• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minnesota/Wisconsin or Michigan/Indiana in September?

MyFavorite state for dg is Wisconsin, truly incredible golf around here - granted there's a couple states I haven't thoroughly explored, doesn't get much better. Stop by and visit my place if it fits your schedule, free lodging and zip lines and some fun dg if you can swing it.

thanks for the offer. I'll check out where you are and see if I can swing by.

Wisco is by far my favorite state for disc golf as well!!!! I would be willing to show you around winter park, could prolly swing the whole day of ridge and winter. Pm and let me know what ya think.

If you happen to be driving through Madison area, Token Creek (Vallarta-Ast) is a must play.

If you play alot of the MN courses on a Sunday/Monday keep me posted * my days off* By chance have you looked into Todd Park in Austin MN which is a gorgeous 27 hole top tier course. As well as Oak Island in Albert Lea MN which is a brand new upcoming top course that rivals most with the city being 100% behind it... Alot of local love ;)

This kinda became a silly question after I listed the courses I intend to play in each area. It clearly seems that MN/WI beats MI/IN, but I figured I'd throw it out there in hope of getting opinions from those that have played in both states. So, which trip would you recommend for me to take this fall? Anything missing from either list?

MN/WI courses:
Highbridge
Mont du Lac
Blue Ribbon Pines
Bryant Lake
Justin Trails
Rollin Ridge
Winter Park

MI/IN courses:
Lemon Lake
Rodgers-lakewood
Flip City
Leviathan
Hickory hills
Shore Acres
Oshtemo

making final preparations for this trip, which will be happening around labor day. How are the bugs this time of year? I can remember terrible rounds in Maine, where I couldn't do anything well because bugs were flying in my eyes and ears the whole time. I'm seriously thinking about bringing goggles to keep the little f**kers out of my vision.

really depends on the amount of rain. right now they are not horrible but its been fairly dry in the twin cities area. Definitely bring spray/lotion though as they are here to stay until the winter pretty much lol.

They haven't been bad at all in SE WI over the last few weeks. It's been cool and dry lately so mosquitos haven't been a problem.

bugs have been quite minimal around here - if you're used to none, you will notice them, if you're used to some to bad, they're pretty much nonexistent. Certain times of the day will probably be worse (dusk). I haven't had to touch repellent in at least a month.

blue ribbon was nearly unplayable for a time this spring due to being attacked but last week I didn't even notice them with a light spray down before the round.

i think im the only one who thinks bryant and kp arent all that great. yeah there awesome and i enjoy playing them, i just can think of a handful of others id rather play. kp is run down **** hole, nearing acorn quality. bryant is pretty, but not too challenging, besides 17 every other hole is pretty forgettable.

ok im done being a critic. both are worth it and youll enjoy them but i personally think there is better. but of course its all just personal opinion. everyone likes different things

thanks everybody. It looks like I'm flying into Milwaukie, then playing...

Day 1, something near Madison
Day 2, Justin Trails (both courses)
Day 3,Bryant
BRP
Day 4, Highbridge (two or three courses)
Day 5, Rolling Ridge
Silver creek
Day 6, something near Milwaukie
I'll add others along the way if I feel up to it

not sure of dates just yet, going to buy tickets very soon

Hiestand is the best course in the madison area if you ask me!!

My place would be between Justin Trails and Bryant. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's a must play, but could easily be on your way if you're looking for a scenic drive, you need a place to stay (I can give you your own cabin), give you a tour of the treetops on the zip line canopy tour, and of course some solid disc golf on the 9 baskets in my back yard.

bryant is going to disappoint you js. crown college is down the roads and much better. and free.

It does look very nice. However, crown doesn't have beer bottles laying around anywhere either. My vote is still for crown

thanks again Martin for the very generous offer! I added an extra day to the trip as a buffer and in case of any rain or whatever. I'm sure it will be nice to break up the three hour drive too. I'll PM you the night before I'm passing through if I think I can make it there.

Also, bought the tickets last night...9/4-9/10...

Crown looks okay, but Bryant looks beautiful.

Yeah, for a traveler, I'd recommend bryant over crown any day. It's a beautiful course with fairly decent variety of play - sure it's not as challenging as say Kaposia, but I find it more challenging than Crown which is 70% wide open bombers, and the rest has fairly wide open lines.