• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minnesota

that would probably explain it. they moved all of the trees around the pin last fall. so i could tell they were getting ready for something

I HOPE THEY BUILD A FIRE STATION. Several years ago my car caught on fire at the marystown road exit right in front on lions park. I called 911 about the fire, and the guys asked IF I NEEDED A TRUCK. Duh, my car is on fire, I think I need a truck. The fire started small. I waited several minutes, than WHAM the whole thing lit up. 10-15 foot flames, took another several minutes before they got there and the whole thing was melted/destroyed. A new firestation and all the junk in the car woudn't have reeked of oil smoke, althought it would still most likely have been totalled

From a practical standpoint, I think it ruins the hole. it used to be "semi" difficult because of the length, and seemed to fit in with the course. Now it feels like a teepad and a basket, with no actual character of it's own

Where the hell are the pins at for Riverside Park in St. Cloud? I just drove over a hour from Fridley and there were no pins, I was pissed off.

Where the hell are the pins at for Riverside Park in St. Cloud? I just drove over a hour from Fridley and there were no pins, I was pissed off.

They pull them in the winter to allow sledders and cross country skiers. park hasn't put them back in yet I assume.

Did you at least hit up Calvary Hill, Millstream, or Hidden Lake since you were in the area?

Played 54 holes at BRP today. Was incredibly awesome. Course is playing great except the hole with the circular teepad and water, 20 something, is almost entirely flooded.

The fairway has flooded with 1-3 inches of standing water on hole 22 and the pond has expanded across most of the fairway on 18. Pretty much had to get pin high. We played the water casual but it didn't really come up. Had to walk through the woods on the side of the fairway on both those holes to get around the water.

The fairway has flooded with 1-3 inches of standing water on hole 22 and the pond has expanded across most of the fairway on 18. Pretty much had to get pin high. We played the water casual but it didn't really come up. Had to walk through the woods on the side of the fairway on both those holes to get around the water.

That is pretty insane. Although considering the rest played well, that's impressive. I figured that sod would just be a big sponge everywhere.

I went to Becker on my way home, not a real fan of those other courses in St. Cloud.

Not to start anything, but I have always felt that Riverside, while great, is highly overrated when it comes to St. Cloud. Sure, its a great course and is a blast to play, but it doesn't have some elements that other courses like Millstream, Hidden Lake, and Calvary hill have.

There are absolutely no water hazards at Riverside, unlike Millstream and Hidden Lake.

There are no heavily wooded holes like Cav Hill has.

Its always crowded unless you go at 10:00 am on the weekends.

At Riverside(and Calvary Hill to be honest) you have to always be watching out for someone throwing on you. Too many holes where you can hit other players teeing off for a different hole makes it somewhat annoying to play when you have to wait for the group of 7 to tee off before making your throw even if they are 2 holes behind you(I'm thinking 5 and 3 at Riverside).

Hidden Lake is by far my favorite course in the area. Tough as hell to play but has a good mix of everything. Love #15 over the lake. After that I would have to say I like Cav Hill, Becker, and Millstream more than Riverside. Heck, I almost like Benton Beach in Rice more than Riverside.

The last few years we've made the trek to St Cloud from the cities to play most of the courses in the area and stay to party downtown.

We played Hidden Lake last fall and were let down honestly. Maybe we had high expectations but outside of a handful of holes, it wasn't what we had hoped for. Maybe it was the amount of blind shots for first timers. The last 6 holes were probably our favorite but that didn't save the course.

We loved Benton Beach. It's short but the types of shots and the winding river really make it a fun course that you can play 2-3 times pretty easy without any traffic.

Riverside and Calvary are solid courses but I'd agree that they are so hard to play during the school year.

Actually, I completely understand what you are saying about Hidden Lake. Its seems easy to hype something beyond its actual value. While I do love Hidden Lake and consider it one of my favorites, its still somewhat raw since it is only 2+ years old.

The blind shots comment is probably true as well. I've played Hidden Lake enough to know the holes but I can see how someone not use to playing it might have trouble with it. I still think holes 7, 14, 15, and 17 offer something unique to the area that isn't found nearby that makes Hidden lake worth playing.

I will admit, Benton Beach is a guilty pleasure. I can't say its the "best" course in the area, but its a fun course to play. It uses the stream very well and has a good mix of risk/reward shots to make it fun. Its also the course of my only ace which was on #4.

Riverside and Cav Hill are fun, don't get me wrong on that. They are just annoying with the pure amount of players always there! I suck really(my best drives are 300 on average) but I can't stand half of the idiots on those two courses sometimes. Its enough sometimes that I want to pick up the idiots' disc and throw them in the Mississippi River just to prove a point!

Actually, I completely understand what you are saying about Hidden Lake. Its seems easy to hype something beyond its actual value. While I do love Hidden Lake and consider it one of my favorites, its still somewhat raw since it is only 2+ years old.

The blind shots comment is probably true as well. I've played Hidden Lake enough to know the holes but I can see how someone not use to playing it might have trouble with it. I still think holes 7, 14, 15, and 17 offer something unique to the area that isn't found nearby that makes Hidden lake worth playing.

I will admit, Benton Beach is a guilty pleasure. I can't say its the "best" course in the area, but its a fun course to play. It uses the stream very well and has a good mix of risk/reward shots to make it fun. Its also the course of my only ace which was on #4.

Riverside and Cav Hill are fun, don't get me wrong on that. They are just annoying with the pure amount of players always there! I suck really(my best drives are 300 on average) but I can't stand half of the idiots on those two courses sometimes. Its enough sometimes that I want to pick up the idiots' disc and throw them in the Mississippi River just to prove a point!

I completely agree w/ everything Bones has said. With that being said, I do think Hidden Lake is an incredible course that is worth the trip alone, and who knows, within a few years, with regular play, each hole will develop additional gaps and paths towards each target, making it a course that plays at almost the same level as Blue Ribbon Pines, and Mont Du Lac.

Why on earth did they start charging for the toilet of a course in Inver Grove Heights? I think for 5 bucks they should have a nice place like Blue Ribbon, even the three rivers parks only cost 3 per time and are pretty well kept.

Latest posts