• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minnesota 2014

timj5304

Double Eagle Member
What is in the works for this year in reguards to expansion or new courses? We have lacked getting 18 holers in the recent few years with the exception of oak island redeveloping. I wish lochness would one day redevelop the land and put in a championship 18, whether it wraps around the lake, uses the hill which I hear is off limits or in my dreams both! There is awesome land wrapping the lake to use as well. How about some bigger towns such as forest lake, woodbury, shoreview, minnetonka that don't have courses, reopen lone lake?

What is in the works for this year in reguards to expansion or new courses? We have lacked getting 18 holers in the recent few years with the exception of oak island redeveloping. I wish lochness would one day redevelop the land and put in a championship 18, whether it wraps around the lake, uses the hill which I hear is off limits or in my dreams both! There is awesome land wrapping the lake to use as well. How about some bigger towns such as forest lake, woodbury, shoreview, minnetonka that don't have courses, reopen lone lake?

As big as Minnetonka is, where would you put a course?

Three Rivers still has a ton of land available, both inside and out of Elm Creek that could easily be developed into a west side version of Kaposia. We sorely lack that on our side of the city. I still contend that French Regional Park is the best spot. The problem, I fear and only speculate, is that Three Rivers is timid about having a course actually in the woods. Maybe out of fear of people destroying the trees and disturbing the wildlife (with it being a park reserve in all), or maybe fear out of what will the players do once they are out of sight of any possible park worker.

It is more than likely that Tim Mackey is putting plans in motion for something, but I can't keep up with what he's doing. Signs at Sportsmans Hill are being made and there is actually more to be done there than one expects. St. Mathias in the Brainerd area has aspirations of becoming 18 holes. Sorry this isn't too enticing for you guys in the metro.

Shhh!

Maybe I'm just superstitious, but it seems like that the more we talk about a about potential course, the less likely it is to happen.

That was because of tons or reasons but mainly flooding, terrible litter, graffiti. Naming 16 the devils vagina was the end. Whole course will be gone by 2015

How about Riverfront park in Fridley? This needs to happen, room for 18 good holes and a mile from my house

Only plans for 9 holes in the very south part of the park. It will be tight to get even 9 in there. It's narrow, so some places can't have a hole going both ways. Also, there are some areas off limits for water management stuff.

I'm pondering how to use that field of 5-foot tall humps. It looks like a giant's upside-down egg carton.

Anoka County is just waiting for someone to come along and fund it.

(See, we talked about it and it got cut in half.)

There will be an 18 hole opening in Zimmerman, apparently this month. Not sure what the details are though.

Guys gonna be in MN for AM Worlds this summer and might not get to play (waiting list). Gimme some options and must play local spots to fill my umm....extra time when not caddying for my son :)

Thanks!

-Fort Snelling if you want to play on a ball golf course.
-Acorn is kind of a "historic" course in the metro pretty much everyone has played one time or another that isn't anything special but is some good MN disc golf (busy as heck though)
-Mior Park or Hansen if you want to play on some Cone Baskets
-Elm Creek is a big arms dream
-Lots of the 9 hole courses are a fun play too mixed around the courses which will be holding worlds events so I would check those out too being close.
-Crown College (near lions park area in the SW) is one of my favorite courses but similar to Elm Creek in a way. Maiden shade and Todd Park are fun courses too down south if you are driving in/out of town on 35.

Thank you chains! just printed the list.
Talked to Mike Snelson and he said final 9 for Worlds will be Como park sounds sweet!

I really cant wait for this trip....tons of great DG in MN.

-Fort Snelling if you want to play on a ball golf course.
-Acorn is kind of a "historic" course in the metro pretty much everyone has played one time or another that isn't anything special but is some good MN disc golf (busy as heck though)
-Mior Park or Hansen if you want to play on some Cone Baskets
-Elm Creek is a big arms dream
-Lots of the 9 hole courses are a fun play too mixed around the courses which will be holding worlds events so I would check those out too being close.
-Crown College (near lions park area in the SW) is one of my favorite courses but similar to Elm Creek in a way. Maiden shade and Todd Park are fun courses too down south if you are driving in/out of town on 35.

Crown college has to be close to 20 miles from Shakopee which to me is a quite a ways. I figure I should let you know that before hand. Moir and Hansen are more of the historic courses end built before acorn in the late 70s with cones still, moir has not been updated so it has more of a historic feel, fun to play superclass at. The one course that got hosed on the am worlds spectrum is Lakewood Hills, which in many of the twin cities players minds is the best free course in the twin cities and in my opinion as well. It's sad to see it not in the mix when we have a shot to show off our best courses. Lakewood is about 5 miles from Acorn, very easy to play both in a row as I do it almost every time I play either course.

We wish Lakewood Hills was in the mix. We're still wishing, and still working on trying to get them in. They just don't want a tournament there.

Anyway, everyone can still pop up there and play it anytime for free.

CP Adams baskets got moved into their new positions today. New map uploaded to course directory listing. Eight new concrete pads will be poured in 2-3 weeks after testing the new layout. Temp tees are marked with flags and ground is painted to show new routing after each basket.