK...)

If the disc legitimately has PDGA Approved on it, it's legal by default. But anyone can still challenge a specific disc for not meeting the specs whether weight, flex or cracks, etc.

Okay. So I wonder if someone putting with a Medium Wizard will be called out in 2013. That'd suck.

I also wonder if a Medium Wizard that breaks in with use or over time softens enough as people have said they do to meet the flex standard.

I also wonder if a Medium Wizard that breaks in with use or over time softens enough as people have said they do to meet the flex standard.

That's why Medium is so great! It starts out as an excellent thrower, then after some wear develops a really good feel from the use its received. Medium is my favorite plastic for their putters for this reason.

nobody is going to go through anybodies bag and point out that your discs aren't flexible enough. if it's something that will bother you personally that you might be playing with illegal discs then take it out but the chances that you get called on it are very small.

i think if anything it will get called as somebody wants to play head games during a tournament, especially on somebody who carries only stiffies.

i would imagine most td's would let it slide though, how are they supposed to determine what is too stiff for pdga standards without performing a flex test on the spot?

What in the heck is going on with disc golf in 2013? And we're only in January.

Can you prohibit other players from physically touching your discs?

You best be believing if somebody tries to call me out on this...their gonna get a five finger junk punch.

images

Latest posts