• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Tank-Panzer

I'm in the same boat as Jesse^, the Panzer has definitely made the bag. Its very predictable. You can crank on it into a headwind and it just goes straight forever with a nice fade. The Panzer I have is a flat/white one, so I can't speak for the domey ones yet. It pairs nicely with my Cryztal Zone. If I want a Zone flight, but no skip, I reach for my Panzer.

Can you elaborate on this comparison?

Is it the same flight it just doesn't skip at the end?

Can you elaborate on this comparison?

Is it the same flight it just doesn't skip at the end?

Very similar. I only threw zones for a short period of time so i would best compare it to a esp or new d zone. Definitely not a z zone in stability. I may get a little hop out of this thing but i have never got a zone slide skip before that they are so famous for. All the white ones came out super flat and the colored ones have a slight dome. They are also different plastics. White feels like old school pro plastic almost and the pink feels almost eraser-ish. don't remember the orange ones feel but really you can't go wrong its just preference.

Just got an orange 175 tank and a white 175 panzer. Initial impressions are the tank is floppy like r-pro rhynos and the panzer is money stiff like good pro rhynos. I really wish the tank was the stiffness of the panzer. They both have a huge amount of flashing. Both are board flat with the tank being ever-so-slightly concave (but that maybe due to the floppiness allowing the flight plate to sag a little.) Haven't thrown either yet.

I just got my panzers & tank in yesterday. The white panzer I have is board flat and more stable than the pink, domey panzer I received, and both feel like good dx plastic. The orange tank I got is board flat, but floppy r-pro feeling, like gratefulbuddy said. The descriptions of each disc say the plastic is "Base - soft style". Does anyone know why they have the same description for each disc, but they are different plastics?

Just got an orange 175 tank and a white 175 panzer. Initial impressions are the tank is floppy like r-pro rhynos and the panzer is money stiff like good pro rhynos. I really wish the tank was the stiffness of the panzer. They both have a huge amount of flashing. Both are board flat with the tank being ever-so-slightly concave (but that maybe due to the floppiness allowing the flight plate to sag a little.) Haven't thrown either yet.

Let us know what you think!

I just got my panzers & tank in yesterday. The white panzer I have is board flat and more stable than the pink, domey panzer I received, and both feel like good dx plastic. The orange tank I got is board flat, but floppy r-pro feeling, like gratefulbuddy said. The descriptions of each disc say the plastic is "Base - soft style". Does anyone know why they have the same description for each disc, but they are different plastics?

I think our Tank only says "soft" and the panzer says "stiff". They are the same plastic, however one is obviously more gummy. Which one did you like better?

I think our Tank only says "soft" and the panzer says "stiff". They are the same plastic, however one is obviously more gummy. Which one did you like better?

I see that now, I figured I was missing something. I've only thrown them a handful of times, but I like the panzers better than the tank so far. But out of curiosity, why have a different name for the same disc in different plastic feels? The Mortar is called the Mortar in both the frontline and frontline-x plastics.

I see that now, I figured I was missing something. I've only thrown them a handful of times, but I like the panzers better than the tank so far. But out of curiosity, why have a different name for the same disc in different plastic feels? The Mortar is called the Mortar in both the frontline and frontline-x plastics.

To me the panzer does feel different. The wing/rim feels denser and if you look at the bottom flashing line you can see the inside wall is kinda beefed up. Not sure if this was from the plastic or mold design, but it is a bit beefier there

I'm liking my Tank as an overstable compliment to my Omega BB. The Omega goes further and has more glide, while the Tank is more overstable and has less glide. I can work the Tank on sidearm approaches, flex shots, and spikes, while the Omega excels at general driving off the tee and backhand upshots. Good stuff! Hopefully there is a stiff Tank by the time the weather warms up...

I have two tanks that I bought a while ago. I originally thought they would be stiffer, but they are gummy. At first, I hated them, but that was only because I used them for putting. I drive with them and they are neat. They don't have a ton of glide (or much at all) but they handle tree hits well and you know where they are going. I am certainly a fan of how flat they are. A Frontline -X run would be fun.

Limited amount of recon (champ) Tanks on the hyzer bomb site!! Only 300 available!

I came here to say the same thing. Snagged a blue one. Tank and Panzer have both become permanent parts of my bag.

I believe there's less than 100 left now

So had a chance to take my tank and panzer out and play a bunch with them this weekend. I am a huge fan of shallow putters for driving, but haven't been digging my current set up of chief os. I kept blowing by the target and when I power down I lose some accuracy (yes I know thrower's fault not the disc).

I am loving the Panzer (which I guess is now the hard tank) for drives feels excellent in hand and a great release, very easy to range and I wasn't seeing any blow buys.

The tank (which I guess is now the soft tank) really just sits and sticks. I couldn't drive with it as much, but some finesse approaches where I really needed the disc to not move or steep angle shots that I wanted less roll on seemed to suit the tank well. I dunno if I will bag both, but I will definitely bag at least one.

So had a chance to take my tank and panzer out and play a bunch with them this weekend. I am a huge fan of shallow putters for driving, but haven't been digging my current set up of chief os. I kept blowing by the target and when I power down I lose some accuracy (yes I know thrower's fault not the disc).

I am loving the Panzer (which I guess is now the hard tank) for drives feels excellent in hand and a great release, very easy to range and I wasn't seeing any blow buys.

The tank (which I guess is now the soft tank) really just sits and sticks. I couldn't drive with it as much, but some finesse approaches where I really needed the disc to not move or steep angle shots that I wanted less roll on seemed to suit the tank well. I dunno if I will bag both, but I will definitely bag at least one.

What does the Tank do that the Ir doesn't?

What does the Tank do that the Ir doesn't?

It fits in my hand better. I tend to get cleaner releases with shallower putters. Really other than that the are nearly identical. For people who like to drive a traditional putter depth they will like the Ir. I honestly will probably go back and forth between the two. I really like the Ir when I throw it right, this will hopefully just be more consistent for me.

Now when the milky way comes out....

Last edited: