• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

So yeah, a newer Eric McCabe designed course. The big sell for me here was the long and short both tee pads, and baskets. It makes for 4 vastly different rounds, as some of distance differences can be substantial. Veteran baskets and very nice pads. I would steer towards a shorter layout as the course is fresh. A whole lotta golf out there though!

Dang it! I drove through here this morning and definitely would have stopped to play if I knew it was there. :wall:
I ended up playing the Vines DGC which is a few miles up the road.
Runway is not listed on this site. :mad:
I just checked and it's listed on UDisc.

yeah, my question was more related to if anyone was going to add but I certainly can...

Ingham County is putting in an 18 hole course near Lake Lansing. It will be at the North park, not the popular South park.
The article says it will be designed by a PDGA designer from Georgia and they are spending $50,000. :clap:
I haven't seen any info indicating when the course will be opening, but my daughter said she saw signs that said "disc golf course coming soon" so I'm guessing sometime this summer.:popcorn:
http://www.homtv.net/index_homtv.asp?view=story&news_id=11542

Hi all! Been a while since I've been on here. Moved back to Bay City area. Still haven't bagged an ace. Wish Bay City would get a ****in course already.

Ingham County is putting in an 18 hole course near Lake Lansing. It will be at the North park, not the popular South park.
The article says it will be designed by a PDGA designer from Georgia and they are spending $50,000. :clap:
I haven't seen any info indicating when the course will be opening, but my daughter said she saw signs that said "disc golf course coming soon" so I'm guessing sometime this summer.:popcorn:

I have friends on that lake :popcorn:

Seems like a good lactation in that there really aren't any other courses on that side of town.

A post in a different thread from edmunder.

Beauty took some serious wind damage and the baskets will be put back up next week, with new tee pads going in before States.

Leviathan is still getting some more work. Needs new signage and 4-5 tee pads which arent right, 1 in the shorts, a few in the longs. Leviathan Longs is still an awesome, really challenging course. My favorite around for best shot doubles.

Whiskey will be taken out after this summer. The camp ground that owns it doesnt feel it makes them any money compared to the upkeep and hassle. Bummer.

Labyrinth at West Shore Community College wasnt listed. Its my favorite place to play around here. Its not difficult, but its a really beautiful property with rolling, grassy hills and 5-6 wooded holes. Perfect course. Longs tee pads if you want it harder.

If true, very sad to hear about Whiskey! But glad to hear about the work being put into the others. Was going to play Labyrinth last month, but didn't end up making it there. I plan on hitting all of the courses mentioned above this summer.

Really is a shame about Whiskey, because it's the type of course that area doesn't have, with almost ski hill like elevation.

Really is a wonderful course, but it doesn't surprise me the owner is making a business decision to pull it. And IIRC, there was a big dust up between the owner and TD for Michigan State's a few years back.

Kimball Pines near Battle Creek has had its back 9 installed and is now once again an 18 hole course.

Please note that the back 9 is still rough and things like signage, tee pad repair for 14, and general brush removal are ongoing. Should look dang good by the end of summer, but it is very playable now.

Kimball Pines near Battle Creek has had its back 9 installed and is now once again an 18 hole course.

Please note that the back 9 is still rough and things like signage, tee pad repair for 14, and general brush removal are ongoing. Should look dang good by the end of summer, but it is very playable now.

Terrific news!! It was very large loss in the Battle Creek disc golf scene. :clap::clap:

im going to be hitting up lp michigan in a week or so and hugging the left of the lp (east coast of lake michigan)

flip is an obvious and some mason county courses too

anyone have any recs for the most wooded and hilly courses around there

really mean truly wooded/dense/unfair courses that have tighest technical lines are my favorite and elevation adds in extra beauty to the mix

for other **** to do around there i was thinking maybe peepin sleeping bear national lake shore

anything else i should look for

i will be hiking and backpacking a ton too while im not playing the dg courses

im going to be hitting up lp michigan in a week or so and hugging the left of the lp (east coast of lake michigan)

anyone have any recs for the most wooded and hilly courses around there

really mean truly wooded/dense/unfair courses that have tighest technical lines are my favorite and elevation adds in extra beauty to the mix

for other **** to do around there i was thinking maybe peepin sleeping bear national lake shore

anything else i should look for

i will be hiking and backpacking a ton too while im not playing the dg courses

Leila Arboretum in Battle Creek is a beating. Not sure I have ever played a more difficult course.

Latest posts