• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minnesota 2014

CP Adams baskets got moved into their new positions today. New map uploaded to course directory listing. Eight new concrete pads will be poured in 2-3 weeks after testing the new layout. Temp tees are marked with flags and ground is painted to show new routing after each basket.

I hated CP Adams before the renovation, mainly because of the distance from my house, but with the paved OBs it was rather abusive if your game was not on and with the pavement not as OB it was too easy. I will reserve judgement until I see the new layout, but I will always assume the best. I am really looking forward to Am Worlds.

I hated CP Adams before the renovation, mainly because of the distance from my house, but with the paved OBs it was rather abusive if your game was not on and with the pavement not as OB it was too easy. I will reserve judgement until I see the new layout, but I will always assume the best. I am really looking forward to Am Worlds.

No more pavement, it's been taken out and green-ified. Some of the tees, but none of the baskets, are closer to your house, though.

ill be checking it out for sure! always liked the course but it felt like it was lacking something and had a lot more potential. Road-trip from the North metro anyone?

ill be checking it out for sure! always liked the course but it felt like it was lacking something and had a lot more potential. Road-trip from the North metro anyone?

It would not be until early June, at least after the 6th, before I can. I definitely want to it up at least once before Am Worlds, so I am game.

I think the last time I played CP we were watching Timmy Gill throw 500' drives out by the road. Definitely need to get back down there. I always kinda liked the course.
And I need to hit Oakwood before the Majestic. Never played that one.

A few more holes where you have room to air it out than the previous routing. Seven legit blue level par 4s with four of them same as before (old 3, 4, 7 & 10) and three new ones with routing you haven't seen before (new 9, 14, 16).

Sprite Mountain put in a 9 hole hoping to finish an 18 by this fall.

That is old news, when is red ribbon pines gonna open?

Yeah whats up with this... I am going to BRP today maybe I should get Ray really drunk and try to find out.

For real though anyone know anything?

I'm working on a 9 hole course near Cosmos, MN. Baskets will be in any day now. The course is nearly 3000' from the longs and will challenge most advanced players while the shorts hopefully keep things managable for beginners in the area. Dual tees (red rock) and Mach II's. Signs and wood chips will finish it off soon.
It's a hike from the metro, but if you play Crown, Hutchinson, Cosmos, and Willmar it would make a nice day trip.

Tim Mackey worked with the town of Glencoe this summer to re-design the course in Oak Leaf Park. I've played it a couple times and it is a huge improvement over what was there. Dual cement tees and Mach III's. Water comes into play on a couple holes and there will be an island hole as soon as the city gets the bridge up. That one is slightly over 3000'

I was told by the Meeker County Parks manager that Mackey was trying to get a course in at Darwin Hills on Hwy 12, but the parks dept suggested Thompson Lake (Cosmos) as it is pretty well maintained and ready for baskets. He wanted to get paid so I was given the chance to volunteer for the design job. We ended up carving three of the fairways out of dense trees, so there are open, tightly wooded, and partially wooded holes. Not much elevation, but the lake comes into play on two holes.
-Shane

I'm working on a 9 hole course near Cosmos, MN. Baskets will be in any day now. The course is nearly 3000' from the longs and will challenge most advanced players while the shorts hopefully keep things managable for beginners in the area. Dual tees (red rock) and Mach II's. Signs and wood chips will finish it off soon.
It's a hike from the metro, but if you play Crown, Hutchinson, Cosmos, and Willmar it would make a nice day trip.

Tim Mackey worked with the town of Glencoe this summer to re-design the course in Oak Leaf Park. I've played it a couple times and it is a huge improvement over what was there. Dual cement tees and Mach III's. Water comes into play on a couple holes and there will be an island hole as soon as the city gets the bridge up. That one is slightly over 3000'

I was told by the Meeker County Parks manager that Mackey was trying to get a course in at Darwin Hills on Hwy 12, but the parks dept suggested Thompson Lake (Cosmos) as it is pretty well maintained and ready for baskets. He wanted to get paid so I was given the chance to volunteer for the design job. We ended up carving three of the fairways out of dense trees, so there are open, tightly wooded, and partially wooded holes. Not much elevation, but the lake comes into play on two holes.
-Shane

Looks like I need to check these out. thanks:thmbup: