• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] More stable DD Emac truth?

Tolexi

Bogey Member
Hey. I have been loving my Moonshine Emac Truth. It is awesome straight to understable mid that goes straight and long ways. I throw it about 350ft and the rim feels very good with forehand throws as well. Only problem is that it is too understable if I want a little bit fade or I am facing a headwind. So, please recommend me a more stable midrange that flies similar to emac truth. I have thrown a lot of rocs but they require a lot more height and they don't glide like truth does.

P1X | Jokeri | Roc/3 | TeeBird | PD | Destroyer

A Buzzz might fit the bill. They feel similar to the Truth. I find them to be a bit more OS than the Truth and they hold up nice for FH shots. They both have similar distance potential.

Discraft z wasp if you can get past the bead. TONS of glide, you can really power it, and it always fades long at the end. I was throwing the emac truth as my stand up and ride anny mid 200 footer. I ended up chucking a claymore once and switched over. It's probably the same mold, but the claymore I have holds lines without getting a mind of it's own like my truths did. Between that, an esp buzzz, a couple of drones, and the wasp all midrange lines are covered for me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Maybe look at a Bard or Anchor.

The right Emacs can be very true stable and handle power, but it seems they beat in. You can keep adding Truths as they get flippy but I think that'll be never ending.

Verdict will give you more fade, although the HSS is similar to a good stable Emac. It might not go quite as far but they get good distance on their speed still. Verdict is great for FH too, similar feel to the Truth.

Verdict is where I'd start. Really feels nice for sidearm. The Pine is a little bit different feeling but ought to be a bit more stable than Truths.

How the verdict flies vs. MD4 or Roc3? I thought they are very similar

P1X | Jokeri | Roc/3 | TeeBird | PD | Destroyer

I think the verdict is more OS than the R3. R3 likely fits between the Truth and Verdict, though it's not as comfortable in the hand, IMO. No experience with the MD4, but I believe it is likely similar to the verdict, but maybe a deeper feel.

But to the OP question, like others have said, a verdict is a great choice. I bag both as my only mids.

How the verdict flies vs. MD4 or Roc3? I thought they are very similar

I haven't thrown an MD4. But Roc3 can vary from straight to quite OS. I have one OS Star Roc3 that I was bagging alongside my Verdict for a while, but the Verdict just took the shots from it in almost every situation. The Roc3 was a bit more HSS, but required a lot more height. The Verdict is faster and with more glide. The only shot I really preferred the Roc3 for was an OS mid shot downhill where you want it to sweep fade out at a certain point, the Roc3 ranges easier. As you know with Truths, the Verdict wants to go on speed so it's harder to pinpoint a downhill landing zone.

The Verdict skips more than the Roc3 on hard ground, no question there. If you throw low FH shots especially on harder ground, the Verdict will hover and forward glide/skip whereas the Roc3 will slow down a ton in comparison.

The best way I can describe the Verdict is as a speed 5 Teebird. Or imagine a Teebird flight with Truth feel/speed/glide.

I haven't thrown an MD4. But Roc3 can vary from straight to quite OS. I have one OS Star Roc3 that I was bagging alongside my Verdict for a while, but the Verdict just took the shots from it in almost every situation. The Roc3 was a bit more HSS, but required a lot more height. The Verdict is faster and with more glide. The only shot I really preferred the Roc3 for was an OS mid shot downhill where you want it to sweep fade out at a certain point, the Roc3 ranges easier. As you know with Truths, the Verdict wants to go on speed so it's harder to pinpoint a downhill landing zone.

The Verdict skips more than the Roc3 on hard ground, no question there. If you throw low FH shots especially on harder ground, the Verdict will hover and forward glide/skip whereas the Roc3 will slow down a ton in comparison.

The best way I can describe the Verdict is as a speed 5 Teebird. Or imagine a Teebird flight with Truth feel/speed/glide.
If your post is true the Verdict is JUST what I am looking for. Teebird is the best driver ever made!

P1X | Rhyno | Jokeri | Emac Truth | TeeBird | PD | Destroyer

Verdict should be a good choice, but also check out an Emac Truth in the Prime plastic. They start off Very beefy.

If your post is true the Verdict is JUST what I am looking for. Teebird is the best driver ever made!

P1X | Rhyno | Jokeri | Emac Truth | TeeBird | PD | Destroyer

Yeah if you go Verdict - Teebird - PD then you know the flights. And combine that with knowing how the Truth works, you'd learn that disc real fast.

It's not truly OS though, it's like a Teebird. So it'll ignore some wind and cut through, but at some point you have to throw a Firebird instead of a Teebird for example. But just like how a Truth is like an FD then the Verdict is the Teebird.

Try a discmania MD4 - Its what I was looking for when trying to find a more OS Buzzz - its not super beef, juuuuust enough though.

Lucid verdict for an identical feel with a healthy LSS fade at the end. Prime Verdict for more beef all around when new.

Latest posts