• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

masters worlds GR '17

curious which Grand Rapids courses will be used for the masters worlds next year ? host brewery ? ;-)

I lived in Lansing 04-09 btw, played fallasburg & brewer is all for the GR area tho, great thread here to catch up with the throw scene for michiganders... cheers

Riverside will be the hub. It is supposed to be redesigned by next year. Rotary, fallasburg, and brewer will be used iirc

To my Kent county friends: wabasis lake, anyone been? Beautiful park with infinite disc golf possibilities... any thoughts?

To my Kent county friends: wabasis lake, anyone been? Beautiful park with infinite disc golf possibilities... any thoughts?

Is that the Tower Park location? A lot of my friends from SMASH and Fallasburg talk it up all the time as they're putting it in. Haven't been out yet. I'm looking forward to it in the spring.

Is that the Tower Park location? A lot of my friends from SMASH and Fallasburg talk it up all the time as they're putting it in. Haven't been out yet. I'm looking forward to it in the spring.

tower park is in Greenville.
this is north of Lowell.
just punch in wabasis lake park (county park, Kent County)

Riverside was a good course before the trees came down a couple of year ago. Love to see updated baskets and a few holes redesigned to relieve some of the more crowded parts. One of the few course I come back and play when Im in the area. Never have gotten to play the pole course but have wondered what kind of layout with baskets and for modern play could become of the extra park space.

Threw the new 12 holes at Independence Lake this past Sunday. WOW, these are going to be an incredible addition to the park. Park is hot to trot to drop baskets soon. Incredible amount of work already, building two bog bridges.

Just a little more clearing needed..

That's what, 36 holes now?

Are they planning to make it 2 18s?

That was the plan I had heard, add the 12 new holes and then turn it into two 18 hole courses. Nothing official on my end just stating the plan I had heard for Indy Lake. :thmbup:

That's what, 36 holes now?

Are they planning to make it 2 18s?

Still in discussion, but regardless of how the holes are labeled and how the signage is updated, the new 12 fit in between holes 2 and 3.

As a tournament director, you could easily create two 18 hole courses by using all of the new 12 holes + A-F as one course, and 1-18 as the other course. OR, you could create two 18 hole courses by using the new 12 + 13-18 as one course, then 1-12 + A-F as the other.

As a casual player your options are many. Some may choose to play all 36 in this order: 1-2,(new 12), 3-12, A-F, 13-18, or, any subset of those holes for shorter rounds.

The key is, everything will be very clearly marked.

Riverside is in dire need of a complete redesign.

Sometime before next years Pro Masters, there is supposed to be a redesign. Word is that it will include some of the south end of the park. Which means, adios pole course. Mixed feelings about that. My first ace was on the pole course, but it would be sweet to see some nice holes set up with baskets.

Sometime before next years Pro Masters, there is supposed to be a redesign. Word is that it will include some of the south end of the park. Which means, adios pole course. Mixed feelings about that. My first ace was on the pole course, but it would be sweet to see some nice holes set up with baskets.

I always thought the post course was a more laid back and peaceful setup, as there was generally less traffic and interruptions.

I'm interested in seeing how they incorporate the South side, If that's the case. :thmbup:

I always thought the post course was a more laid back and peaceful setup, as there was generally less traffic and interruptions.

I'm interested in seeing how they incorporate the South side, If that's the case. :thmbup:

My guess would be they ditch some of the holes more prone to flooding and maybe cut the two out of the north end of the park.

Could see cutting out the two holes on the north side but possibly cutting out the goose poop peninsula? Risk and reward at its fullest

If I had a dollar for every time I skipped hole 15, I could probably afford another delta cart.

Could see cutting out the two holes on the north side but possibly cutting out the goose poop peninsula? Risk and reward at its fullest
So much truth in this post!:hfive:

Btw. SGAMPERP. I got your Buzzz. Inbox me your adress

Well, a year and a half ago, i sent this dude my address and he still didn't send me that buzzz. I miss DirtyMittenDG.

(Also page 28)

Also, Anyone play Big Bend? Thinking of playing it in the next few days.

I have played Big Bend. It is strictly a forest course with well defined fairways and underbrush in the rough. There is hardly any elevation to speak of. It is mostly intuitive finding your way around. Finding the actual teebox is a little tricky, though. They are just two by fours in the ground, and can be covered by leaves this time of year.

The course is average, except for two holes and they are played back to back, if my memory serves correctly. It is a pretty walk through the forest while throwing discs. The first hole looks straight out of Tolkien in the fall. The "cathedral" hole and a "Z" shaped hole are both great challenges. No way anyone gets to the green off the tee, but both can be made in three.

I had fun at the course. It is way out of the way and you are more likely to see a bear than a person on the course. The two signature holes are worth the play themselves.

Advice: When you find the "parking lot" for the course, turn around and park on the "road" or campground and walk in to the course. You will see what I mean. Shank a shot and dent your car, no joke. Do not pee in the outhouse at the campground. Either of them. A most foul odor was released when my stream struck the fetid pile at the bottom of the hole. My friend ran out of the one which stands next to one of the holes, pants undone, projectile vomiting. I told him not to go in...

Latest posts